“Cut your prime rib with a butter knife” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery

Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery
1 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Downtown)
702 366 9378
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Diner, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Moline, Illinois
“Cut your prime rib with a butter knife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to call people crazy who don't appreciate this place..madet from scratch home cooking. Like your grandma made! (Well, if she was a good cook like mine!)
Service has always been great..one lady scowls a lot but Jack and the others are just great. They serve the shrimp cocktail that you used to get out front. My husband and the noys come to Vegas each year for the NASCAR race ..I don't think they eat anywhere else for five days. Tonight we had the bestchicken clam chowder, prime rib, baked potatoes and veggies and mother in law had the chicken pot pie. It was huge and delicious. I felt bad we couldn't bring back the leftovers! Homemade peach pie alamode for her dessert. Breakfasts are always fantastic. It is a diner setting..Not top class but doesn't have top class prices either.. so come as you are...I feel sorry for people who don't think this is great food..they should stick to McDonald's. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Not all that good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went for breakfast. Both of us had eggs benedict, both had solid eggs. Toast missed from order. Coffee topped up regularly tho.

Expensive and not worth it in my opinion. Wouldn't return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Pancakes = best in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was wandering around downtown, poking my nose into various casinos just to see what was going on, when I found this place. I had just had lunch, so was just going to look in the doorway, but then there was the quote from Esquire saying the pancakes were the best in the USA, and the place looked so inviting and traditional, I just had to go in. Then I just had to sit down at the counter and order the short stack (I'm glad I didn't go for the full stack as I would have been compelled to eat all three and might have exploded like Mr Creosote). I ate the first pancake without even thinking about putting syrup on it: it was hot, fluffy, had a very slight char and a hint of the sort of sour you get in sourdough. Delicious. My orange juice was extracted from several oranges as I watched (might have been improved with some ice). Best of all was watching the staff: they were busy but very good, and churned out many shrimp cocktails while I was there.

I actually meant to go back the next morning for breakfast, but slept in and had to hit the road for Death Valley.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surrey, Canada
“Retro star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Funny but this reminded me of some of my first cafe experiences from about 60 years ago. Straight forward diner food of great quality. The staff hustle around and keep on top of volume. Lots of friendly banter. I will make a point to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lafayette, California
“Only Great for 24 Hours a Day...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Most restaurants in Vegas are overhyped, overpriced and then typically under-deliver. Not Du-Par's. Nope...Du-Par's consistently delivers very good "diner styles" dishes. In the mood for breakfast? Try the pancakes & bacon, the french toast & bacon or the corned beef hash and eggs. Need a quick snack? How about a shrimp cocktail (still one of the greatest values in all of Vegas). Dinner...there is plenty to choose from here. And, make sure to try their homemade muffins at breakfast and their pies after dinner. We had the apple pie served with vanilla ice cream...the verdict? A jackpot!!

• Visited January 2013