“Be careful at checkout~minibar charges mysteriously appear” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
toronto, on
“Be careful at checkout~minibar charges mysteriously appear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Lovely room, great staff (although slow at check-in and check-out), housekeeping didn't do our room by 4:00 pm, so we requested it be done while we went for dinner, came back at around 10:00 pm and the room was never done. Still all this could be ignored because the room was so large and beautiful.

But then at check-out, there was a "mini bar" charge which I called them out on. I told them it was impossible because it's locked, we called housekeeping and she explained that they would have to come down and unlock it for you. SHe also said there was a charge just for opening it. So we declined it. Then the front desk told us that if we moved any of the bar snacks next to the sink for more than 60 seconds, we would automatically be charged for it.....which is odd, because how do they know if I took the cashews or the pringles? Hmmm? Hmmm? I explained to her that we did not eat any of the bar snacks and that she should take it off immediately of our bill which she did.

Too bad we had this last impression of the hotel-it was a great time, nonetheless, but be careful when you check out!

Also-this is a hotel that has a very young, hip, contemporary feel. The average age (I'd say) of a hotel guest here seemed to be 25-30. It's definitely not the same clientele as you may see at The Bellagio or Ceasar's for instance. We're coming back to Vegas for a mother daughter trip and I would not consider Cosmo as an option. However should I come back for a Bachelorette, or a girls week-end, Cosmo would be perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here the second week of January with my girlfriend. We checked in, and the fellow noticed that I had another reservations two weeks later as well, and he welcomed me to the hotel. Check in fellow, was very friendly and explained to me all the different shops and restaurants available at their location.

The iPad built-into the check-in counter was nice, as it had their website, and when it was time to sign off on any incidental charges to be billed to my credit card, the iPad changed to a form, and I was able to sign my name digitally on the iPad.

When he presented me with my keycard, it had my first initial and last name as well as my brand new Identity Membership number. Identity is the name for their players card for gambling, and to earn points anywhere on their property.

I was checked into a terrace room, with a great view of the Bellagio fountains, and the "Paris" Eiffel tower. I liked the small cushioned bench, table and chairs that were included on the balcony.

We had two large LCD tv's in our room, the one in the living room area, controlled all elements of the room, the lights, the temperature, and lots of information about the Cosmopolitan.

The responsiveness of the TV was quite slow while browsing up and down different channels, and it was annoying trying to turn off some of the lights, from the television.

They also had free WIFI in most areas of the public area as well as the rooms, the rooms also had free hard-wired internet access too.

The beds at the Cosmopolitan was wonderful, there were so many pillows, that it made me fall asleep right away. The firmness of the bed was good, with a nice pillowtop mattress. I liked the white and blue pin-stripes on the bedding, and after I checked out of the property, I couldn't wait to come back two weeks later.

Also had a nice buffet dinner at the Wicked Spoon buffet, their selection of desserts is magnificent and I loved all the different flavors of gelato that was offered.
Don't forget to give them your Identity players card to earn points at the restaurant!

Next morning, I went to the Wicked Spoon buffet again for breakfast, and it was affordable $15 a person, and the hotel comp'ed me the breakfast due to my level of gambling =)

Can't wait till I visit Las Vegas again for my next visit to the Cosmopolitan!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I usually stay at the MGM, but decided to splurge this trip.

Check-in was the only real hiccup of my stay. When I arrived at 8PM there were 3 or 4 separate lines 2 people deep. I got in one, got to the front of the line, the clerk said he'd be back in a minute, came back a few minutes later, said one more minute, never returned. By this time the 4 separate lines were no more and there was now one line 10 people deep. So, I had to wait for 10 people to check in who had arrived after me and it seemed like at least 3 of them were having issues with check-in.

West tower, 36th floor overlooking Bellagio fountains (hadn't reserved a premium view). Everything was perfectly clean. Room was beautiful, the balcony was great, but felt like there could have been a little something extra, not just a wicker chair and ottoman combo. I could hear the Bellagio fountains faintly but they never kept me from sleeping. There was a slight ticking noise I heard every once in a while, think it may have been the do not disturb sign swinging on the outside door handle.

Maid service/turn-down service was not a problem, even left me a toothbrush, guess they thought my cvs travel one wasn't up to par.

Ate at Comme Ca, Wicked Spoon & the pizzeria. All 3 were great and I'm not a buffet person.

Casino dealers and pit bosses were the best, cocktail waitresses were incredibly accommodating to my specialty drink requests and tracked me down when I changed tables.

I'm not interested in eurotrash clubbing and the casino did get a little too much for my taste at night - lines for the nightclub, shiny shirt people in the chandelier bar...

Would I go back? Not sure, maybe for the pool, but glad I went once.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

My husband & I just returned from two nights at the Cosmopolitan. After reading the reviews about poor service and long check-in waits, we arrived prepared to gruel through the idiosyncrasies of staying at a popular new hotel.

When we arrived, the check-in line was fairly long, however it went very fast. We probably did not wait more than five minutes. Our front desk host, Nick, apologized for the wait and proceeded to swiftly and professionally check us in to our room. Although we arrived prior to the 3PM check-in time, we were able to immediately access our room.

Our Terrace Studio room was breathtaking and impressive down to the smallest attention to detail that you don't normally see in the nicest hotels (i.e., new toothbrush, pencil holder on the desk filled with perfectly sharpened color pencils, unique and interesting books, etc.). We enjoyed being able to open the slider to our outdoor balcony overlooking the Bellagio water show, and although we were concerned that the noise might be annoying, the slider, when closed, completely sealed the room. Saving the best for last, words cannot express how impressed we were with the design and function of the bathroom! The bathroom was literally a "wet room" with glass walls on three sides. One faced the balcony with a view of the Bellagio fountain from the Japanese soaking tub, one faced the bedroom but had drapes for the modest guest, and the last wall was the glass entry into the "wet room."

Because it was winter, the pool in our (East) building was closed, however the pool in the West building was open. Both are hip, modern, well designed areas with creative touches such as gigantic shower heads that spout out water to cool overheated guests or kids that just want to have fun.

The hotel is located in one of the BEST locations on the strip, sandwiched between the Bellagio and the new City Center. It is connected to City Center via walking bridges so it is easy to visit the Aria, Vdara, and Mandarin Oriental hotels.

We can't wait to return and would give the Cosmopolitan a 5+ rating!

wynnewood,PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Don't even think about checking in and having your room ready...I am one of 4 people who waited at least an hour past 4 o'clock. Room much too small for 2 of us not sharing a bed so were put into a 2 bedroom suite...magnificent BUT bedroom with 2 queen beds had no bureau just a walk in closet without shelves. Turn off main light switch and the entire suite goes dark...the other guest was in the tub when I did this and, well, you get the picture. After 8 P.M. the casino is filled with smoke, incredibly loud sounds from 3 areas of entertainment and 21 to 22 year olds. Gambled elsewhere after the first night. The 3 restaurants we ate in were superb...would definately go to them again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We have been going to Vegas for years. We go 4 to 5 times per year. We have stayed at all the 4 & 5-star hotels. In all these years, we have never had a complaint, until now. We received an offer from the Cosmo, and decided to try it. It was a disaster from check-in to check-out. Our problems were service problems, not technical problems. We arrived on Feb. 12th at 5:30 pm. Our room was not ready. We were told to check back in an hour, okay, no problem. We walked around and decided to eat at the Wicked Spoon. Service and food mediocre at best. We went back to the front desk at around 7pm. Room still not ready. We decided to have a cocktail and play slot machines. Checked the front desk at 9pm. still not available. We were told Guest Services would be calling us, never received that call. At 11pm we were assured our room would be ready and Guest Services would call us, it never happened. Finally checked in at 12:30 am. The room did not even resemble the room we reserved. Left-overs from the previous people remained. We were tired and went to sleep. The next day the nightmare continued with more poor service in the restaurant, casino, and bar. We decided to leave. I'm sorry, no excuse for this kind of service. As a business owner, I know customer service is everything. This hotel has serious management issues that need correcting. If you are looking for a nice hotel with excellent customer service, stay at the Wynn, MGM Grand, Venetian, Palazzo, Caesars Palace. These hotels have great service and great views.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Just returned from 4 nights/5 days in Las vegas for a Trade Show. When Cosmo popped up as an option through the show, I jumped at the chance. I wasn't wrong! Great rooms (I had a terrace with a view of the Bellagio fountains), cool vibe! The hotel bars we're all very nice . . . had one with great music (Book & Stage).

Food-wise, the buffet is interesting, more of a Tapas style, which allowed me to taste a broad range of cool foods. Most of the restaurants on the third floor of the attached mall were very expensive, but Holstein's, an upscale burger joint, was very good!

The nightclub, Marquee, is not to be missed! With an outdoor pool, it should be amazing in warmer months.

Still has a few kinks to work out Front Desk-wise, like having one line, as opposed to a free for all, but other than that, this place is a winner!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!