“Could not find terminal for connecting flight.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of McCarran International Airport

McCarran International Airport
5757 Wayne Newton Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (The Strip)
702 261 52 11
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 267 Attractions in Las Vegas
Type:
Harrisburg, Pa
“Could not find terminal for connecting flight.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I will never fly going through this airport again. I will also never fly Alaska air because it is less expensive. Noone in the entire airport knew how to direct us to the terminal for Alaska Air. I was near tears! In addition to that , our luggage did not make it to our hotel in Portland! Talk about a nightmare!

Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
“Does the Security bunch KNOW what they are doing?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been through McCarren a zillion times but this was the most screwed-up time (on the outbound).
Getting through security was a joke! They direct "First Class" passengers, of which I was one, through a special line which only puts you into the main line. I have no problem with that but they made me feel like a "line cutter", which I clearly am NOT. Had I known that, I would have just gotten into the regular line.
Then the scan/investigation process is yet another hoot since they run everyone through the line and "see-all" machine at lightning speed only to let you end up at the other end wondering what became of your belongings.
Apparently people move faster than carry-ons??? I've never seen a chinese fire drill as bad as this one!
Be prepared in advance- you will be amazed at the incompetitance that YOUR tax dollars are funding!

I've never been more glad to board a plane and "get outta Dodge" as I was in Vegas!

Visited November 2012
Plymouth UK
5 attraction reviews
“Smokers alert - you can smoke INSIDE the airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

There is a glassed in area of slot machines (after security) where you can smoke!
As to the new terminal - having previously used the old Terminal 2 the new terminal was a vast improvement, though having arrivals and departures in the same area seemed strange to us Brits. Had a lovely reasonably priced massage and a much better choice of food and drink than previously. The disabled assistance both on arrival and departure was very good. As this allowed us fast track through security etc I cannot comment on waiting times BUT the queues did not seem particularly long. The lovely Ray from Prospect Airport Services took us to a smoking area first and by the time we arrived at baggage reclaim most of our fellow travellers had also arrived so the security process must have been fairly speedy! On departure we were able to keep a wheelchair the whole time so enabling us to move around the terminal as we wished.

Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“A well oiled machine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The most organized airport in the world. Every airport manager in the country should look at this airport to learn how to do it right.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,259 reviews 1,259 reviews
441 attraction reviews
3,620 helpful votes 3,620 helpful votes
“Worst airport experience in the world!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've visited Vegas regularly from the UK in the last ten years & the airport has been the only negative. ( old, no facilities, no exec lounge, rubbish shops & eats).
I am pleased to see that they are finely spending money on the place, but the queues to get through security are a joke! It took 2 hours to get passport checks, collect bags & then get through customs!! Off a long flight this is not good, especially when the airport was pretty quiet.
If our US guests got this treatment at Heathrow, there would be a diplomatic storm!! I hope my experience is better when I leave????