No serious complaints about my recent stay at the Palms. However, for what I was looking for, I would probably prefer to stay somewhere on the strip.
Booked a Travelzoo deal for this property for $49/night. For a 4 star property I thought it was a pretty good rate and worth booking over a lesser ranked property on-strip. Our trip was National Park centered and we used the Palms as our base for visiting Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.
- modern, comfortable rooms
- wide range of services available (dining, entertainment, pools, etc.)
- free parking
- great pool & spa
- free shuttle (didn't run frequently enough though - we ended up taking a cab because we didn't want to wait 30 mins)
- for someone not "using" the facilities too much, the resort fee was pretty pricey at $28/night
- no mini fridge unless you want to pay a daily rate (and you can't use the minibar as a fridge either)
- buffet was not great imo
- no bathtub
- did not get requested room type (not that big of a deal for us but may be to others)
- room service was crazy expensive. we couldn't find a menu in our room so we ordered a normal breakfast over the phone. Coffee was $10-15 and the total for 2 standard breakfasts was $65.