“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first trip to the Desert Rose. We stayed 5 nights for our honeymoon. It was very comfortable and easy to get to the strip. Good coffee, comfortable bed and nice towels. Not a great neighborhood but not terrible. Just need to be big city aware. We'd definitely go back. Great rewards program at Hooters next door. A few hours of gambling scored us two free prime rib dinners, $75 of rewards play (each) and some other souvenirs. The prime rib was actually quite good. If you have not been to Ellis Island there is a great restaurant and the bbq is very, very good too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have been going to the Desert Rose for many years. There have been dramatic changes in their policies since our visit last Christmas.
There is no more breakfast in the morning
There are no more social hours on weekdays
Rooms are not cleaned during your stay.
The rooms are the same and it is nice to have a kitchen.
The elevator sounded like it was questionable if it would make it to the third flood.
There is a strong sales pitch.
In general, the relaxed atmosphere has dissipated.
Be prepared for the change

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Checked in on Tuesday for 15 nights our 10th stay with you & have already booked for April.Requested a specific room & got it, love this room, it's very clean & quiet. No complaints about room whatsoever. Great amenities - popcorn, coffee, hot chocolate plus everything you need like washing up liquid, tea towels & dishwasher tablets. Soft & fluffy towels too At checkin we were met with great staff, very friendly. Only downside was did not realize they stopped doing breakfast but most days we missed it anyway. You can go to CVS & buy most breakfast items cheap. This is only 10 minutes walk away (cheaper than the shop at Motel 6!). I have recommended this resort to many people. Can't wait to see what renovations are in place for the rooms in 2015. Can you make sure though that it's done for our favorite room for April please ?!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Rocky View County, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

and we wouldn't say anywhere else. The Desert Rose is one block off strip and that saves you $25/day in resort fees. It has a full kitchen which allows us to eat breakfast before starting our day saves at least $30/day. Is non gaming so you aren't constantly being bombarded by the slot noises, Priceless!!

The rooms may be dated but they are clean. I've never had a room where the door didn't close so I can't speak to that. I look forward to our stay next year!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Elon College, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing special about this resort. The folks are very friendly, but the accommodations are a bit outdated. At least in the building/units we stayed in (building 3). You see directly through the crack left when our door was closed. I requested one of the renovated rooms but I was told the elevator was broken so they didn't want me to stay there.
Overall, the grounds are nice, pool and hot tub were great and the grill area came in very handy. Just make sure that if you're staying here to get an inside room, even though you lose any sort of view possible, unless you are facing the pool. The noise from the constant police cars and ambulances was unbearable at times. And don't get me started about the tree trimming the resort decided to do.....at 7am!!!!!!!!
Would I stay here again....yes, but I'd be more adamant about which rooms I was placed in. The overall location is VERY convenient, short walk to Strip but be prepared for the 'Vegas smell'.
If I'm rating this resort on a scale of 1-10, where 10 blows your mind....I'd rate DR as 6.5 maybe 7.0. Once all renovations are completed, perhaps this could go up.

Room Tip: Stay away from building 3!!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ludlow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed here in November through our timeshare with Interval. Not what i expected from a timeshare, and supposedly as owners we had the best room. Just run down, old furniture, clean, but just not what you would expect. I was told at checkout that the whole place is starting renovations in January, so maybe things will improve. a little too far for me from the strip, but quiet if you like that.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had booked a couple of suites at Desert Rose Resort and I am trying to cancel the reservation 3 months in advance due to a change in plans. They will not allow me to cancel my reservation and made me pay for the hotel upfront. Staff was also very rude on the telephone. I would not recommend this hotel. Very dissatisfied already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Desert Rose Resort? Share your experiences!