“Great Course, Great Value, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf the Carolina Sandhills in Las Vegas. 6,800+ Yards of play, par 71, Thousands of Mature Pines, Complimentary Golf Cart with each round. Desert Pines is operated by Eagle Golf. Holes are narrow and water comes into play on many. Desert pines is known as Las Vegas's most strategic course, and only minutes from downtown. Club rental and even shoe rental available.Desert Pines also features the only two tiered climate controlled grass range facility in Las Vegas. The second level has automatic tees which allows for uninterrupted practice on your swing. We also have pros and caddy's available to help you improve your game.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great Course, Great Value, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I try to visit Las Vegas at least once or twice a year, but I don't often play golf when there. Just back from a quick visit which included a round of golf at Desert Pines with a good friend. I wasn't familiar with the course or Walter's Golf until the Mirage Hotel suggested we call. I spoke to Mike in Customer Service when I booked the tee time. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the course and offered several tee times which fit our schedule and budget.

The course was in great shape and the pace of play was perfect. I know April can be a busy time for Las Vegas golf, but we never felt pushed or had to wait for the group in front to play. The location is also a bonus given the distance from the Strip.

All and all, a very pleasant round of golf and we look forward to playing the course, along with Royal Links, next time we are back in Vegas.

Visited April 2013
WaltersGolfMGT, Public Relations Manager at Desert Pines Golf Club, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi S N!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at our course and we can't wait to have you out at Royal Links!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Decent Course, Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I played Desert Pines Golf Course on Thursday, March 28, 2013. The course itself was in good shape and has a decent layout. My problem lies in the course’s customer service. After playing at Desert Pines and returning home from Vegas, I noticed that my credit card had an additional $198 charge on it from the golf course. I contacted the course and they informed me that because I had a reservation for eight and only six showed up, they had charged me. I was shocked by this because, while at the course, no one once mentioned that I would be charged for two golfers that didn’t play! I spoke to the golf pro and requested a refund, but was told that her hands were tied and my request for a refund was denied.

When I booked the reservation online I was provided with the cancellation policy. I talked with a course rep a month ahead of time, told him I didn’t know how many players we’d have exactly, and he said don’t worry about it. While I understood that if our foursomes no showed we would have to pay, I had no idea that if one or two guys from our two foursomes didn’t show that we would be charged for those spots. I understand that if we had taken someone else’s spot on the course by overbooking we should be charged for the no show, but the course was nowhere close to full on this Thursday. We were told at the beginning of our round that there were 3 openings in the course immediately following us! There is no chance the course would have found two singles or a twosome to join with us. Additionally, after greens fees, pro shop purchases, and drink cart expenses our group spent upwards of $1,000.00 at Desert Pines. Was an additional $198 that big a deal?

The course did give me a credit to use the additional $198 on a round of golf at a future date at one of Walters Golf’s three courses. I don’t want to sound entirely ungrateful because we did have a good round of golf, but given the experience I’ve had with their customer service, I will be hard pressed to use that credit and give Desert Pines or their parent company Walters Golf more money in the future. On my future trips to Vegas I will likely play at Pauite, Badlands, or Boulder Creek.

Eagle, CO
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful course!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My teenage son LOVES to golf (and is good at it!). He really wanted to play this course because he had seen it featured on a golf show he watches. It was not cheap, but we got a significant discount by booking through our hotel golf specialist. The course was pristine and they treated both of us like VIP. I drove the cart for him and payed a minimal fee to do so, but it was worth every penny! A few holes in, I took my shoes off so I could walk on the lush grass. (Not sure they would approve of that, but coming from a cold, snowy area, I couldn't help myself!!)

Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“GOLF TRIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Played on March 15th with 16 guys tees, fairways, and greens are in great shape Great staff, Great food, This golf course will stay at the top of are list for years to come
You will have a great time at desert pines!!!

Illinois
“Great Course Near Strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Played Desert Pines on March 9th. The course was well worth the $119 we paid. The staff was friendly and the course was in great shape. It's a challenging course with narrow fairways and fast undgulating greens that roll true. Greens are much nicer here than Bali Hai.