“Awesome fun” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 189 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: America's first and only heavy equipment playground where YOU'RE in control. Re-live your sandbox days of being a child but this time it's for real. Huge Caterpillar bulldozers and excavators await you in one of the most memorable experiences you will ever encounter.
Durham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Awesome fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited with a friend for a Mega Dig, which is a session on the excavator and the bulldozer.
Both were amazing fun, and theres a bunch of exercises and the guide talks you through each bit by bit. For the excavator, you get to dig a big hole or trench, pick up huge tyres and build a pyramid and then pick up basketballs and drop them in the tyres. You also got to prop up the entire excavator 45 degrees using the arm. This is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

The bulldozer games had us churning up the ground, and bulldozing a huge pile of dirt. You then drove the bulldozer up it and tried to balance perfectly on the pile. This was awesome fun. Finally you got to push the whole mess you made back into the hole to cover it up.

Because one guide was covering both of us, we had a bit of time to play around on our own too, which was cool. The controls for both machines are fairly easy to pick up, but it can still be tricky to judge the distances and especially the bulldozer can be difficult to judge because you have to make lots of minor adjustments while its moving.

All in all it was a great afternoon out.

As a bit of constructive criticism, the first guy who took us through the briefing talked extremely fast and skipped over the slides at a rate of knots. It wasn't that clear what exercises we would be doing once the briefing ended.
For the bulldozer, we sat in again on someone else's briefing as a reminder, this time with an older semi-retired gentleman (I dont remember his name sadly). But he did a much better job of explaining things step by step, especially the bulldozer exercises we would get to do. He was also our guide for both activities, and was very friendly and talkative.

I'd definitely recommend the mega dig to anyone, even if you dont have a strong interest in construction machinery, you will still have a lot of fun!

Visited July 2013
Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for the nice review! We're so glad you had a great time operating both machines!! It's hard to pick between the two, so a Mega Dig is always a great choice! Thanks you again! :)

Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Initially I was disappointed because I didn't get an Excavator, however, after 5 minutes on the Bulldozer I forgot everything and had a great time. Even my wife who just went there to take pictures had fun. I definitely recommend this place.

Visited June 2013
Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
The bulldozer is a blast!! Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for coming! We are so glad you and your wife has such a grea time!
Redwood City, California
10 attraction reviews
“Total Diggin' This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was nervous, didn't know what to expect! Was greeted upon arrival by Teana who had me take a breathalyzer and fill out the release form. She was very friendly and cordial, made me feel at ease and we talked for awhile. I did a little "shopping", then met with Jay who give a very thorough presentation inside with an overview of the machines, what we would be doing and the expectations, then instruction before escorting me to the bulldozer. A review of the layout of the cab and controls, and it was time to drive - forward and backward through a slalom course - learning how the dozer works and how to control the blade and ripper. Next up, digging a BIG hole then driving up and over the pile you make - YIKES...anticipation was killing me! Jay talked me through it all! YIPPEE!! I did it. Next up was pushing two tires through the slalom (I was lousy at this...), but when it came to filling in my hole I was a pro. Jay was amazing, giving clear / concise assistance, always with a positive attitude that kept me moving forward. I totally enjoyed my time - in the air conditioned cab during one of the hottest days of the year - and now I have a new appreciation of dozer driving. Definitely want to do this again and bring family and friends along. WORTH YOUR TIME!!! And, you receive a certificate worthy of framing acknowledging your completion of your "dig" with option to purchase a photo of you in your bulldozer (which, of course, I DID!)

Visited June 2013
Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
The picture is to prove/gloat to your friends back home! Thanks for such a wonderful review! We are so glad you had an amazing time with us!! Thank you and see you next time! :)
london
6 attraction reviews
“What a blast !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I travel to Vegas a lot on business and I thought that I had just about done everything there was to do in the city of sin, until now ! I booked a session on an Excavator and I had the time of my life ! The staff were great (Thanks Frank !) and I had plenty of hands-on time, I can't recommend it enough ! GO ON ! You know you want to !!

Visited June 2013
Thanks for giving us a try! We are definitely a different experience than your average Las Vegas attraction. Thank you for the nice review and kind words!
Escondido, California
“Great Experience for Father and Son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I purchased this for my husband and 14 year old son as a surprise. They had a great time! My son keeps watching the video I took of them. My husband drove the bulldozer and my son drove the excavator. At first I think my husband wanted to drive the excavator as well, but they were booked that day. When he got off the bulldozer, he had a grin from ear to ear. I am sure we will be back again the next time we visit Vegas. Everyone who works there is very professional and extremely knowledgeable.

Visited June 2013
Emily P, Guest Relations Manager at Dig This, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review! We can't wait to have you back next time!!