“Expensive but worth it for excellent taste!!” 4 of 5 stars

702-386-8364
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 3,751 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The 75,000 gallon aquarium is the centerpiece at the sleek Las Vegas Chart House, located in the Golden Nugget's brand new Rush Tower. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Vegas, this is it - located on famous Fremont Street in downtown. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our Slow Roasted Prime Rib, or indulge in one of our all new items such as Lobster Francese, Stuffed Flounder or New Wave Surf & Turf. We offer an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake & Chart House Souffle.
Royalton, Minnesota
“Expensive but worth it for excellent taste!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here with a group while it was a bit spendy everything tasted wonderful I had the king crab legs I could have eaten some more,they were so good you didn't even need the butter that came with them. Two people in the party had a seafood sampler it came with a lot of food. They enjoyed everything but a piece of the fish was a bit fishyer than they liked. Others ordered the steak with was also good.

• Visited April 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“Nothing Fishy Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place to eat and drink and the waitstaff and bartenders were the best! Prices were reasonable and the food was prepared to perfection. Just what you would expect of this upscale chain.

Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great happy hour at the Chart House. We tried the sliders, fish tacos, and nacho's. The bartenders were attentive and drinks were good. Great ambiance!

• Visited April 2013
Westlake, Ohio
“Great Seafood Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was in Las Vegas for March madness and dined here on Saturday night. My friends and I were kind of tired out of steak and prime rib so we opted for seafood. As Vegas is in the middle of the desert, our choices were limited. We were staying downtown, so wanted to eat somewhere we could walk. Our guide book lead us to the Chart House. We were not disappointed.
The restaurant is beautiful. The fish tank alone is worth the price of dinner. We sat behind it, a private area with only 7 tables. Service was prompt and efficient; our waitress was knowledgeable and quite helpful. We started off with drinks and quickly ordered appetizers. My friends shared a warm dip with avocado. They enjoyed it tremendously; I opted for the large stone crab claws.

The crab claws were as you would imagine, however the presentation was perhaps over the top. They were served in a giant serving bowl, filled with dry ice. Sauce was quite tasty, a mustard sauce, which is your standard fare with stone crabs. Caveat -- if you are ordering these, 1-they are quite expensive $58 for five jumbo claws, 2-they are a lot of work. I bet it took me half an hour to pick the crab meat out of the shells. The crab meat was delicious; I just don’t think I would put up with the work to get it again.

Moving on, I didn’t get a salad course, but my friends did. One opted for a roasted beet salad, the other for a trio of soups. Both were to die for.

Dinner came and we feasted. I had the grilled sea bass which was served with green beans and rice. The two other dinners were the lamb chops and the lobster francese. My sea bass was quite good, grilled with oil and a little seasoning, cooked to perfection, green beans were to die for. Rice, well I’m not a fan of it at all, so I won’t critique that! Lamb chops were to die for, butterflied and served a perfect medium well. The lobster dish, well that was a different story. Reading the menu, it tells you that lobster francese is a “paillard” which is a term for quick cooking, thinly sliced or pounded meat. My friend claims his lobster was tough, which would happen if you pounded it. He ate it, but said he would never order it again.

We didn’t have any dessert as we were quite full from our dinner. Overall I’m giving this a 4 star rating. Our service could have been a tiny bit more efficient. Two things happened that shouldn’t have. Our waitress brought over the roasted beet salad and the trio of soups while my friends were still eating their appetizer, we sent them back. She then brought me a warm towel to clean my fingers while I was eating dinner, she should have done that when I was finished with my appetizer. Two minor details that didn’t affect our tip for her, but when you are spending $100 a plate they shouldn’t happen. I think she may have had an extra table, and as such couldn’t provide the adequate service.

Would I return, well yes. I would just order different selections.

• Visited March 2013
Binghamton
“Don't pass this up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Chart House is in the Golden Nugget. It houses a 75,000 gallon fish tank which, if you like this sort of thing (I do) is worth it to relax for a while and watch all the fish. You can request a color-picture guide book that lets you discover all the names of the fish and some interesting facts about the aquarium all while imbibing...how can you beat that?

Visited March 2013