“Desert Rose- a small slice if paradise in big Sin City” 4 of 5 stars

Summer Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #39 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada, Kentucky
“Desert Rose- a small slice if paradise in big Sin City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Enjoyed stay overall. 2 couples in 2 BR. Had a view of Hooters and New York,New York. Should renovate kitchen appliances to stainless and dining room area in rooms as table was worn looking and water stains on bedroom table. Should replace the gold 80's stoneware in kitchen with contemporary lighter dishes. Decent breakfast nice to have hot items and Starbucks coffee but could have more variety of breakfast items as we were there for a week. Only went to evening weekday reception once. Had wine and beer but snacks could have made smaller quantity as only one hot item and include more variety.TV remote in bedroom was stuck on menu page. Could not get other channel. Should change TVs in bedrooms to flat screens like the living room. nice to have HBO. Should provide shower hats in bathroom and sewing kits should be available if needed.Nice feather pillow amoungst other choices. Great heated pool and whirlpool open till 11 pm . .Unfortunately helicopters kept flying overhead for sightseeing tours. Exercise room Equipment not all working and not modern.Nice comfy beds. Could have used an extra suitcase stand in room. Nice to have two bedrooms and 2 BR. One has a shower with extra body jets that were not that strong and the other a large bathtub with Kroeler sinks.
Great value and felt like home. Not pretentious.

3,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed stay overall. 2 couples. Saw view of Hooters and New York, New York. Should renovate kitchen appliances to stainless and dining room area in rooms as table was worn looking and water stains on bedroom table. Should replace the gold 80's stoneware in kitchen with contemporary lighter dishes. Decent breakfast nice to have hot items and Starbucks coffee but could have more variety of breakfast items as we were there for a week. Only went to evening weekday reception once. Had wine and beer but snacks could have made smaller quantity as only one hot item and include more variety.TV remote in bedroom was stuck on menu page. Could not get other channel. Should change TVs in bedrooms to flat screens like the living room. nice to have HBO. Should provide shower hats in bathroom and sewing kits should be available if needed.Nice feather pillow amoungst other choices. Great heated pool and whirlpool open till 11 pm .Unfortunately helicopters kept flying overhead for sightseeing tours. Exercise room Equipment not all working and not modern.Nice comfy beds. Could have used an extra suitcase stand in room. Nice to have two bedrooms and 2 BR. One has a shower with extra body jets that were not that strong and the other a large bathtub with Kroeler sinks.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Desert Rose Resort from start to finish. The Front Desk (especially Bronson) greeted me with warm smiles and a friendly attitude at checkin. My room was toasty and warm, I had Christmas music playing, and the lights dimmed when I walked in. And later when I realized I needed a couple of things delivered, the houseman was very nice (sooo sorry I can't remember his name) and the housekeeping staff I passed greeted me whenever I passed by. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

They've all said what I want to say about this very nice hotel. i can never say bad things about Desert Rose as I am so satisfied with my stay there (please see the photos I posted) My brother and sister who were with me also agrees with me.
The best part is...when we left the hotel, and after driving for an hour going back to LA, I realized that I left my diamond ring - an heirloom from my Mom who gave it tome before she died 12 years ago - and maybe accidentally throw it in the garbage can together with the other tissues i used for make-up that morning. I immediately called the hotel front desk and they put me through the security Dept and talked to a certain JOSE STA CRUZ and he promised to call me back whatever the result of his search. I was so worried but then i got a call from JOSE back and he told me that he found it in the garbage bin. I can never say enough words how grateful I am of JOSE STA CRUZ, and I promised myself that i will be staying with DESERT ROSE RESORT whenever i'll be in Las Vegas as I am very confident that aside from their wonderful rooms, and amenities, location from the strip, I have a peace of mind that people who are there to support my needs during my stay are very trustworthy and honorable. JOSE STA CRUZ, I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OF YOUR HONESTY EXCEPT I SALUTE YOU JOSE...YOU've MADE DESERT ROSE RESORT SO VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS THEIR EMPLOYEE IN THE SECURITY DEPARTMENT. You deserve to be there as I'm sure there will still many people who will be staying there who will be glad to have your assistance. May the Management do something for you because You've done your job WELL---VERY VERY COMMENDABLE!!!

Room Tip: any room will surely make you want to stay for more days than what has been originally planned...can...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Well this was our 3rd visit to Vegas this year and again we stayed at Desert Rose. We do enjoy staying here the staff our fantastic, any question concern or problem is dealt with quick and properly. There is really no place like it. I noticed that the suites are beginning to be remodelled it is time our furniture had seen better days. The pool is still open and is heated. As it was December the weather was cool enough to allow us to enjoy the strip by walking,in August walking is impossible. We have now recommended Desert Rose to 20 friends all who have stayed and agree it is lovely. Take advantage if your in of the managers reception. Breakfast is just what's needed before venturing out and the buffet style is ideal. The television and wifi systems are being updated, and even the workmen were polite and friendly. This time we had problems with our suite door not locking Mario was a star he kept returning till it was fixed. In the evening we took advantage of the bar be q and the security staff came immediately we asked to light it. If your looking for a lovely suite with a fabulous kitchen balcony n atmosphere then stay here. I always book a strip facing top floor suite building 3 or 4 corner if ones available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Best part about Desert Rose is that it's a non-casino hotel which was a good break away from all those foul-smelling and maze-like casinos along the Strip.

My mum and I didn't really need such a large suite with spacious living and bedrooms, but they were a welcome bonus. Stayed in a one-bedroom suite and there were two TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

The only complaint I had was that on the last night, this whirring sound started. Was really loud in the room and I had to put on my earplugs to get to sleep. When we had asked someone to check it earlier, the guy said it must be the air-conditioner from below (we were on the third floor). Guess someone just checked it then because there was no such problem the previous three nights.

Another problem I had was that while the place was only a 5-10 mins walk to MGM Grand, I simply hated MGM Grand. Went in a couple of times and could never figured my way around and out. Unfortunately, I often had to go in there to get to the other areas on the Strip and the monorail station. As a result, a seemingly short walk to places like Paris, etc would often take 30-45mins.

Cab to airport cost only $14 incl tips since we were on the side of the Strip closest to the airport. (Strangely it was a lot more expensive when we arrived on the first day - $25)

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We really had a fantastic stay at this resort which consists of four buildings around a central area which has a pool and two jacuzzis. The entrance to the hotel is a very large open area. It really is an oasis of calm in very well tended gardens only a short walk from the MGM casino and therefore not difficult to walk to The Strip. The reception staff were really very friendly from the moment of our arrival to our departure and nothing was too much trouble. They have been trained extremely well and we felt completely at ease from the moment we arrived. We have to say a very special thank you to the concierge Dainette who is absolutely charming, knowledgeable and helpful. She made our stay very special in what was already an excellent resort. She is a great asset to the hotel. We had what is described as a room but really it was an apartment. Good kitchen area, dining table, sitting area bedroom separate toilet and bathroom. We also had a small balcony where you could sit out if you wanted to. The kitchen was extremely well stocked with all utensils and crockery as well as a large fridge. Even tea towels had been provided as well as a sink cloth. It has been really well thought out. There were towels provided for use at the pool as well as additional towels in the bathroom cupboard as well is the towels in the bathroom itself. The bedroom was large. There were two televisions in the room. Our enthusiastic comments could go on for a very long time. We would certainly advise a stay at this resort. We had a marvellous time. If you are looking for somewhere that is very close to all the casinos and amenities but you do not necessarily want to stay in a casino hotel and would like a little quiet then this hotel is perfect. It was also rather nice that you are invited to join all the other guests for a glass of wine and nibbles in the evening each day which is rather good fun. Breakfast is described as being continental but it goes much further. On every day of our stay there were sausages and scrambled egg as well as pastries etc. Breakfast is very popular so you have to be patient sometimes depending on the hour that you go down, but it is well worth it. Parking is very safe and is distributed around the four apartment buildings so taking your luggage from the car to the lift using your security cards is very easy regardless of where you are located in the resort. This hotel comes highly recommended by us and we cannot speak highly enough of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Rose Resort? Share your experiences!