“Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Queens
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Palms is the worst hotel I have ever stood in and I have stood in various hotels. The room was nice but the service is terrible. Beyond terrible actually, the people have the nastiest attitude, probably because they work in a hotel. I am truly outraged by the service and I would love nothing more than to see that hotel shut down.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We checked into this hotel on memorial day and checked into our room quickly, we did however have to ask about our free breakfast that was apart of our rate. We stayed in an ivory suite on the 51st floor. We had a partial view of the strip. Apart of the resort fee included a free shuttle to the "strip". They run every 30 minutes and we waited 25 minutes leaving the hotel and about 15 minutes coming back. I have to say the free shuttle was frustrating, they drop you off at the basement of the Caesars Palace and you still have another 5-10 min walk to the strip, also the shuttle has 11-13 seats and if they all fill up they won't let anyone else stand in the shuttle, so if you are unlucky to get a seat, then you have to wait another 30 min or take a taxi. We ate dinner at the buffet, the food was just average, we also ate the buffet for breakfast and it was better than dinner, but doesn't compare to other breakfast buffets we had on our same trip. The casino and lobby had a heavy cigarette smoke smell, luckily our room did not. I understand all the casinos are smoker friendly, but the Palms was the worst we went into. The ivory suite was great, clean and very large. We never heard any street noise or anyone in the hallway. At checkout we were charged for a few things, including our free breakfast, that we did not purchase, they removed these charges from our bill, but it was frustrating that I constantly had to remind them what was included in our booking. Lastly, the sports betting area was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ivory Suites are large and on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed at The Palms last year for Labor Day weekend. Let me start off by saying OMG !!! This hotel is awesome & perfect if you want to live it up , and stay away from the heavy traffic and flow of people on the strip. I checked in and I was upgraded from a Standard Superior room to a more sleek ,upscale Premier Room with a view of the pool . All the staff were pleasantly nice. There were people everywhere the pool party was mad crazy Kendrick Lamar performed along with L L Cool J . The casino was always full of gamblers. They have restaurants in the hotel Mc Donald's , this Mexican food joint called Chronic Tacos are to die for. I believe there's a frozen yogurt place as well ,and a few other eateries I can't think of off top of my head. I even got a chance to visit the Ghost Bar which was decent . Full of clubbers and Pop Music . If you are looking for a modern upscale stay this is ideal. In all I enjoyed my stay . I'm going to visit Vegas again this summer I liked the Palms so much I may try Palms Place on my next visit .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a beautiful hotel with lots of options this is it. Many room choices from basic to luxury. Even basic rooms are beautiful. Our room had an amazing view of the strip. Lots of food options, plenty of entertainment. Free 10 min shuttle ride to the strip. Didn't think we would like staying off the strip but it turned out to be great. Shuttle only rubs till 8pm but it's only a short taxi ride from the strip. Beautiful pool. Would highly recommend the palms.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and comprehensive hotel. Had very limited waiting time @ check in, although hotel was fully booked. They booked me on 7th floor in fantasy tower, though after 2 nights battling the noisy airco on the roof i asked to move up a bit. No issue at all and was hosted on 34th floor. Excellent dinner buffet, pool is crazy and although expensive drinks and food, similar to other casino's. Security at the pool is a bit of a hassle though it makes sure we are all safe and comfortable. Ditch fridays is awesome, if you like to party. Casino has a bit of everything, but real gamblers (especially if you like bonus games) will move on to the strip or freemont for more games. Hospitality is great, always felt very welcomed. Players card has good comps if you play slots (eg free dinner), though i mostly played tablegames and didn't really get something in return other than a free pack of cigarettes. That was poor. Rooms are nice, but my second room showed how they camouflaged the older rooms, not really renovated. Bathroom is great as are the beds/pillows. But hey, in vegas, you just need a room for sleep and shower, right? Overall, fine hotel. Oh yeah, they closed the moon club and fired the whole senior management there. Pitty as it was an awesome club with great views. But it shows that this hotel had some serious issues lately...

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great rooms, Fantasy tower. GREAT POOL, great drinks. Spent time there and staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, spa tub was wonderful, great great great. Pool service was a little long in coming but once there very attentive. Make sure you get your palms club card for the additional discount at the buffet

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
South Gate, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

YES ! I always enjoy my stay at the Palms , I have the greatest hostess and i love to play poker at the Palms , The room was fabulous i love an end room my view was great , when i do my Yelp on my stay it will be a 5 star .

Room Tip: All the rooms are A number 1 .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Palms Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!