“Great Japanese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Great Japanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Only a small establishment. There are around 12 items on the menu. I had the Chasu (Roasted Pork) very succulent. Great Japanese in Vegas.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
springfield, IL
“Awesome food!!! Great Price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved eating here, such a cool local hot spot! Make sure you order the pot stickers, you can't go wrong with any of the ramen choices.

Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“SO tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited there with my partner. We don't have a ramen joint in where we live, so I was so excited to eat at Monta!!! I found this place after searching for tasty ramen places based on what other Japanese people commented on (not on Tripadvisor). The service was really good and the food was tasty.

I don't have a big appetite, but I could finish the whole bowl... so I think the portion might be a bit smaller for other people.

Visited September 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“mmm...mmm...Monta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived about 1230pm on a weekday. Had to wait about 15 mins for a spot to open up. Restaurant was busy with lunch diners. Dad and I tried the Tonkotsu Ramen. Was delicious. We should have ordered extra pork! We didn't have the dumplings...but did they look good! Wish we would have gotten back there to try the Shoyu Ramen...but there was a long wait again on the last day of our trip....so we opted to go to the Noodle Exchange at the Gold Coast. We will be back...as the soup was outstanding.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fox Lake, Illinois
“Brings back memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spent the first 12 years of my life on the island of Honshu in Japan. What I remember is the last 2 years exploring the streets of Yokohama. Taking my slot cars to the immense tracks that were the rage back then. Playing war with my Japanese friends( European theater, of course) and eating in little mom and pop eateries each serving just one or two items. Ramen, udon, unagi, anpan. This is what Monta Noodle House reminds me of.
I had the shoyu ramen(ramen noodles topped with a couple of slices of roast pork in a light broth) with 2 added extras of a seasoned boiled egg(nitamago) and nori. about 9 bucks. The pork melted in my mouth with a thin ring of delicious fat surrounding each piece. The noodles were perfectly done, about al dente. I also had a order of shrimp gyoza, served with dipping sauce. excellent shrimp flavor for 5 bucks for 6 pieces.
The place is small (about 2 dozen seats) but the turn over is quick. No thoughtful reminiscing when they are busy. Management doesn't say it but the look on the next wave of the hungry tells you to eat your fill and exit.

• Visited July 2013