“Hoover Dam Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Warrington, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Hoover Dam Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked a hoover dam trip through viator with Comedy on Deck day tours. Joanie was our tour guide. The trip was brilliant, Joanie kept us all entertained on the way there and back with her stand-up routine, but was outstanding on the information she knew about the hoover dam once we arrived there. She was informative and interesting about the dam, and was able to answer all of our questions. The tour inside the dam was amazing, with the machinery and the history of the project. Interestingly we went for lunch in a little diner in Boulder City, which was very quaint (drinks served in what looked like jam jars to us)!! I would recommend this tour to anyone wishing to see the hoover dam.

Visited July 2012
Tom S, Owner at Comedy on Deck Day Tours, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We try hard not to have cookie cutter tours but to make every tour a great tour. I will definitely pass this review on to your tour guide. If you get a chance please "LIKE" us on Facebook.

We hope to serve you again someday.

Stow, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“"Grand" Canyon tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I went on the July 2nd west rim Grand Canyon tour. What a great tour it was. My girlfriend and I had purchased the $79 Groupon for this tour and was well worth it. Our tour guides were Jody and Robert and they were fantastic. Knowledgable, fun, and no bs.

Although my review for this tour is excellent I did have a couple of minor criticisms. Our pick up was at Excaliber and was scheduled 6:30 am and we were not picked up until 6:50. Another heads up is to make sure you have the groupon information ready when you get there. We had to have our phones to look up the information needed. We had all the confirmation papers, but what they needed was a UPC code and voucher number from the Groupon website, so make sure you have that.

The bus that picked us up looked older on the outside but was still nice on the inside. The reason this company uses older buses is a great one. There is a 9mile unpaved rode to get to the west rim and most companies have to stop somewhere and switch to off road friendly buses. Because we were on an older bus already we didn't have to stop which got us to the west rim before the major tour groups and therefore we didn't have to wait in any long lines. Although we were picked up slightly late we still had the time promised to tour the grand canyon and got back on time. Jody was very to the point and made sure we were on schedule. Jody was also very funny and made the drive go by quickly.

I would highly recommend this tour.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. As a small company they are very important to us. I will pass this review on to Robert and Jody to acknowledge the great job they did. We try very hard to make our tour special and safe.

Hope to serve you again someday on one of our other tours.
Vancouver
22 attraction reviews
“South Rim and Hoover Dam tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had Jodi as my tour guide.Used the Groupon deal for this but still paid around $200 for two people for this tour. I was picked up 15 min after the allotted time at Ballys. The food at the breakfast place was amazing, I had the Grand Canyon Burrito and I was full for the rest of the day. The tour was overbooked so they had a smaller bus for people who didn't upgrade to the food option tour, which I thankfully opted out of as that bus's air conditioner broke down which resulted in us switching buses on our way back to the Strip. Jodi was funny and informative, but I heard the same information from the drivers at the Canyon, so nothing really original. The buses were very old and the second bus we were on had this stale smell, the air con wasn't working well and there was no microphone for Jodi. The food at the Canyon was alright, the bbq pork was just drowned in sauce...but the view made up for it.

Visited June 2012
Satellite Beach, Florida
23 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the dam.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

In a lot of tours that visit the dam there are many people and you have to strain to hear any information over everyone else. But on this tour, there were only 8 people on our bus and our guide was so informative about the dam. The chocolate factory we stopped at on the way back was also very delicious!

Visited June 2012
22 attraction reviews
“Vegas to grand canyon the fast and easy way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Went on the grand canyon tour today. Picked up at 6. Ate a wonderful breakfast to grand canyon a little after 10 sky walk, tour, lunch and back on the road. Quick stop at Hoover dam and back to hotel at 4 30. Jodi was awesome highly recommended!