My husband and I stayed at the HGVC the weekend of September 12/13, 2009. We chose this hotel base on other travelers opinions and we wanted to be in a hotel that did not have the noise and foot traffic of a casino hotel. This was a perfect fit for our needs. We booked a suite since it was just a short stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, overlooking the pool. I liked that the Hilton pool was much smaller and quieter than the Flamingo. Although there was no music at our pool, they cranked up the volume so high at the Flamingo pool that there was no problem hearing it. We never had a problem finding lounges at the pool, in fact, each day we were able to get a cabanna, since we prefer the shade.
The pool bar service is friendy and relatively inexpensive. The deli carries almost everything you need for a short stay and the kitchenette in the studio is sufficient for 2 days. If you are staying for a week, I would recommend a 1 BR with a full kitchen so you would have more room and cooking options.
The bathroom was updated, nice jetted tub and a separate toilet/shower room. Bed was comfortable as were the pillows. Hotel staff was vey helpful and friendly. I used the treadmill in the fitness center on Sunday. The fitness center is very clean, it has all the basic things you need/want for your workout while on the road. Towels and water are provided also. There is another small spa inside next to the fitnss center as well as a sauna. There is no charge to use any of these facilities.
There were a few shortcomings; 1) there was no dish washing soap in the kitchen. I don't mind doing my own dishes, but I don't want to spend the money in the deli for a large dish detergent that I won't use but a few drops and is too large to carry-on in my suitcase. 2) is that there was no make-up mirror in the bathroom. 3) As someone else on this site mentioned, the room has a main door and then 2 doors off the small foyer. The main door is very heavy and "loud" when it closes. Fortunately, there was no one in the room next to us, or I'm sure they would have been really irritated at our coming and going. These are minor things, just a bit irritating, but nothing to detract from my recommendation to family/friends or to keep me from returning. If you like being close to the action on the strip but returning to a quiet comfortable place in the evening, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is perfect for the traveler who enjoys being on the Strip and appreciates being able to retreat to the quiet comfort of luxury living. Studios, one and two-bedroom suites allow business and leisure travelers an opportunity to relax while also enjoying the swimming complex, free Internet, fitness center, deli and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations At The Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas Hotel
- Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Flamingo