“Love this location and club” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Discount Up to 20%
Ranked #49 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Denton, Texas, United States
“Love this location and club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been members of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club for 9 years. We really enjoy and use the program. We are owners on the Las Vegas Strip and it is a wonderful location. That being said we usually stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Flamingo. Reason is location. It is an easy walk accross the street to Caesars, Bellagio. We like the casinos and entertainment arround this location. We spend a lot of time in Harrah's and Flamingo. All tghe places we like best are within walking distance of this location. The recent update to the rooms has been excellent and the service is great. This is just the best in Las Vegas for us!!

Room Tip: Make sure your room faces the pool, courtyard and Flamingo Hotel and Casino.

798 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came back to the time-share in Las Vegas at Flamingo for a vacation. The people who stay
at the Flamingo think it is just a hotel but it isn't a hotel it is a timeshare. We enjoyed having a
one-bedroom instead of having a studio suite. The one-bedrrom has a full kitchen and a living
room as well as jaccuzi tub and a shower in the bathroom. It is really nice and quiet and just behind the Flamingo Hotel.

Room Tip: It depends on what they have bought into when they first bought the timeshare. There are studios, o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our first stay at this location. Our HGVC ownership is on the Big Island of Hawaii, but we love exploring all of the Club locations. The other two Las Vegas HGVC properties are a lot more updated, and we were not fond of the "back alley" walk from the parking garage, but it was nice to be in the midst of the action right next to the Flamingo and just steps from the Strip. Unfortunately, I have to mention that towards the end of our stay we saw bugs (roaches) in, around the dishwasher, and in the bathroom. Ick! That was disappointing, to say the least. We reported this, but no one seemed to be concerned.

As usual, we had a great time all around town. Up north, Jerry's Nugget has that old Las Vegas flavor, as well as a few stops along Boulder Hwy. Check out the 200,000-gallon shark aquarium or "Tank" at the Golden Nugget downtown. Red Rock-- where the locals play, and Eastside Cannery are both worth the drive. The excitement level was incredible on Freemont Street, with all of the street performers, the light show (Wow!), concerts, clubs and zip line. A real treat for the eyes!

Room Tip: I followed the suggestions of other travelers and requested a location away from the construction si...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our proximity to some of most exciting attractions in Las Vegas is certainly a great benefit for anyone who stays at our property. Our owners guests are very loyal to the property because of its location and atmosphere. I am sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by pests. Unfortunately, due to the immediately adjacent Linq construction project, there is sporadic excavation of the of the surrounding area which has caused occasional incidents where pests are found in neighboring buildings. At this point, most of the heavy excavation has been completed and we do not expect the problem to continue. Regardless, we maintain and will continue to maintain a pest control program with a nationally known company that is much more aggressive than industry standards. The quality, cleanliness, and comfort of our property is very important to us. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Jeffrey Chen
Resort Director
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first trip to Vegas since I was a minor and I would have to say that staying here was pretty great. Although it's not located directly on the strip, that walk isn't to bad. It took us approximately less than ten minutes to walk from the hotel and through the flamingo to get where we needed to be.

My boyfriend and I aren't huge party people, so it was nice to stay at a place that was a little more low key than some of the hotels that our other friends were staying at (the aria, luxor, and mandarin). If you're looking for a place that you can just rest and relax after a whole day of partying, gambling, eating, or whatever your poison may be, you should definitely look into staying here.

We stayed in one of the one bedroom suites, which we thought was pretty nice. Apart from it being a little stuffy when we first arrived, it was very clean. In comparison to some of the other hotels that we've stayed at it was great having the extra leg room to move around.

However, in my opinion I thought that the best thing about the room was the washer/dryer and the full kitchen. This was because towards the end of our trip we ended up washing our clothes to try to get out the smoke that had become imbedded in our clothing. Although the appliances were a little noisy, we could live with it. Also by the end of our stay we were starting to get a little tired of eating out for every meal, so we actually did end up using the microwave.

In addition, the staff there were very nice. When we checked in, the process was very quick and they made sure to go over all of the amenities offered at the hotel. The concierge desk was also very helpful in assisting us in booking tickets for our first Vegas show. We had originally wanted to see Cirque de Soleil's O, but found that the only seats available were all the way in the back. Due to this, the concierge (I feel really bad about not remembering his name, but he was great) went over several similar shows with us before we came to the decision the see Le Reve at the Wynn.

Last, the only drawback from staying here were the heavy doors to the suites. Since the entrance to our suite was connected to another suite, we always had to be careful to hold the door while it was closing to prevent it from slamming shut. This wasn't a huge inconvenience, but we really didn't want to disturb the other party that was staying in the other room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you go to Las Vegas, the key to enjoying your stay is to find a great hotel in the center of the Las Vegas Strip area, and that is The Grand Vacations Club at the Flamingo. Across the street from Ceasers Palace, the Bellagio, and adjacent to Bally's and Paris, this hotel puts you in the center of all of the action in Las Vegas. The staff is very accomodating, the concierge is totally knowledgable and helpful, and the on-site grocery store makes the all-suites design more effective and utile.

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful, quiet, and provide for a luxurious stay.
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will start by saying that we live in Las Vegas and I have all of my life. My wife and I own at the HGV in Kona. My wife had a friend coming to town and they decided that they would stay on the Strip for three nights and use some of our points. Prior to my wife’s friend arriving we went to go check them in. We arrived at 3:15 (45 minutes before "check-in"). We were told that no rooms were ready and that we should come back in 45 minutes at "check-in time". There was no offer to hold her bags or an offer to maybe go to a lounge and wait, so if we were from out of town, we would have just been out of luck, so we went back to our house in Henderson. My wife returned later in the evening while waiting for her friend to arrive by car, but because the Flamingo HGV is so difficult to find and there is virtually no signage, she ended up at the HGV at Planet Hollywood (Alara) with her bags in their lobby. My wife who was waiting at the Flamingo HGV asked if someone could call over there and give her directions to the Flamingo HGV, because my wife was unfamiliar with the Alara property, but no one would help and everyone remained unhelpful throughout this confusing time. Finally my wife pulled her car out of the valet, and eventually found her way to the Alara property, where they left the other car and returned to the Flamingo HGV. I received all of this news the next morning, and I proceeded to phone the hotel to speak to a manager. I was told that, Jabron was the manager but that he didn't come in until 9 a.m. and I was not even offered to be put into a voicemail, or asked if they might be able to help in some way. The room smelled musty in the living area, the water in the shower comes through a large space between the door and the wall where you can see that they have had issues in the past and the wall has obviously been patched. The room above theirs seemed to have tile in the room above their bedroom, and of course at night it sounded like they were moving furniture and creating a lot of noise. There is a severe lack of signage in the halls to specify what elevator "lobbies" go to what towers as well. The whole experience was so upsetting to both of the ladies that they left the hotel a night early and came out to our house to stay. I returned the morning of our check out because if they would have left the night before, they would have been charged a $75.00 early check out fee. When I checked out, I was just being handed the receipt which included valet parking for the night that my wife wasn't even there, and I was about to walk away when I was finally asked, "did you have a good stay?" I said, "no we didn't." The woman at reception didn't even blink an eye. I said, "I have tried to speak to the manager Jabron twice, but have had no luck." I handed her the comment card and she said, "I will give this to Jabron". No one seems to care about customer service around there, but I am sure that they trip over themselves trying to get people to take tours of HGV properties. HUGE FAIL at this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for contacting us. I am very sorry to learn of your experience at our property. I assure you that the shortfalls you experienced are isolated. Our Guest Service Manager has been in contact with you and I am very hopeful that he will be able to provide a satisfactory resolution and response to the challenges you experienced. Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Jeffrey Chen
Resort Director
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

newley update rooms are clean and comfortable. The full kitchen that is well stocked and gives you options. This is true that you are not on the strip but just behind the flamingo which makes it nice and quiet and this hotel is non gaming so you can relax or a chort walk to the strip monrail is steps away a really plus. On the down side construction on the Quad Hotel is a minor distraction but did not noticed any noise.

Room Tip: Stay off the gtound floor if you want quiet. Higher floors in the main building offer great views of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo? Share your experiences!