The Desert Rose is a timeshare resort - sits next door to Hooters which is a run down casino and is off the Strip a good two blocks South of the MGM. It is walking distance to the MGM and that's why we stayed there, for a big named show we had tickets to. It feels like the timeshare company bought an old motel, slapped on a new facade - but nevertheless, it felt motel-ish. Not like a Motel 6, but more like a step down from Residence Inns/Hawthorne Suites. Three floors with pretty much open hallways to get to the rooms and a parking lot that surrounds the outside of the buildings - so the majority of the rooms are looking at a car in the parking lot. The rooms were small and especially the kitchen - what we call a 1 butt kitchen. A very small 4 seater dining table. Furnishings look as if they had been updated, flat screen TVs and a nice couch, bed, etc. but the rooms again were dark and small and so were the bathrooms most likely because of the conversion from motel to attempt a condo feel. The pool area was very small and needs upgrading. The lobby was terrific though - felt spacious and had great room for groups to play cards, get a cup of coffee/tea and visit. This was the best part of the resort. For a Shell Vacations Resort I was surprise. Too bad because this is not a good reflection as a Shell property. It is very close to the airport so you will hear planes. There is a security feature for entrance to property so good job Shell in making guests feel safe in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 blocks from the Las Vegas Strip, Desert Rose Resort provides you with great access to all the glitz and glam of Las Vegas along with all the gracious pleasures of a resort hotel. Settle into one and two-bedroom condo suites in Las Vegas with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living and dining areas – all beautifully decorated with sleek, contemporary furnishings and a rich color palette. Desert Rose Resort’s pool is an oasis, a truly relaxing and refreshing hideaway – dramatically different from the crush of people at some Vegas hotels. Lucky you, Desert Rose Resort is a winning deal in Las Vegas - without stepping foot in a casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Desert Rose Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Rose Hotel Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Resort Las Vegas