“Amazing!! Casino is small but everything else is big. Many places to eat and drink, DitchFriday was awesome.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms Casino Hotel

20% Off + Bottle
Ranked #48 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Rooms were clean, bathroom was big. Got a pool-view, and back of the casino from 22nd floor. Room service was good too. We had a car with us so transp wasn't a problem. Many pubs, clubs so right place if you're looking for nightlife, and pool is good too. DitchFriday was cool... may not be as big as MGM / Wyann / Hard Rock but good enough to have some fun time. People who are staying and visiting this hotel are young and hip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

1,665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Decided to stay for 4 nights here as they have good payouts and wanted a change from the strip hotels. Could have stayed at most of the Harrahs properties for free but wanted to try the Palms. Got a reduced "casino rate" as I have played there before. Wanted to stay at Palms place but I am a smoker and you cant smoke there, even though they have balconies - which are all locked as I was told they had a couple jumpers so that is that. Reserved a king smoking renovated premiere guestroom (the one with the eyes). Check in was quick enough (10 min) and got up to room and there was 2 doubles. Went back down stairs and was forced to wait in line again to get the room fixed, another 10 minutes. Told them I had a reservation for a king smoking and they replied that they didn't have one and this is the only smoking room that they had available. I later found out they only have like 30 smoking rooms out of 600 or so. It doesn't say this on their website. I was there with my girlfriend and didn't want to have to sleep in different beds (I'm a big guy so I don't fit on a double with someone else). So we ended up sleeping in separate beds the entire time. Not cool. If I reserve a king smoking I should get a king smoking. This was a major issue for me. Room itself was nice enough, but not great. Mini bar but no fridge for your own stuff. Nice view of the south strip from our room. Beds were comfortable. I thought the eye mural on the wall would bother me but you didn't even notice it after the 1st night. TV was a LED with a good picture and decent mix of channels. Bathroom was nice, no shower door so the floor would get a little wet but no big deal. I would say the quality of the room as slightly above average, but nothing special. Overall not impressed. Housekeeping skipped us the 1st day we were there which was a minus also. The valet was pretty quick and free so no complaints there. I play video poker and they have a ton of good pay machines. That being said I hit absolutely nothing the entire time I was there. I know its all random and a bit of luck, but I probably put in 15 hours of play without any bonus hand hit. The host ended up comping 2 days of the stay so that helped a bit, but any other casino with the amount of play I did there would have comped the whole thing. Now that I think about it I should have complained to the host that I didn't get the room I reserved either, too late now... Also be prepared for the "resort fee" which is like $24 a day, and you get free Wifi. The Wifi was awful, worked sometimes, didn't work others. Weak signal, only 1 bar. Ended up using my android tethered to my laptop. Ate at Simon and was disappointed in that also. Best meal was at Sage at Aria which I'll review separately. So bottom line, Palms is nothing special, you don't get what you reserve, I tried it and wont be back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Casino Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Morristown Guest,

It is regrettable that you felt your stay at the Palms Casino Resort to be anything less than desirable. We apologize for the inconveniences that seemingly colored your stay with us, and though your experience was not reflective of this, we hold our staff to the highest standards of guest service. We take all guest feedback extremely seriously, and your commentary has been communicated to the pertinent departments for consideration and improvement. We sincerely appreciate your time in conveying your concerns as we know that guest feedback is a key to the successful operation of our establishment. Should there be a chance that you are interested in returning to us, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your booking and plans at eden.mccallister@palms.com. We wish your family a safe and happy holiday season!

Best,
Eden McCallister
Guest Relations Manager
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I visited the Palms exactly a year ago for the Thanksgiving holiday. My, what a difference a year makes. Upon check-in I requested a renovated room as was advertised on billboards all over the highway and sidestreets leading into Las Vegas. My previous stay at the Palms was just right, as the room was tasteful, clean and even understated considering the Palms' exciting reputation. Well, a year has gone by and the Maloof group has spent lots of money updating their standard rooms and they have done a fantastic job.

The Room: The beds now feature premium linens and feather comforters with rich purple faux -mink accent throw blankets. There are matching purple roll pillows which must be at least 5 feet in length. It's all for show and they add to the decor. Above the bed is a wall-length art piece which features a womans eyes staring out from a multicolored background. Art is in the eye of the beholder, but this certainly makes a high-end atmospheric statement. The walls are bathed in a luxurious matte gray paint, and on the 4th wall, a 60 inch flat TV is encased in a textured gray wallpaper that mimics the woodgrain in the furniture. Very nice touch.

The Bathroom is now a wide open affair, not as large as some of the other Strip hotels, but it is now much larger than before with a full-length well-lit vanity and a quartz countertop. The shower is open concept with the same slate flooring of the rest of the bathroom. The one drawback to open showers is that the heat goes right out. A sliding door would be so easy and perfect for this shower - but the wide rain-style showerhead does a great job of keeping the occupant warm and clean. If anything is missing it may be an extra towel rack or two, to avoid having to come all the way out of the chilly open-shower just to towel off.

Back to the room, the AV set up is actually cool, since it is possible to connect a computer, tablet or other media device and play content through the large screen TV. Of course the plugs look cool, but are useless without the proper wires. A quick call to the front desk got the Tech team up to the room in minutes, and after looking at my equipment, they brought the proper cables in no time. I wonder if most visitors will be patient enough to ask and wait for the wires. Maybe they should provide these in the room - or do away with the connections - seems the tech is largely going to be disregarded.

The room at the Palms seems to fit the same footprint as before, but the bathroom seems larger. Also, the windows appear to have been enlarged also, as the view was even more magnificent this time around.

The one draw back of the entire experience is the "Resort Fee" Which has crept into all but a few Vegas hotels. I suppose it's OK to have to pony up more for internet access (should be free, but whatever), but it's really unfair to make us pay more for some services which we won't use, then make other services unavailable unless there's yet another fee. For example, I don't club. Therefore, club access is not really a bonus for me, I'd prefer access to the fitness center. The one fitness center included with the Resort Fee is a minimal affair. The premium fitness center costs $15 to enter, but I could not exchange my club access for fit center access. I realize this is being nitpicky, but the hotel is also nickle & dimey when it comes to all these little fees. Bottom line, at checkout they can offer a list of services available for the resort fee and allow the guest to choose. Funny idea in America, eh, choice!

Despite this, the overall experience was quite wonderful and I did get a very special surprise.

SHOWER GEL!! YES!! FINALLY! A hotel of this caliber with upgraded rooms has finally banished tiny soap and brought in shower gel as a part of their toiletry package. While it's a small thing, it's an important thing and the Palms definitely got it right. I suppose I can think to myself that my resort fee actually helped finance the improvement of the facilities including something that I carp about in almost every review.

Last year the Palms was "just right." Now it's even "righter!"

Room Tip: Ask for what you want- definitely try the upgraded rooms on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lompoc, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Everything was about 98% perfect. The view was great you could see all of the northside of Las vegas and at night the view was even better than expected , The beds were all new, well hell, the whole room was new. The maid service and the staff were great.
only had one bad experance upon checking in, the waiting, Palms only had (2) personal working at the check in counter one was checking in customers and the other was on the PHONE....and there were a lot of customers waiting to be checked in.

Room Tip: If your going to stay in Las Vegas, this is the place to stay (Palms Casino Resort) are Suite was...
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at The Palms while in Vegas and the first time was a great experience, but the last time was such a disappointment. The check in was a mess (at 1a). Bad room, didn't get the right room key, etc.

When we were checking out, we were told by Tom (always ask for him--it seems he is the only one who understands the definition of customer experience), they would waive the resort fees and a daily credit for the cafe. We were told to specifically check our bill when checking out because the credits may not be reflected.

When we checked out, the resort fee credits were there, but we were lacking a restaurant credit. I inquired and was told by the front desk that's not what the "notes" said in the system. I explained what Tom had told us---the front desk asked her boss, whom was in the back room and would not come out to handle the situation, but they would give us a credit today, but would have to ask Tom when he returned on Monday and then would charge is if he didn't confirm our story. I am talking $50. For me, it was the principal. We had spent 2K on our suite for three days, plus food.

Finally, after 15 mins of discussion, she gave us the credit. Again, the front desk person was left to handle the situation after she approached her boss twice (behind closed doors).

Stay at the Wynn. I should have gone with my gut and booked our room there instead of The Palms. We have stayed at the Wynn one time before and it was such a great experience. Clearly Steve Wynn understands the definition of customer experience better than the companies the Maloofs sold the hotel to.

Definitely stay at the Wynn.

• Stayed November 2012
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

my husband and I stayed there because of a groupon for 2 nights. when we got there our room was not ready and it was an hour passed checkout time, so they gave us a room in the new tower, which was nice and clean, but nothing special. We never in the two nights we were there got maid service even when I asked the concierge to send housekeeping up. We like to stay on the strip, but like I said we only stayed there because we had a groupon, buy it was only like a mile off the strip, so location wasn't bad. all in all not bad, but I'm not extremely happy about the service.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the palms. The room was great, I love the beds and the pillows. Unlike other hotels you don't hear your neighbors or people in the halls. The bathroom and shower was wonderful accommodated tall people. The staff was always friendly when we called or approached them. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, we ate there every morning. Just wish it was on the strip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Palms Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!