“Nice hotel, great location but some kinks that need to be worked out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas

You added The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to your Saves list
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, CA
“Nice hotel, great location but some kinks that need to be worked out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

My stay was over Super Bowl weekend.

Check-in was efficient and fast. I had to point out my Marriott Rewards Platinum status so that the welcome amenity and free breakfast would be provided. The welcome amenity never arrived so I had to call down to remind them and it was brought up right away. I booked a terrace studio and was upgraded to a terrace one bedroom. Definitely ask for a room facing the Bellagio fountains.

I also requested a roll away bed and after 2 hours and 7 phone calls later it was finally delivered. Late check-out was requested and I was only given one extra hour from the 11am check-out time.

The location of the hotel is great and I would stay there again. They have a few kinks still to be worked out.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,949)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel not long after it opened, after arriving by car from LA and parking in the wrong side of the hotel, we had to walk through the hotel to reception. The hotel is very big and easy to get lost on your fist visit, note if going by car, go passed the hotel, drive up to the traffice lights and turn right, this is the main entrance. Rooms are just as they look, very nice, and we had a good view over the pool, very comfortable beds, good storage for clothes, good size bathroom, only thing is there is no tea/coffe in the room and you have to pay for it.
We had free breakfast for two at the Wicked Spoon, but there was three of us, which seemed abit strange, and they asked for my card on the first two days, but not for the rest of our stay...do not give it to them and question why, as when I got home I was billed £25, and I never used my card in the hotel, and I checked on check out that nothing was billed to the room,
To buy food and drink is expensive in the hotel, but we did find a supermarket just before the Wynn, so stock up.
All in all, a very nice hotel and I would stay here again, just don't use you credit card!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Overall, my stay at this hotel was not terrible but it did prompt me to write this review. The primary concern is that the deadbolts in the rooms do not function properly and I got stuck in the room. Once I called the front desk and they put me in touch with security, the security representative explained that it happens frequently and told me how to push the door toward the hallway in order to release the deadbolt. It seems to me that if it happens so frequently (which I confirmed with another guest who experienced the same problem) the hotel needs to post instructions on the door so you could get out in an emergency. Also, my telephone did not work (apparently that also happens frequently and you need to reboot the phone, as I was told by the front desk). Again, another significant issue if there was any kind of emergency. My room was boiling hot and the temperature control on the television didn't seem do have any affect, so I woke up sweating several times during the night. Housekeeping also needs to do a better job of inspecting the rooms as one of the lights was out in my bathroom and there was no toilet paper. Finally, even with all bulbs functioning, the lighting in the bathroom was much too low for applying makeup. Bottom line, they haven't yet got their act together at this fairly new hotel, and for what the rooms cost they need to do much better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Just returned from a 7 night stay at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
We are a couple in our late 30's in town on business.

Upon reading the initial reviews we were a little sketchy on what we’d find when we arrived-I guess we have been spoiled with the great service at the Encore Tower Suites our last 3 visits and this seemed to be a weakness at the Cosmo.

In a nutshell-its seems like Cosmo is now hitting its stride, the kinks are being worked out and it seems like they have created their own niche in Vegas.

Service:
From check in to check out was great, staff was young but well trained and confident
Room
Terrace King Suite was the nicest room we have stayed in so far in Vegas, no issues at all with in room technology as others have reported
There is a great assortment of dining options at the Cosmopolitan
We ate at Scarpetta, DOCG, Holsteins all were very good to excellent We have eaten at Scarpetta in NYC and the food is just as good-the room has fantastic views of the Bellagio fountains. DOCG has great pasta and pizza, and a very un-vegas feel to it (In a good way) Holsteins-Burgers and Beer ‘nuff said.
Lounges
We had cocktails at both Vesper and Chandelier Bar, both had great energy and the bar staff at Vesper really know their cocktails. The Chandelier bar is a great central people watching spot
Our entire week at the Cosmo we noticed how much of a good vibe it had-busy, good energy, but no drunks falling all over.

Anyways that’s our 2 cents-we’d stay at Cosmo again without hesitation

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Stratton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan for 4 nights over New Year. The hotel only opened in December 2010 so it is immaculate, everything is brand new. Stayed in the Terrace Studio with a balcony and incredible views of the strip and the room was beautiful. This is my second time to Las Vegas in 18 months, the first time I went I stayed at the Aria which is also really nice.

Really good location in the middle of the strip so if you want to be in the middle of things then can't fault this place at all! Another good point is that the Cosmo doesn't charge a resort fee which nearly all of the other hotels in Vegas do. Not sure if this is just a promotional incentive to get people in because the hotel is new or whether it is a permanent policy but considering when I stayed at the Aria it was something like $20 a day for the resort fee, it's a good thing in my opinion!

All in all, I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel. The quality and standard of service is fantastic. Location is fantastic. And New Year in Las Vegas is pricey ... but fantastic!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed one night due to flight being canceled, thought we'd get a nicer hotel as covered by insurance.
No distressed traveler rate, even though we were in at 1 am and out by 8am.

Good
Room was beautiful, bed excellent, view fantastic.

Poor
Lighting system was confusing and not easy to use at all.
TV was the same, beautiful TV that was a clusterhump to operate.

Bad
We opted for express checkout where invoice would be sent by email. Email was never sent. Had to call to remind them to send it.
Got the bill and had charges on bill that we never incurred. Call them back again to fix this.
Found our our friends, who stayed the same night, and opted for express check out also never received their invoice and WERE ALSO CHARGED FOR ITEMS NEVER USED!! CALLED THEM BACK AGAIN and the explanation given was that if you even slightly moved a minibar item the sensors registered it as being used and it's automatically charged to your room?! Not consumed... just slightly moved.
First would be nice to know that, second, we didn't even touch anything on the minibar out of principle as it's always outrageously expensive.
Very fishy to me, looks like a way to nail people for extra costs they never incurred.
Oh and who has NO 800 NUMBER FOR CANADA when so many customers obviously COME FROM CANADA!!
WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS TO AVOID IT.
Too many nice hotels in Vegas to deal with incompetence and deception.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I arrived around 2pm, but at check in my room wasn’t ready yet. I went over to their lobby bar, Vesper to wait. The bartenders were great, even checking on my room’s progress for me, but it did take until after 4pm to get into my room. The room was great, a nice mix between luxury and boutique. The main feature of the room for me was the balcony which looked directly over the Bellagio fountains. The bathroom had a great walk-in shower, which was sizable, but the water pressure and heat were a little lacking. The rest of the room had all the major conveniences of any of the Vegas rooms I’ve stayed in. I did have their room service for breakfast one morning and their truffled coddled egg should not be missed, it is amazing. Since I was just in on a short trip I didn’t see much else of the hotel other than the conference rooms, which were a standard. Their check out terminals was easy to use and made for a very quick check out.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!