“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We arrived in Vegas Feb 9th and asked for an early check in. Arrived at the hotel at 11:00am and walked up to the desk. Checkin took about 10 minutes. We had a 1 bedroom Terrace with Premium View. We were given room 6095 on the East Tower. All I can say about the view was amazing. We were directly infront of the Bellagio Fountains and had a great view of the Strip.

Our room was very spacious and exceptionaaly clean. We asked for additional hangers and they were brought to us in about 5 minutes. We also informed the front desk that we needed to use the fridge to store some medication and they said no problem. We did this so that there would be no issues to reverse the charges on the mini-bar.

The coffee maker uses a pod system. The hotel charges $5.00 for the coffee in the room but if you go to Walmart before you leave you can buy a bag of Senseo Pods for ablut $5.00 and that gets you 18 coffee's. They are the correct ones to use.

The pizzeria hidden on the 3rd was wonderful and the price was not that bad. We know someone that ate at Scarpetta and they said the portions were very small and extremely expensive.

We tried the buffet on saturday night no bad but it could have been a little better. Not up to par with Bellagio or Wynn.

The staff was extremely kind and were very approachable. The casino got very smokey on Friday and Saturday night.

The Chandelier Bar again is something that has to be seen. It cost $8 mill for the cRystals and another 18 million for the rest of the 3 storey bar.

Parking was very easy but beware to park closer to your tower elevators. Also the Valet is free they just work on tips.

Our room was cleaned every morning with no issues and if we used the soap or shampoo they replenished it right away.

All in all we had a very good time at the Cosmo and would recommend it to any of our friend based on our experience.

7,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011 via mobile

It's 2:44 am. I'm on the 30th floor. It's a Monday night (or Tuesday morning rather) and I can't sleep because the thumping music from the nightclub below is enveloping the room. I'm here for a conference, have to work in the morning and horrified to think of our 1000 clients experiencing something similar. No warning was
ever given over the phone when I
made my reservation even though I mentioned my two year old would be staying too. Everything else in the hotel is incredible, this is the coolest room I've ever stayed in-just didn't expect to feel like i'm snuggling up in a night club. Also met a co-worker who had to wait three hours to check-in to her room after arriving after 3pm check-in.

• Stayed February 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Just spent the weekend at the Cosmo. I booked a Friday and Saturday night stay back in November for $325 per night, with a $260 dining credit. So, on a net basis, our room was $200 per night. The room category we booked was "Premium View Terrace Studio." however, when we checked in the hotel at like 10 pm they said that our room category was sold out. After some foot stomping, they put us in a "Premium View One Bedroom Terrace" AND added another $100 credit to our bill, which brought our total down to $150 per night. The staff was friendly at check in, but very SLOW because thier systems are just too cumbersome. It took us about 40 minutes to check in. It also seemed like everyone else that was checking in was working on room situations. There was no way that the hotel was booked for the weekend, so I can't comment on what the issue was.

Our room had a perfect view of the Bellagio fountains and the strip - we loved the view from the nice big outdoor terrace. The rooms are definitely quirky, with lots of headscratchers, but overall the quality of the building materials and furniture was outstanding. Some examples of things that left your head scratching: The kitchenette has a dishwasher but no utensils, plates, etc? There is no fridge, except the minibar, which you can't touch (unless you want to pay an extra $25 to have them remove all the items). There is space down below in the fridge that we used for beer, but they exploded because we found out that this was the freezer section. The TV's are awesome, but they have a "governor" on the volume - you can only turn them up halfway. If you have the balcony door open or if someone is taking a shower, you can't hear the TV. There was no dresser or anywhere to put clothes into a drawer. The bathroom lights were not bright enough. All small things that are really no big deal....

Many people have commented on the TV/phone system. I agree that it sucks. It's just way too slow, and sometimes the TV or phone will flat out stop working. It's like the software is too much for the hardware. The Dish Network guide couldn't even pull up the name of shows that were on the TV most of the time. We did not let it bother us, but this is clearly an issue for the hotel that needs to be addressed. Alot of people are saying that the TV runs the lights - and while this is true, all of our lights also had switches on them as well, so I'm not sure what they were experiencing.

We loved the lobby, casino, mall area and restaurants. We went to one of the pools as well and it was awesome - there was a huge outdoor spa that was set at 103 - very nice. Wife loved her spa treatments - everything in the spa was first class. They do not take Spa Finder gift certificates, which was a bummer.

There's a ton of really neat art on display throughout the hotel - some of which is on digital displays and is everchanging - very nice addition. Everytime you go into the lobby - it seems like you are in a different hotel because they change the art themes that are being displayed around you.

The casino table limits were high, but that's expected when a new hotel opens on the strip. They will even out over time. We asked the pit boss regularly if we could bet $10 a hand at blackjack, etc. and they obliged each time - which was very nice. The casino is kind of a meandering stream, wrapping itself around clubs and restaurants and bars - a very tasteful layout. The other thing that's nice - they always have cool music playing, and they turn the slots way down - you can't even hear the slot machines - which was a refreshing change of pace.

Lastly, a comment on location. This hotel is ON the strip - I can't imagine a hotel with better access to the strip. You can see the strip from the casino. You can cross the street at each side of the hotel - so basically you are a 5 - 10 minute walk to every surrounding hotel.

Overall - we were very happy with our deal and the hotel. Yes - it has some quirks, but they were not enough to bother us. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

My stay was over Super Bowl weekend.

Check-in was efficient and fast. I had to point out my Marriott Rewards Platinum status so that the welcome amenity and free breakfast would be provided. The welcome amenity never arrived so I had to call down to remind them and it was brought up right away. I booked a terrace studio and was upgraded to a terrace one bedroom. Definitely ask for a room facing the Bellagio fountains.

I also requested a roll away bed and after 2 hours and 7 phone calls later it was finally delivered. Late check-out was requested and I was only given one extra hour from the 11am check-out time.

The location of the hotel is great and I would stay there again. They have a few kinks still to be worked out.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel not long after it opened, after arriving by car from LA and parking in the wrong side of the hotel, we had to walk through the hotel to reception. The hotel is very big and easy to get lost on your fist visit, note if going by car, go passed the hotel, drive up to the traffice lights and turn right, this is the main entrance. Rooms are just as they look, very nice, and we had a good view over the pool, very comfortable beds, good storage for clothes, good size bathroom, only thing is there is no tea/coffe in the room and you have to pay for it.
We had free breakfast for two at the Wicked Spoon, but there was three of us, which seemed abit strange, and they asked for my card on the first two days, but not for the rest of our stay...do not give it to them and question why, as when I got home I was billed £25, and I never used my card in the hotel, and I checked on check out that nothing was billed to the room,
To buy food and drink is expensive in the hotel, but we did find a supermarket just before the Wynn, so stock up.
All in all, a very nice hotel and I would stay here again, just don't use you credit card!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Overall, my stay at this hotel was not terrible but it did prompt me to write this review. The primary concern is that the deadbolts in the rooms do not function properly and I got stuck in the room. Once I called the front desk and they put me in touch with security, the security representative explained that it happens frequently and told me how to push the door toward the hallway in order to release the deadbolt. It seems to me that if it happens so frequently (which I confirmed with another guest who experienced the same problem) the hotel needs to post instructions on the door so you could get out in an emergency. Also, my telephone did not work (apparently that also happens frequently and you need to reboot the phone, as I was told by the front desk). Again, another significant issue if there was any kind of emergency. My room was boiling hot and the temperature control on the television didn't seem do have any affect, so I woke up sweating several times during the night. Housekeeping also needs to do a better job of inspecting the rooms as one of the lights was out in my bathroom and there was no toilet paper. Finally, even with all bulbs functioning, the lighting in the bathroom was much too low for applying makeup. Bottom line, they haven't yet got their act together at this fairly new hotel, and for what the rooms cost they need to do much better.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Just returned from a 7 night stay at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
We are a couple in our late 30's in town on business.

Upon reading the initial reviews we were a little sketchy on what we’d find when we arrived-I guess we have been spoiled with the great service at the Encore Tower Suites our last 3 visits and this seemed to be a weakness at the Cosmo.

In a nutshell-its seems like Cosmo is now hitting its stride, the kinks are being worked out and it seems like they have created their own niche in Vegas.

Service:
From check in to check out was great, staff was young but well trained and confident
Room
Terrace King Suite was the nicest room we have stayed in so far in Vegas, no issues at all with in room technology as others have reported
There is a great assortment of dining options at the Cosmopolitan
We ate at Scarpetta, DOCG, Holsteins all were very good to excellent We have eaten at Scarpetta in NYC and the food is just as good-the room has fantastic views of the Bellagio fountains. DOCG has great pasta and pizza, and a very un-vegas feel to it (In a good way) Holsteins-Burgers and Beer ‘nuff said.
Lounges
We had cocktails at both Vesper and Chandelier Bar, both had great energy and the bar staff at Vesper really know their cocktails. The Chandelier bar is a great central people watching spot
Our entire week at the Cosmo we noticed how much of a good vibe it had-busy, good energy, but no drunks falling all over.

Anyways that’s our 2 cents-we’d stay at Cosmo again without hesitation

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!