“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Riverside, California
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Loved it! Great rooms, awesome restaurants, fun entertainment, and the gambling is good too. Newly modeled sports book is beautiful with tons of HD TV's. Went to a concert to see Alice Cooper at The Pearl and it was so much fun. Also went to The Lounge and Ghost Bar and had a great time. I love that once you are there you really don't have to go anywhere else. Gambling, entertainment, restaurants, movies, and the spa and gym all right there. Why go anywhere else?!? And my casino host Steve Roy is the best in town! Ask for him when you go...he is very helpful and will help you with all you questions and needs.

Room Tip: Fantasy tower is the newest and the rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Yes, perfect room value, love the location. The Palms room beds were perfect after a night on the town in Las Vegas. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the customer service from begining to end was five stars. It was my Husband 1st visit to Las Vegas I am so greatful that it was with you. We wanted a weekend getaway for us to just relax from the holiday rush. The resort's food, 55th floor club, casino, parking accomodations, gym and every where we went in the Palms was top notch.

Thank you for a job well done! Mr. And Mrs. Ayi - Dallas Texas

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor with a view of the bright lights "perfect"!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California

Everything was top notch
Friendly and helpfull staff
rooms are nice
The burger basket at the 24/7 cafe is amazing for a late nite meal
casino has good ambiance
waitresses are friendly and kept the drinks flowing

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tecumseh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

It's Vegas so I understand that things are a little different, but when you reserve a room 10 months in advance you should expect the room that you booked. Two couples booked, independently King High rooms in January for October. Upon arrival, which was admittedly early, the rooms were not ready. We were told about one hour. Four hours later they were still not ready. One more hour and we were given rooms that were less than would be acceptable at your local budget based hotel. Got in the room and called down to the front desk to advise that the message light was on. Got put through to voice mail only to listen to some guy tell his parents how he was going to pick them up at the airport. The message was delivered six (6) days earlier. That means that the dirty, shabby room that we given after over 5 hours of waiting was actually ready 6 days ago. Why did we have to wait. And, it was 2 queens, not a king and certainly not a high room. Met with a manager the next morning who promised to make the proper arrangements. Got two phone calls later that morning to advise that the rooms were ready only to find out that the rooms were not ready. Waited an hour and finally got one room and waited one more hour for the other room.

Got an email from the guest relations manager about 3 weeks later apologizing and offering one complimentary evening. I am not inclined to take them up on it. To be fair, I don't frequent Vegas, so there was no compelling need to accept

Stayed October 2012
Somers,Wi.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Arrived early to check in. My room wasn't ready yet, which is understandable. Was offered an upgraded room in the Palms Place for an extra $33 a night. I agreed to this for the 1st night and was told if I wanted to move to my original room the next day, that won't be a problem! I was booked for 3 nights. Sure enough the next day came, went to the front desk to change rooms and was treated like some kind of a misfit! Was told the hotel is all booked! What about the room I was originally booked for (2 months prior)? I feel like I was suckered on paying for something I didn't even want! If that's the only room available for me, don't make me pay the upgrade fee! Not only is the Palms Place a block away from the casino and restaurants, the whole building is smoke-free and when you're 21 floors up and you want a smoke, that's a long haul to go outside! I didn't sign up for that and nobody gave a crap!
I will say, I thought overall the hotel was kept up really nice, my room was too fancy (not what I wanted) some of the staff was really good and some weren't. I was at the hotel mainly for a concert, The Pearl was Awesome and a great place to see a show! The food court at the palms really comes in handy, I believe McD's is open 24 hours. Nathan's only charges $6 bucks a hot dog! The cab ride from the airport was just shy of $30.00...I took a shuttle from the hotel to the airport for $7.00, It had 4 stops once you left the palms, thats the way to go! Ask a bell-hop. They are the friendliest employees at The Palms! I am still undecided if I'll ever stay at The Palms again just because of my unwanted expensive upgrade, we'll see?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Casino Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Somers Guest,

Thank you for making the Palms Casino Resort your accommodation of choice during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was shown to be friendly and helpful. However, we apologize that the upgrade was seemingly mishandled and that the policies of the Palms Place tower were not effectively communicated to you. We hope that you would allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future, and should you choose to return, please feel free to contact me directly at eden.mccallister@palms.com. I would be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can. Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish your family a safe and happy holiday season!

Warm Regards,
Eden McCallister
Guest Relations Manager
Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Rooms were clean, bathroom was big. Got a pool-view, and back of the casino from 22nd floor. Room service was good too. We had a car with us so transp wasn't a problem. Many pubs, clubs so right place if you're looking for nightlife, and pool is good too. DitchFriday was cool... may not be as big as MGM / Wyann / Hard Rock but good enough to have some fun time. People who are staying and visiting this hotel are young and hip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Decided to stay for 4 nights here as they have good payouts and wanted a change from the strip hotels. Could have stayed at most of the Harrahs properties for free but wanted to try the Palms. Got a reduced "casino rate" as I have played there before. Wanted to stay at Palms place but I am a smoker and you cant smoke there, even though they have balconies - which are all locked as I was told they had a couple jumpers so that is that. Reserved a king smoking renovated premiere guestroom (the one with the eyes). Check in was quick enough (10 min) and got up to room and there was 2 doubles. Went back down stairs and was forced to wait in line again to get the room fixed, another 10 minutes. Told them I had a reservation for a king smoking and they replied that they didn't have one and this is the only smoking room that they had available. I later found out they only have like 30 smoking rooms out of 600 or so. It doesn't say this on their website. I was there with my girlfriend and didn't want to have to sleep in different beds (I'm a big guy so I don't fit on a double with someone else). So we ended up sleeping in separate beds the entire time. Not cool. If I reserve a king smoking I should get a king smoking. This was a major issue for me. Room itself was nice enough, but not great. Mini bar but no fridge for your own stuff. Nice view of the south strip from our room. Beds were comfortable. I thought the eye mural on the wall would bother me but you didn't even notice it after the 1st night. TV was a LED with a good picture and decent mix of channels. Bathroom was nice, no shower door so the floor would get a little wet but no big deal. I would say the quality of the room as slightly above average, but nothing special. Overall not impressed. Housekeeping skipped us the 1st day we were there which was a minus also. The valet was pretty quick and free so no complaints there. I play video poker and they have a ton of good pay machines. That being said I hit absolutely nothing the entire time I was there. I know its all random and a bit of luck, but I probably put in 15 hours of play without any bonus hand hit. The host ended up comping 2 days of the stay so that helped a bit, but any other casino with the amount of play I did there would have comped the whole thing. Now that I think about it I should have complained to the host that I didn't get the room I reserved either, too late now... Also be prepared for the "resort fee" which is like $24 a day, and you get free Wifi. The Wifi was awful, worked sometimes, didn't work others. Weak signal, only 1 bar. Ended up using my android tethered to my laptop. Ate at Simon and was disappointed in that also. Best meal was at Sage at Aria which I'll review separately. So bottom line, Palms is nothing special, you don't get what you reserve, I tried it and wont be back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Morristown Guest,

It is regrettable that you felt your stay at the Palms Casino Resort to be anything less than desirable. We apologize for the inconveniences that seemingly colored your stay with us, and though your experience was not reflective of this, we hold our staff to the highest standards of guest service. We take all guest feedback extremely seriously, and your commentary has been communicated to the pertinent departments for consideration and improvement. We sincerely appreciate your time in conveying your concerns as we know that guest feedback is a key to the successful operation of our establishment. Should there be a chance that you are interested in returning to us, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your booking and plans at eden.mccallister@palms.com. We wish your family a safe and happy holiday season!

Best,
Eden McCallister
Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Palms Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!