“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

1-877-RACE-LAP (722-3527)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #518 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
Type: Educational Sites, Game/ Entertainment Centers, Race Car Tracks, Amusement
Grand Junction, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We purchased this 8 min. experience for my dad and husband. It was a great time. The waiting around is a bit long. There are many different sessions in the day and they all have about 50 people. They give a safety pitch and then send everyone out with pagers. At Las Vegas they were governed to 5000 rpm which got them to a speed about 150 mph. They loved it. They made about 7 to 8 laps on their time limit and enjoyed it so much they purchased ridealongs for my mom, sister and I. We got to go 170 mph for 3 laps. The price seems a bit high for what you get but it is a one time experience. $99 for a ridealong. A must do if you are looking for speed.

Visited October 2012

Rancho Santa Fe, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Fast and Furious OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Well for starters..I had no idea the number of people doing this...I expected 10-12...right there were 50+ doing the NASCAR experience and the same for the Indy experiance. Well so much for that. If speed and excitement is your thing this is definately for you. Safety is the number one concern. After an in depth class on what to expect and how to operate the car we were off to the pits. Once suited up, and outfitted with the radio and helmet gear the adrenilan starts. Once it is your turn you are assisted into the car, belted up, and away you go. You soon realize you are in an Indy car. Slight movements of the wheel are all that is required to stay in the safety zone. Getting up to 150mph+ was not a problem. The only problem I had was to convince my brain to stay on the gas thru the turns. The natural instinct is to let up onthe gas. It took me several laps to put the pedal to the metal in the turns. In summary it was awesome, I reached 150.47mph which was limited by the "Chip"..I could easily have gone fster, especially after the 5th or 6th lap. I would highly reccomend this!!

Visited October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“OMGosh!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Don't parachute out of a plane or bungee jump from a bridge until you try this "EXPERIENCE". you are given training before suiting up and being strapped in securely to your car seat. Once you are shoved onto the track by a push vehicle you floor it and go. The steep banking of the The Las Vegas Speedway track makes this experience fantastic. In the turns you keep the gas to the floor and prepare to experience "G Forces" that are unbelievable. You feel as if the car is doing the driving. Don't get me wrong you are in control but the way the cars are built they just stick to the track allowing you to push your limits with SPEED........ As another reviewer mentioned up to 170 MPH is possible I presume but 150 was my wimpy limit. Oh but when I do it again I'm going all out......

This is a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget and few will believe you when you tell them your experience. This is a little pricey so be prepared, check it out online and count on buying the picture they offer so that you can prove you drove the car.

Visited November 2011
Newport News, Virginia
“Total waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I purchased the package for my husband as a welcome home gift from deployment. We were both excited as he has wanted to do this for years. We arrived for his 4:00PM timeslot and proceeded to wait 3 hours. For whatever reason, he was the LAST driver. NO ONE else on the track. While I was trying to take pictures, the workers were taking down the equipment. So I got alot of pics of them walking in front of me. They literally shut down while he was driving. Then, when it came time to take his photo package, they hung a piece of plastic up against a medal fence, had him sit in a chair, and took a head shot (something I could have done for less than 90 dollars. No pics on him in or next to his car. We both felt like we were squeezed in. I will never purchase this again.

Visited August 2012
USA
“Just did this in Richmond”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Frankly - it's a poor value. It may be because Richmond, VA is such a small track but I drove faster on the way there then I did on the actual track. It's hard to get up to (the governed) 130 speed when there is a car whipping around you at 180 mph at which they tell you to stay slow on the bottom so you can get passed.

Go ahead and add that they have you show up an hour early so you can repeatedly hear over and over that if you make one mistake that they will happily shut off your car and send you packing and it's not much of an experience for the money.

Visited August 2012