“Under construction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
San Antonio Texas
“Under construction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a visit to the Palms Casino & Resort from Nov. 5 to Nov. 8.
My 70th birthday was on the 8th. The kind lady at check in gave us an upgrade to a suite in the Fantasy Tower.This made the trip for us! The suite had three rooms. A flat screen TV in every room (Bathroom also).
The Palms is having a huge make over in the casino. We had trouble finding slot machines that we liked to play.
I went back to the old V.P machines that are scattered around the casino. June was looking for (Grease). We were told it had been removed.
The floor folks said more machines would be added as construction space was freed up.
Drink service was better than ever. Perhaps because the servers had less floor space to cover.
We plan to go back in Feburary. A full comped invatation was in the mail box when we returned home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

One random day, we decided to travel to Las Vegas and I contacted the Wynn/Encore Hotel Resorts to see availability (The resort where I normally stay). Unfortunately, everything that Saturday was sold out due to the Graphic Convention, except for the $700 rooms. I was fortunate enough to locate a room within the Palms hotel. Long story short, everything was perfect. The staff was extraordinary nice, service was incredible, and the room was just perfect. I was so impressed with this hotel, I will be planning my stays at the Palms, going forward. The new management staff is doing a wonderful job and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

* On the positive side
- Good room similar to a city hotel in the fantasy tower, we had a deluxe room with very large seating area
- The bed, linen and pillow are outstanding, really comfortable
- Bathroom is spacious and clean
- Breakfast offers a really large buffet selection. If you have a chance try the sunday brunch. Make sure you get the casino card it offers 50% off.
- We didn't try any other restaurants, they seems to have a good italian restaurant. There is also a food court around the casino with a mcdonald etc and a large movie theater.
- Ghost bar offers a very nice view of the strip at the 52th floor. You can get in with no cover with your room key before midnight.

* Could be better
- Casino is under renovation and is not super glamourous. Lots of cigaret smoke
- There is a small shuttle to the city only is available from 11am 8pm every 30 mins. It's a small bus so there is often not room for everybody, make sure you arrive before departure.
- Staff at front desk just gave us the keys ... they didn't show case the hotel at all, we had to call the concierge to have info on clubs and restaurants.
- Pool and spa is in another tower and its is a long way to walk there. The main pool was closed for the season.
- A five minutes cab from the strip

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Byron, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The casino here was really nice with plenty of tables and machines. It never felt too crowded with people and I was always able to play what I wanted, when I wanted to. I will say that they actually had so many slot machines here that it almost was too crowded with machines and that they were a little too close to each other. The casino bar was really nice too and a little pricey even for Las Vegas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My experience here was good. The staff from the reception, security, cashiers, bellboys etc were very friendly, kind and did their jobs well. Hotel is neat, clean and orderly. In terms of decoration, it is a bit plain but for the price paid for this hotel, it is very good. I stayed in a superior room, with amazing views over Las Vegas and the mountains behind. Full windows provide unrestricted views. Room decoration is neutral, pleasant. I usually don't take baths in the hotels, just use the shower but here I had to use the bath and it is perfect with enough space and functional jacuzzi. I had a good stay. This is a very well run hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again when I come back to Las Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When they decorated this place, they took a chance and did the retro look, now that it's some years old, instead of retro, it just looks kind of old... however, the Pearl theater was the reason I stayed here, to see Eddie Vedder on his solo tour. Glen Hansard opened and Eddie put on the show of his life. This may have colored my opinion of my stay, but both my sis and I had very comfy beds, we enjoyed the in room dining for breakfast and also liked the door bells the staff ring when they are at the door.

The place itself is a little off the strip, which doesn't bother me, we drove to circus circus to do the roller coaster there, and intended to walk to another few places but got side tracked by a show instead.... after eating at a taco shop on Las Vegas Blvd.. it is in front of a smoke shop, South of Circus Circus and is busy, busy... Food tasted GREAT but i'd advise against eating there without some immodium handy!!! I'd review on that place, but can't recall the name.

Room Tip: We had a room right as you walk in from the elevators. Never heard anyone outside coming up.