“Desert Rose Resort - One of the best deals in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Desert Rose Resort - One of the best deals in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Las Vegas is a crazy town with so many hotels to choose from. One of the problems is finding a hotel that you can truly RELAX is an yet is close enough to the buzz of the strip. The Desert Rose is that hotel. It is on block off the strip and QUITE! The rooms are LARGE and AMAZING with full size appliances in the rooms so you can relax, fix any meals you like in the room - or not. It is a great value. The staff is great and very accommodating and focused on the customer - completely unlike the strip hotels where your ears are constantly being assaulted and the staff have the attitude YOU should feel privileged to be help by them. It is very family friendly and have accommodations for the very young kids. Great place - you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
San Francisco Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's not often I write a scathing review, but this place deserves it. They try but fail to meet any expectations.

I stayed here for three days (switching rooms once.) The first thing that happened is that I found a lower rate after my initial reservation - they would not honor it.

The second thing that happened is the room was sub-par and my friends vacation points for the second two nights were not refunded. As for things that were wrong: water pressure, door lock was broken, furniture had rips and stains, there was sand in the water coming out of the tub faucet, dishwasher didn't work, phone didn't work. My friend and I spent 6 hours one day waiting on the workmen who came to fix the problems, ever escalating the issues to higher and higher up until they simply changed our room. We were informed by the head of maintenance that we would get credited for two days of the stay - we weren't.

The third thing that happened is that the Vacation Club was rented out to a large group of 'international students.' There were yelling kids, swearing, screaming, name calling, running up and down the halls, slamming doors. Where were the chaperones?

The forth thing was that the property was under major construction. No mention of this when booking or upon arrival, just that walkways were closed, entrences were blocked, security gates missing

The final kick in the pants was my having to give my email address upon checking in. Since then I have received no less than 12 emails 5 after unsubscribing more than two weeks ago and even one today.

There are much nicer places to stay for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DRRYieldManager, Manager at Desert Rose Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Elizabeth 247,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not enjoyable, this is not the typical guest experience and I would like to hear more about it if you would like to discuss this further. Our records indicate that you may have stayed during a period of renovation to refresh our suites with new carpet and furniture, I would like to hear more of your feedback on how we can improve our current means of communicating these projects better.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.

Tricia Fears
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed stay overall. 2 couples in 2 BR. Had a view of Hooters and New York,New York. Should renovate kitchen appliances to stainless and dining room area in rooms as table was worn looking and water stains on bedroom table. Should replace the gold 80's stoneware in kitchen with contemporary lighter dishes. Decent breakfast nice to have hot items and Starbucks coffee but could have more variety of breakfast items as we were there for a week. Only went to evening weekday reception once. Had wine and beer but snacks could have made smaller quantity as only one hot item and include more variety.TV remote in bedroom was stuck on menu page. Could not get other channel. Should change TVs in bedrooms to flat screens like the living room. nice to have HBO. Should provide shower hats in bathroom and sewing kits should be available if needed.Nice feather pillow amoungst other choices. Great heated pool and whirlpool open till 11 pm . .Unfortunately helicopters kept flying overhead for sightseeing tours. Exercise room Equipment not all working and not modern.Nice comfy beds. Could have used an extra suitcase stand in room. Nice to have two bedrooms and 2 BR. One has a shower with extra body jets that were not that strong and the other a large bathtub with Kroeler sinks.
Great value and felt like home. Not pretentious.

• Stayed December 2012
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Enjoyed stay overall. 2 couples. Saw view of Hooters and New York, New York. Should renovate kitchen appliances to stainless and dining room area in rooms as table was worn looking and water stains on bedroom table. Should replace the gold 80's stoneware in kitchen with contemporary lighter dishes. Decent breakfast nice to have hot items and Starbucks coffee but could have more variety of breakfast items as we were there for a week. Only went to evening weekday reception once. Had wine and beer but snacks could have made smaller quantity as only one hot item and include more variety.TV remote in bedroom was stuck on menu page. Could not get other channel. Should change TVs in bedrooms to flat screens like the living room. nice to have HBO. Should provide shower hats in bathroom and sewing kits should be available if needed.Nice feather pillow amoungst other choices. Great heated pool and whirlpool open till 11 pm .Unfortunately helicopters kept flying overhead for sightseeing tours. Exercise room Equipment not all working and not modern.Nice comfy beds. Could have used an extra suitcase stand in room. Nice to have two bedrooms and 2 BR. One has a shower with extra body jets that were not that strong and the other a large bathtub with Kroeler sinks.

• Stayed December 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Desert Rose Resort from start to finish. The Front Desk (especially Bronson) greeted me with warm smiles and a friendly attitude at checkin. My room was toasty and warm, I had Christmas music playing, and the lights dimmed when I walked in. And later when I realized I needed a couple of things delivered, the houseman was very nice (sooo sorry I can't remember his name) and the housekeeping staff I passed greeted me whenever I passed by. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

They've all said what I want to say about this very nice hotel. i can never say bad things about Desert Rose as I am so satisfied with my stay there (please see the photos I posted) My brother and sister who were with me also agrees with me.
The best part is...when we left the hotel, and after driving for an hour going back to LA, I realized that I left my diamond ring - an heirloom from my Mom who gave it tome before she died 12 years ago - and maybe accidentally throw it in the garbage can together with the other tissues i used for make-up that morning. I immediately called the hotel front desk and they put me through the security Dept and talked to a certain JOSE STA CRUZ and he promised to call me back whatever the result of his search. I was so worried but then i got a call from JOSE back and he told me that he found it in the garbage bin. I can never say enough words how grateful I am of JOSE STA CRUZ, and I promised myself that i will be staying with DESERT ROSE RESORT whenever i'll be in Las Vegas as I am very confident that aside from their wonderful rooms, and amenities, location from the strip, I have a peace of mind that people who are there to support my needs during my stay are very trustworthy and honorable. JOSE STA CRUZ, I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OF YOUR HONESTY EXCEPT I SALUTE YOU JOSE...YOU've MADE DESERT ROSE RESORT SO VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS THEIR EMPLOYEE IN THE SECURITY DEPARTMENT. You deserve to be there as I'm sure there will still many people who will be staying there who will be glad to have your assistance. May the Management do something for you because You've done your job WELL---VERY VERY COMMENDABLE!!!

Room Tip: any room will surely make you want to stay for more days than what has been originally planned...can...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well this was our 3rd visit to Vegas this year and again we stayed at Desert Rose. We do enjoy staying here the staff our fantastic, any question concern or problem is dealt with quick and properly. There is really no place like it. I noticed that the suites are beginning to be remodelled it is time our furniture had seen better days. The pool is still open and is heated. As it was December the weather was cool enough to allow us to enjoy the strip by walking,in August walking is impossible. We have now recommended Desert Rose to 20 friends all who have stayed and agree it is lovely. Take advantage if your in of the managers reception. Breakfast is just what's needed before venturing out and the buffet style is ideal. The television and wifi systems are being updated, and even the workmen were polite and friendly. This time we had problems with our suite door not locking Mario was a star he kept returning till it was fixed. In the evening we took advantage of the bar be q and the security staff came immediately we asked to light it. If your looking for a lovely suite with a fabulous kitchen balcony n atmosphere then stay here. I always book a strip facing top floor suite building 3 or 4 corner if ones available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Rose Resort? Share your experiences!