First things first: people who complain about the noise on TA might not know this, but the hotel offers complimentary ear plugs... Just ask!
Now that that's out of the way: We booked a few rooms here for my 30th Birthday, and we were all pleasantly surprised. Location is prime -- major Strip hotels are right next door, with quick access to bus routes and the monorail all within a 5 minute walk. Guests at the HGVC can self park in the adjacent lot for free, and the back roads help avoid some of the congestion on the main roads.
Having full-size appliances in each room was a huge plus: using the dryer for wet bathing suits and keeping beer cold in the fridge are the obvious favorites, but we found the kitchenette to be perfectly functional for cooking a small meal. There's a Walgreens around the corner, which usually has the cheapest drinks if you want to save some coin.
The Flamingo pools are lively, and they offer domestic beer specials before noon. Be there around 8:30 or 9am if you want a good spot. For a change of pace, the private HGVC pool is smaller, but features its own bar and 'member only' drink specials. It's also open until 10pm, and having access to one of the grills down there is a big plus.
Food at The Flamingo is typical faire, but we went back to the deli at the Hilton more than a few times: The sandwiches, panini's and salads were all fresh and tasty. I'm a sucker for chicken salad, and for under $4, it's not bad when you want something lighter than nachos and quesadillas. They also have free bottled water for members in the deli, so FYI!
Mainly geared toward families and folks staying in Vegas for more than a few days, this resort offers the functionality and comfort of home with a great location on The Strip. I would definitely consider coming back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is perfect for the traveler who enjoys being on the Strip and appreciates being able to retreat to the quiet comfort of luxury living. Studios, one and two-bedroom suites allow business and leisure travelers an opportunity to relax while also enjoying the swimming complex, free Internet, fitness center, deli and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations At The Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas Hotel
- Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Flamingo