“Plan for your time here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #458 of 682 things to do in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
36 attraction reviews
“Plan for your time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Every time we visit Vegas, I try to find different experiences in what Vegas has to offer other than the regular Vegas tourist attractions and a Groupon offer provided that opportunity for something different and purchased one for my partner after checking out the website to find out what this drifting experience was about. For the 30 minute drifting experience, you ride tandem in the passenger seat with a 'drift' instructor providing the drifting techniques and tips for about 10 min.s and then you switch positions with the rest of time you drive and apply the drifting techniques with the instructor offering constructive comments. If you ever wanted to push your driving skills than this is where you can do it in a safe and instructional mode.

The course is located at the very end of dead end of the road and end of the building where the Fast Track go-karting is located. It wasn't until we drove to the end of the road that we found UDrift in the open lot when our GPS failed to pinpoint the address. Don't plan to be anywhere else if you have to be on time somewhere else as we did the first night and had to leave before our driving turn came up and returned the next night (to use the groupon before it expired). The first night the drifting course had to use an adjacent lot to be closer to water source to manually water down the drifting track when their water trailer broke. On the second visit, we were back to their regular drifting track and the water trailer working to keep the track 'slick'.

It's first come, first turn to drive starting from the time they open. We already had 5 others ahead of us when we arrived the next day at 5:30 PM (posted opening hr.), but didn't really get started with the fist driver til about 6:00 PM and by the time for my partner's turn, it was getting to be dusk. The Pros took to the track first and showed off what precision drifting can do. Plan for Vegas temperatures as there is no building and A/C to keep you cool while you waited your turn and no restroom facilities and shifting shade areas. Water and other beverages are provided to keep you hydrated in the Vegas heat. Nighttime drifting might be a better choice in Summer and get an extra benefit of seeing the lights of the The Strip from the track.

You can drive your own car, but probably is best to learn the technique on one of their cars. If you have your own helmet, you might want to bring it or a dew rag/scarf, otherwise you will be wearing one of their provided helmets. My only complaint about the experience would be that you learn the drifting technique driving in the same counterclockwise direction on the track.

Visited June 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
16 attraction reviews
“non existant?!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son really wanted to do this while in Las Vegas, so we tried calling many times before leaving Florida. There was never any answer and answering machine is full so we were never able to leave a message. Tried calling several more times once we got to LV, same thing. My husband and son drove to the address given on website and there is no inidication at the location that they even exist. Asked around and was told to go to the speedway. At the speedway, we were told they had been there 2 weeks ago, but no idea when they'd return for track rental and they weren't even sure if the business still existed, went out of business, etc. Poor way to run a business.

Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My buddy and I purchased ‘learn to drift’ package on a daily deal site. We were very much looking forward to the experience. I had called the company multiple times to check as to availability, as they don’t routinely update their website calendar. Today is June 7, and they still only show a tentative May schedule. The main phone number is the owner’s cell phone. I was told we didn’t need to make a reservation….just stop by between 5:30 and 9:30 pm on any given day. We showed up at their new location near the strip just before 9:00 pm. Initially we were told there were too many people ahead of us and that we should return on another day (despite a $15 cab ride). Ultimately they agreed to allow us to wait and go that night. While the potential was there for a worthwhile experience, in the end this was a waste of time. Of the 5 cars they had, 2 broke down WHILE WE WERE THERE. Because of the limited space available in the new location (the track is a small portion of an industrial building’s parking lot), only one car could go at a time. While the package was supposed to include a teaching and driving component, due to the limited time available, the pressure of additional people waiting to utilize the ‘track’, and the difficulty in communicating drifting concepts in a car without a muffler, I felt it would be unsafe for me to attempt these maneuvers so the package turned into a professional drifting our car about 8 times around in a relatively small circle. In all it was about 10-15 minutes total driving time. In sum, the management of this operation is elementary, and unable to provide a value added experience. On the plus side, the two ‘driving’ employees we met were very friendly and accommodating, and trying to make the best of what they had to work with. My advice: Save your money…even at the discounted daily deal price, this was no deal.

Visited May 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

A Groupon for Drifting at U-Drift was in my inbox. After I figured out what "drifting" meant by watching a brief video, I decided to purchase; one, because my husband would love it, but more importantly I'd just turned 40 and I would NEVER under normal circumstances try this, so I thought let's do it! Well, I'm soooo happy that we did it. At first, I was fairly nervous. We were treated to "pro-am" racers practicing on the adjacent track which is similar to standing in line for a roller coaster, watching in terror, and contemplating if you're actually going to go through with the ride! But once in the car, first as a passenger then a driver, it was freaking awesome! We will definately go back the next time we're in Vegas. It's safe and super fun! My instructor was Chris, owner, and he was so great! Chris explained every move so well, what to do and not, so I felt at ease after his first drift with me in the car. As soon as I got behind the wheel, it was fun and pretty easy. Just forget all the rules of street driving and you'll be fine; you'll wish you had more time ... which I believe you are able to add at any time for a fee. So if you're looking for something different than gambling and Hoover Dam in the desert find U-Drift and go for it!!!

Visited February 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Total Loss Dont get your hopes up!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had purchased groupons to do this while we were in Vegas and all the guys in our group were really looking forward to this... I had emailed the company to see where their new strip location was so that we could find our way there. This is what was set on their schedule online as to the location. The morning of we checked online to make sure nothing had changed. Needless to say after $30 in cab fare the guys were dropped off at a location a couple of blocks away to find out that they were closed and no one was even picking up their phone (which may I add is a personal cell phone not a business line) We had left several messages without a return call. The guys had to call for another cab ride another $20 to get back to our hotel on the strip. On our final day their someone finally answered the phone and said something was wrong with permits??? I just wish that someone would have returned our call and they should have updated their website if there was a problem. At least groupon has refunded us the $ for our tickets but we are still out almost a whole day in Vegas and $50.

Visited March 2012