“Cocktails and Cupcakes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harmon
Transit: The Deuce stops at virtually every hotel and casino along the Las Vegas Strip. Stops, which are located about every quarter mile in each direction, are marked with signs or by bus shelters.
Description: Enjoy the artwork of Executive Chef Shawn Armstrong and Pastry Chef Gianni Santin, while relaxing in the serenity of Mandarin Oriental, 23 floors up from the Las Vegas Strip. Inspired by the tranquil and ritualistic traditions of the Orient, interior designer Adam D. Tihany created the perfect paradise. The Tea Lounge features a variety of teas and light fare with stunning views of the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea daily from 2:30 to 5 p.m. featuring a delightful menu of exclusive teas, signature tea cocktails, pastries, scones and sandwiches. The intimate space offers majestic views of the city's skyline.
Northwood, United Kingdom
“Cocktails and Cupcakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived right at the very end of the afternoon tea session and ordered a couple of cocktails and a cupcake. The afternoon tea was being cleared up all around us and looked yummy. The waitress was very friendly and I felt they would do anything for us - we moved to a table by the window and admired the view as our drinks arrived. They were both yummy and not too expensive. My friend had a cupcake and she said it was delicious - well it was polished off very quickly!!

All in all a nice, quiet atmosphere away from the madness of the strip but with a great view and great customer service. I will be back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sahuarita, Arizona
“Average cupcakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great flavors, but a bit dry. Maybe we just got there too late. The boston dream was the best one we had

Visited August 2013
texas
“Not my idea of a tea room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm a British native and haven't been back since 2001 so any chance I get to go to a tea room I go. I saw this on trip advisor and told my husband even though its not your thing I really want to go. We made a reservation on opentable for 4 o'clock. It's located on the 23rd floor of the Mandarin Oriental. When we got off the elevator we walked into a lobby where you check into the hotel. The Tea Lounge is located in the lobby so it's not intimate like I thought it would be. The floor to ceiling windows were a good touch but the lounge is really small and uncomfortably quiet. I felt like everyone could hear our conversation. We were greeted and sat at a section not by the window but a table came open by the window and we quickly switched over. I don't think I would have liked the experience if we weren't sat by the window. The afternoon tea is $36 each and they automatically add gratuity to every check so for two people it ended up ending $100 (absolutely ridiculous). You get your choice of tea (the tea list is extensive) and I wanted a typical strong black tea but the closest they had wasn't strong enough even after it sat in the pot a while. My husband got a latte. You get three plates. One of sandwiches, one of scones, and one of desserts.
Sandwiches: two each egg salad, ham, curry chicken salad, and salmon something. They were good not great. The bread on the ham sandwich was stale.
Scones: you get four small scones which is good bc they are easier to eat than the traditional size but they weren't crumbly like the ones I'm used to eating. Almost too biscuit like. The clotted cream was good as was the strawberry and pineapple preserves.
Desserts: way too fancy and not traditional high tea desserts. I really thought they would have at least one petitefore (sp).
In all I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't go back especially for the price. I believe they missed the mark on this one.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kearney, Nebraska
“a calm and relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My reservation wasn't until 2 for the afternoon tea but I arrived early and the hostess was very pleasant and happily sat me at my reserved table. She initially said that I wouldn't be able to be served the sandwiches, etc. until 2 but after checking the kitchen she said they'd be able to serve me right away. I am not an avid tea drinker so I asked for her suggestion - she gave her recommendation and I decided to go ahead with it. The tea was wonderful and very calming. The sandwiches, scones, and pastries were delicious! I savoured every bite and took my time enjoying the food and the view from my seat in front of the window. I never once felt rushed by the staff and they were very attentive to me. The autmosphere is low-key luxurious and it is a nice quiet place to relax and get away from the craziness of the Strip.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Chance to catch your breath”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything everyone has previously said about tea service at the Tea Lounge is true - it is an oasis of quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the Strip. I had a reservation and was seated immediately. The tea I ordered (Jasmine Pearl white tea) was delicious, and though I was not seated next to the window I was still able to enjoy the view. The scones were some of the best I've had (and I've been to the U.K.), and the clotted cream they are served with was delicious. The sandwiches were good, but I was not a huge fan of the pastries. My waitress was very attentive without making me feel rushed to finish. Some people have commented on the price, and while it does seem steep in terms of quantity of food, it (in my opinion) more than makes up for it with the quiet, subdued ambiance and view. No loud music playing or bright blinking slot machines in sight :)

• Visited January 2013