“Vegas in my Palms!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“Vegas in my Palms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I love The Palms! Wide range of people! They have a 24 hour Earls Sandwhich joint in their food court so after partying you want to get something to replenish your body full of alcohol! It smells amazing as you enter! I hate going to places that smell cheap and with a lot of cigarettes. This place is nicely ventilated. Did I mention they have a movie theatre? I love this place so much! Everyone needs to book a room at the Palms when visiting Vegas!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We loved that the hotel was off the strip but still close enough. The casino is not smokey and the rooms were beautiful with big bathrooms and jacuzzi tub. We had a friend come over and liked our room so much they have booked it for one of their upcoming stays. This hotel is a great value and we love that this hotel has a movie theatre within the property. We find the selection of dining choices great for all palettes. Also, it was awesome that we could bring our booking confirmation to the front desk and the hotel was able to check us in for our flight and print out our boarding passes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay if you want the casino atomosphere but not the insanely crazy whirlwind you'll experience at a hotel right on the strip. We stayed in the Ivory suite on the 52nd floor with a great view and it was very quiet, large and the having a second bathroom was great. The casino has a good mix of table games and slots. Plenty pf places to eat and you can't beat having a movie theater right there. Unfortunately we were there just before the pool opened but we plan to head back soon and stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were upgraded to a suite, which was awesome. The new suites are incredible and the views are spectacular. The amenities in the rooms were a perfect get away for any length of stay. I would highly recommend this experience for anyone.

Room Tip: Try a Suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anaheim Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I usually stay at the Venetian but opted for the Palms because the room rate was under a hundred bucks. Overall, I was very satisfied. The staff was very welcoming. When I told the clerk that it was my first stay at the Palms, I was upgraded to a spotless, well appointed and newly remodeled room on the 53rd floor in the Ivory Tower. The room had a great view of the strip. I like the layout of the hotel. The casino was spacious but not imposing. There is nice variety of restaurant choices including a food court with some reasonably priced fast food as well as a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

The hotel is geared for a younger crowd. This is apparent in the motif of the rooms and by the clientele. If you are young at heart, you will fit right in, but if you're put off by groups of well dressed but boisterous generation Y types, you may consider staying elsewhere.

A couple of negative points. There was no "roped off" check in line at the front desk. Fortunately, most of the arriving guests knew to form an impromptu line. However, you know that there are always those who cut the line.

There is a cardio work out area, but i could not find if there was weight room and the spa desk was deserted at 8:00 am on a Tuesday. All in all, I will consider this property on my next Las Vegas trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ivory tower
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was at the Palms in Late October early November [October 31st-November 3rd] for a conference [which was at the Cosmopolitan]. The conference was four days long, so I didnt spend much time at the actual hotel. Nice big lobby, good service upon check-in, casino seemed kind of small- as per Vegas standards.

Lots of fast food restaurants in the main part of the hotel. Room was very clean up on the 26th floor. Good shuttle service to and from the strip, although the driver was rude, even though I tipped each day I took it.

Ghost Bar and the clubs in the hotel seems very very popular, although I can't really argue or say anything good since I didn't check them out. Drinks are really expensive here, as they are at all the hotels in Vegas.

My advice for anyone who wants to experience Vegas and be able to just walk to everything is get a hotel on the Strip. The shuttle drops you off at the Forums at Ceasars Palace but it is still a good 15-20 minute walk around/through the hotel to get there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We received a wonderful surprise without even asking at checkin and got upgraded to a corner suite. It had the most spectacular views of the strip and very romantic. My boyfriend and I came for his nieces birthday. He NEVER wants to come and it's like pulling teeth. He just never liked the whole Vegas Vibe. This experience has completely changed his mind about Vegas. It felt more like resort vacation than a crazy Vegas trip. The food at Simons was excellent and we ate there every day. The pool at at Palms place was cozy and beautiful and steps from Simon restaurant. No need to go anywhere else. Truly a great experience. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Palms Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!