We took our daughter with us this trip and stayed at the HGVC Flamingo for a 3 night stay in a 1 bedroom suite. We love the location - very central to the strip, yet the hotel is quiet, smoke-free and a nice break from the noise of the hotels on the strip. For the last 3 visits to Vegas, my wife and I always stay here. We are HGVC owners, though not owners at this property.
We've noticed this trip, though, that even though there have been updates to the rooms, things are looking tired. Long, dark scuff marks on the pocket door to the lavatory. The tub that looks as though it hasn't been cleaned due to the scuffs and scratches. A sink whose stopper doesn't work (which was fixed after we called the front desk, mind you). The wi-fi was very poor, we noticed - constantly dropping connection or poor speed when it was up. And the worst of all was the pull-out couch that took more effort then should be necessary to pull out and get ready. Very frustrating. Also, a lot of construction noise, even at 5:30 AM on a Saturday - though this should die when the Linq project is complete (which will be a while).
That said, the pool and hot tub were open and a welcome treat. The towels in the room were among the most plush and comfy as I've ever seen in a hotel room. Most of all, we've found the staff at the Flamingo HGVC property to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. As I mentioned above, once Linq is complete, this property will be beautifully situated.
So to sum up - the people were great, location was great. Facilities of the hotel were really good. The room - getting old and tired, even though you can tell they are putting in the time and effort to spruce things up. With Elara coming up soon, I know we'll try and get in there next time we're in Vegas. We may also try the other HGVC property down the strip, down past Wynn. Location is not as ideal, but the rooms there seem so much more fresh and vibrant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is perfect for the traveler who enjoys being on the Strip and appreciates being able to retreat to the quiet comfort of luxury living. Studios, one and two-bedroom suites allow business and leisure travelers an opportunity to relax while also enjoying the swimming complex, free Internet, fitness center, deli and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations At The Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Hilton Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas Hotel
- Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Flamingo