“Only with a "special" price” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Casino Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4321 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103   |
Ranked #46 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Only with a "special" price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I got an internet special deal, basically a half price room. My room was ultra clean, very comfortable bed. I needed a place handy to I-15 as I was just driving through, this fit the bill perfectly. Very friendly and helpful young lady at check in, basically everything you want in a hotel stay done the way it should be. OK, it was a business trip but i did try the slots, played for an hour on $20. up and down and up and down, I left with $2. of their money after having a lot of fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night because we found such an awesome promotion for 50% off room rates and 2 free buffets. We booked a superior room, located in the fantasy tower. We checked in at about 2:30pm and our room was ready. Check -in was quick, friendly, and efficient. The customer service person explained the 2 for 1 drink coupons and the resort fee.

We had a room on the 16th floor, overlooking the front of the hotel, Flamingo Rd. The room was very spacious, with a king bed, sofa, desk, TV console, and fully stocked refrigerator. The fridge is stocked with little bottles of liquor, mixers, beer, and snacks. It's computerized, so if you take anything out, it senses it and will charge you. We didn't take anything out, but at check-out, the front desk asked if we had consumed something. Of course, we said no and we didn't get charged, no questions asked.

The bathroom is all tile, with a single sink, jetted tub and shower. The only thing that could be improved is the amount of lighting in the bathroom. It was difficult to put my makeup on with the amount of light from the fixture above the sink. They also have a magnifying makeup mirror. I was bummed to see they've gotten rid of the Aveda toiletry products.. They have some sort of generic brand I've never heard of. The bed is very comfortable with nice pillows. I slept very well and didn't hear any loud noise at any time during our stay. I think the sound proofing is very good, or we didn't have any neighbors the entire time. Either way, we were very happy.

The room has a large LCD TV. We had several issues with the TV soon after we checked in. We'd have the TV on, and all of a sudden, it would black out, but the sound would remain. We left to go outside resort and reported this to the front desk. He said he'd contact maintenance to look at it while we were out. Later in the evening before bed, we were watching TV and the same thing happened. So, I have doubts the TV was looked at. We'll never know.

We ate dinner at NOVE Italiano. It was great with large portions. In the morning, we had our free buffets. They have these saved to your room and at the buffet they just ask to see ID and take care of your free buffets. The buffet was good, with a lot of selection. Some of the food could have been hotter in temperature.

The pool was closed, but it was very windy anyways. They had great drink specials on Sunday's at the bar near the sports book. $2.50 bottle beer and $12 pitchers. We also used our 2 for 1 drink tickets and I had a very tasty martini.

On Sunday, my husband and I each had a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich in the food court. Very good sandwiches. We also shared a brownie sandwich with peanut butter creme in the center. YUM!

We also had some of the best massages at Drift Spa at Palms Place. A 50 minute massage is $125 plus 20% service fee (tip). The facilities are impressive with huge showers, plush bathrobes, a lounge area with snacks and drinks, a steam room and a hammam (a steam room on steroids with a eucalyptus scent). Service was great.

We like the Palms and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The newly renovated rooms are pretty nice, so if you go make sure you book one of those. I stayed in the original rooms a few years back and while decent & clean they were showing some age. The new ones are stylish & modern. The resort as a whole is pretty cool because you can get into all of the clubs and bars with your rooms key as to avoid cover charges. The 9 Steakhouse is great! Did a bit of gambling while there so make sure you use your Palms card when you do because I just got an email for a free 2 night stay!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a newly renovated room.
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I never staeyed at the Palms, but through Groupon, I gave it a try!!! Boy was I happy!! The 2 night trip was great!! The lady at the front desk bumped me up to a $650 a night suite because I was just having a bad day! She was amazing and made my trip fantastic! I loved the pool, the sports book has amazing HD screens and when i didnt want to gamble, I had a choice of 8 movies in their movie theatre thats state of the art with nice sized seats. Room serice was great and the Buffet was amazing. There was nothing not to like!!! I was very impressed and will be going back again and again!!!! Thanks for making a trip memorable!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travelled to NV with a friend for business. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is clean! The rooms are updated with super thin flat screen TVs. The hotel is upscale and you feel that way while you are there. The restaurants in the hotel are great, however they can be pricey.... the buffets are inexpensive though. My only disappointment is that the resort fee includes access to the workout center, however they have 2 gyms and the one you get with the resort fee is a cardio gym only, no weights! If you want to use the gym with weights you have to pay extra.

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Refreshing hotel and casino. The moment you walk in your greeted with a fresh clean smell, you see fresh clean surroundings. The gaming areas are not over crowded and on top of one another, the dealers are friendly and glad to be there.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We talked to the front desk about an upgrade from the studio condo for our anniversary and they gave us a great deal on a one bedroom suite with a view 53 floors up. And it was ready 4 hours early. So no waiting @ the pool :). It was huge with an amazing view of the strip. We went on the off season for Vegas so the big pool was closed but the small one was just as nice. We had the happy hour at Simon and it was perfect. The buffet @ the bistro is pretty average but good for not leaving the casino and if u don't want that they have other 24hr fast food joint which is a blessing at 3am. They also have a theater so when ur on ur last 20$ before ur plane leaves u can see a movie. We had a car so it wasnt to far away for us to get to the strip but they always have a shuttel and cabs and if u don't mind walking its right behind the middle of the strip. The ghost bar is old and needs a revamp but it was also a Tuesday when we went In. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They are really nice and the staff was perfect. We will be staying here again!!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Palms Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!