“We were robbed of over $$$$.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wayne Newton

Wayne Newton
Stardust, Las Vegas, NV (The Strip)
702-732-6325
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #400 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
Type: Performances
Atlanta, GA
“We were robbed of over $$$$.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Family tradition of going to Vegas for past 6 years. Always see one of the hottest shows during the long weekend. Bought great seats a booth for Mr Vegas/ Wayne Newton.
We all were horrified at his voice and singing . His voice sounds like Katherine Hepburn on a bad day. You could barely understand what he was saying in between songs much less him try to sing over the loud horn section.( Which I am sure is to over shadow his throat issue.)
He blamed it on allergies then Bronchitis or maybe Flu.
I talked with a longtime person from Vegas and told him of our dismay of the show or lack of for entertainement for over $400 worth of tickets. He says native people of the Vegas strip know that Wayne should hang up the singing . His vocal cords are damaged. Don't waste your money. We sure did.

Marengo, IL
“"Wayne, you owe me 100 bucks"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

If I had bought Wayne Newton at Walmart, I would have been able to push him back into the store for a refund.

Unfortunately, once you spring for tickets, you're screwed.

I don't dislike Wayne Newton. I just think he should know when he's not providing a fitting service in return for people's hard earned cash. I feel like I was ripped off.

Seriously folks. You could pick a person out of the audience at random, and I'd bet the face value of my tickets they could perform the songs better than WN.

I swayed between pity and anger the entire show. Pity for a fallen legend, and anger for being duped.

Wayne, you don't want to go out remembered as a fraud.

ontario
“a disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have always wanted to see Wayne Newton.
When I heard that he was doing one more show "before I go", I thought what an opportunity. Then. I heard that he was going to be in Rama on the 13/14 of November.
I was able to get tickets, and one of my friends and I made the 4 hour journey to fulfill a 46 year old dream.

How disappointed I was. He should not be singing anymore. He can no longer sing. People walked out. I stayed to the end of the show, which by the way, was very entertaining. When he played an instrument he was great, but he can no longer sing.
He needs to stop doing this.
It was painful to watch, he really needs to not sing anymore.

Niagara Falls, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Give Wayne a Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Saw Wayne at the Tropicana on November 4, the first half of the show he spends a great deal of time talking, not much singing. What happened to the guy that used to be his side kick? The band is great as are his back up singers. Yes Wayne's voice is not what it use to be, but he still puts on a good show, the show was 90 minutes long, yes he does use the term Ladies and Gentlemen at least 100 times throughout the show and tells the same jokes he did 5 years ago. Some of the show is kind of cheesie. I did pay full price for my ticket, but could have obtained it at Tixs for Tonite at a discount, which I would have done had I known, I do not think the show is sold out, during the week so just go to Tixs for Tonite and try and get discounted tickets.

I think some people need to give Wayne a break, he is a true icon, and puts on a much better show than some of the entertainers that are around now.

Henderson, NV
“Go to see Wayne Newton NOT the show!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I just saw him at the Tropicana in Las Vegas on November 7th. His "once more before I go" show. We were right up front and center. We were shocked when he first "sang"! He could barely speak he was so hoarse, almost sounded drunk, and couldn't hit a note to save his life. He had fun clips of his old shows& stories about when he was younger which was fun to see, but it only brought home the fact that he used to be able to really sing! We started to feel sorry for him. He should've gone out on top...now he just comes across as a pathetic, aging legend who hasn't figured out he can't do it anymore. Got the tickets at the 1/2 price place, would've been angry had we paid full price. Glad we saw him before he kicks the bucket, just because he was a legend, not because of the show.

Been to Wayne Newton? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wayne Newton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.