“Desert Rose is.....average.” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Elon College, North Carolina
“Desert Rose is.....average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nothing special about this resort. The folks are very friendly, but the accommodations are a bit outdated. At least in the building/units we stayed in (building 3). You see directly through the crack left when our door was closed. I requested one of the renovated rooms but I was told the elevator was broken so they didn't want me to stay there.
Overall, the grounds are nice, pool and hot tub were great and the grill area came in very handy. Just make sure that if you're staying here to get an inside room, even though you lose any sort of view possible, unless you are facing the pool. The noise from the constant police cars and ambulances was unbearable at times. And don't get me started about the tree trimming the resort decided to do.....at 7am!!!!!!!!
Would I stay here again....yes, but I'd be more adamant about which rooms I was placed in. The overall location is VERY convenient, short walk to Strip but be prepared for the 'Vegas smell'.
If I'm rating this resort on a scale of 1-10, where 10 blows your mind....I'd rate DR as 6.5 maybe 7.0. Once all renovations are completed, perhaps this could go up.

Room Tip: Stay away from building 3!!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Ludlow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

stayed here in November through our timeshare with Interval. Not what i expected from a timeshare, and supposedly as owners we had the best room. Just run down, old furniture, clean, but just not what you would expect. I was told at checkout that the whole place is starting renovations in January, so maybe things will improve. a little too far for me from the strip, but quiet if you like that.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had booked a couple of suites at Desert Rose Resort and I am trying to cancel the reservation 3 months in advance due to a change in plans. They will not allow me to cancel my reservation and made me pay for the hotel upfront. Staff was also very rude on the telephone. I would not recommend this hotel. Very dissatisfied already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you don't want to stay in one of the busy, bulky, loud casino hotels gut still want to be "on" the Strip, this is the place to be. My wife chose this resort because it offered 2-bedroom suites at a fair price and it was a hit. Located just behind Tropicana and next to MGM, but still nicely away from all the stripnoise. Nice and clean suites with good bed and bathrooms. Full kitchen and spacious enough living for four adults. Balcony available with every suite, for the die-hard smokers. Swimming pool (non heated, so cold), fitness room and more on the resort, but we did not use most of that. We had one of the outside corner suites, ground floor, and could almost park (plenty of parking spaces) on our balcony, which was very convenient at the time, due to health conditions ( which are better now TG). Downside of that suite was the poor WiFi connection, being as far away as possible from the WiFi router. Hence the 4 instead of 5 stars in the rating.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Abby T, Manager at Desert Rose Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are lucky to be in such an ideal location from the strip and I am happy to hear you took advantage of that. It sounds like you were comfortable in your room, which is great! It is definitely what we strive for at our resort. Please accept my apologies for the issue you had with WiFi and we have notified our internet carrier to ensure this issue is fixed for out future guests. Thank you and we look forward to having you stay again, in the near future!
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 5 nights here in mid-November 2014. This was our third stay at this place. It is an all suite motel type facility. This was our most disappointing stay. Our second day there we had a major water leak in our bathroom ceiling. We were on the 3rd floor and we were told it was a problem with the sprinkler system and effected several units. We were promptly moved to another room. While relocating was necessary, it's no small task in the midst of your holiday. We had all our belongings and our food to move. They sent up a cart, after we asked, but there was to offer to assist, and the most disappointing part....no apology for this inconvenience....none at all. Our second room had a water leak under the sink from the dishwasher. We informed the front desk staff upon our check out. Again no apology for either of these situations. We were told the facility is moving to a timeshare. Any buyer should beware of the costs owners will incurred to make these repairs/upgrades. This place is just plain tired and in need of some work and not just cosmetic attention. Also this place states itself to be a non-smoking facility. Not so, there were several units with smokers on the balconies. We do not smoke but had to go inside and shut our balcony door because smoke wafted up to our balcony. This was disappointing. When we checked out we were told upgrades would occur over 2015/2016, starting with the lobby. The lobby is not flashy but it's fine, and I would much rather go into a plain lobby, then onto an upgraded room...in that order. Our flight left Friday night and check out time is noon. When we checked in I asked about the possibility of a late check out. They said to call the morning of, which I did only to be told it would cost us the cost of an additional day. I get all these things happen, leaks etc. But what I don't get is how staff in the service industry can lack good service manners. A shame really. The most welcoming conversation I had was with the two different security staff in the parking lot. I don't want to leave the impression this is not a good place to stay, as that is not how we both feel. The suites, while old, were clean and the kitchens well supplied. It's a great location, and good waking distance from the Strip. There is ample free parking if you have a vehicle. The concierge was very welcoming and helpful. You will get housekeeping once per week. Also they were prompt in bringing supplies the two times we needed them. Front desk staff need some "upgrades" along with the building. We both will stay here again and hopefully at at time when upgrades have been made. In the meantime we will be looking for a different, quiet, friendly, non-smoking gem. Any suggestions?

Room Tip: Top floors will be quieter.
Green Features: Housekeeping will occur once per week which is great for the environment.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the perfect place to stay while in Las Vegas. It is a home away from home resort. Complete with all the comforts you deserve while traveling. It is one block from the "Strip". Quiet, family oriented. There are no slots here, no loud noises to keep you from your rest.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet.
Green Features: They use energy efficient light bulbs, recycles, saves water by recommending reusing towels.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although there are a lot of positives about the Desert Rose Resort, I can't agree that it deserves the high ratings by many of the previous reviewers.

Positives: great location, friendly staff, lots of parking and GREAT beds. The layout of the units was good with 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen.

Negatives: carpet worn out, poor construction including doors that don't close, really noisy bathroom fans, incredibly loud external gates and noisy hvac system.

Having said that I would stay there again for the positives.

Stayed November 2014

Been to Desert Rose Resort? Share your experiences!