“The Cosmopolitan is my new favourite.” 5 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Ranked #40 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
vancouver
“The Cosmopolitan is my new favourite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed from Jan. 23 - 27. Our trip started by being tunnelled on the way to hotel and I didn't notice until it was too late. Faster??? I don't think so but it was more expensive. Check-in was very quick and efficient. Asked if they had any complimentary upgrades available but none were available. It didn't matter as the room we were given was on the 31st floor in the East tower with an incredible view of the fountains and the strip. As others have said our day started and ended on the balcony. The room was absolutely perfect. We had some mini bar charges appear that were not ours and they were taken off our bill instantly. It was a definte bonus having a coffee machine and we just ordered extra packs for our stay. If you want to be thrifty bring some instant coffee and just use the machine to dispence hot water. The fridge froze everything we put on the bottom shelf so we stopped using that quick enough. We did use it to chill some beer in about 30 minutes time. We ate at and really enjoyed China/Poblano ; Comme Ca ; and The Wicked Spoon (3 times). The buffet is wonderful and really well done. Small portions in individual serving dishes were the norm A nice change to the typical "load as much as you can" on your plate buffets. Bars were really good and ALL the staff went out of their way to help out in a very freindly way. Without a doubt, we'll be going back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

7,021 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Anaheim, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The rooms are nice. We had a party at one of our suites (wrap around). Took over 1.5 hours to get an ice bucket (not provided). Although there is an interface panel to plug into the sound system, we did not have the right cables/connections and the hotel did not have anything to even hook up an ipod or iphone. The Technicians that came to our room (3 times) did not have the tools or connections to hook up anything. The TV Music channels were jumbled. One would choose say Blues and you get Salsa. Room Service is awful. Wifi worked, but very poor coverage. Our room did not get cleaned until 5:30pm and that was after putting in a request twice. The location is good, but the service and attention to details is simply not there. Beck and Call is a joke. The staff is simply not trained to the level of 5 Stars. The staff needs to go over to Wynn to see how its done. I would wait a year before we would go back.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I admit, I can be a bit of a snob about hotels, especially when I pay good money. The Cosmopolitan exceeded all my expectations, so that's saying a lot.
Our taxi driver urgently insisted we request an East Tower room, but upon check-in, it was full, so we were upgraded to a suite in the West Tower. I can't imagine what the East Tower has going for it that the West Tower does not: We had a superb view from the 22nd floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains and looking north toward the Strip. The room was gorgeous, with ultra-modern decor and luxe touches like shimmering glass tiles in the oversized bathroom. It's ideal for someone who likes the energy of Vegas but appreciates good design and thinks that the ostentatious "old Vegas" of gold leaf, brocade and theme casinos is the height of tacky.
Service was phenomenal - hotel staff were stationed everywhere, it seemed, for directions, questions, whatever. Everyone was warm, friendly and eager to help.
We did not meet a restaurant or bar we didn't like. The line for Marquee - apparently the hottest club in town - was too long, though, so we didn't go in. We started at the 3-story Chandelier Bar, which is over the top, but they're tongue-in-cheek about it, and the drinks were delicious and service was spot-on. I loved that one of the bartenders sported a blonde mohawk. We then checked out Bond and it was cool, but a bit loud for us old fogies on Friday night, due a live DJ. We opted for Vesper, where I had a wonderful hand-crafted cocktail. For dining, China Poblano served some of the best tacos I have ever eaten, and I review restaurants professionally (as in paid, not just a blogger). Jaleo was off the charts for tapas. A must-do. We also toured through the Wicked Spoon Buffet and I can't wait to go back to try it - and this is coming from someone who is solidly anti-buffet. They honestly had marrow bones. At a buffet. Sigh.
It was a tad chilly last weekend so we lounged by the pool in our jeans and jackets, but want return when it's warm. It was by far the best pool area on the Strip - multi-level, 2 bars, great design.
But it's the little things here that really made it for me: The jaw-droppingly beautiful and hip coffee table books. The giant high-heeled shoes in the hallway. The incredible-smelling shower gel. The unbelievably helpful bellmen and super-sweet room service staff.
I used to never care where I stayed in Vegas because I was always out walking the Strip or checking out other hotels anyway and rarely in the room or the hotel where I stayed. You can stay a weekend at the Cosmopolitan and never leave and never get bored. And I'm sorry, but it's ruined me for staying anywhere else in Vegas again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

From the time you enter the sleek, hip lobby you get the feel that this is not your typical Vegas hotel!
We arrived via Limo and were met by some very handsome valets. When you enter your eyes will have a visual feast! The crystal, the ever changing media, the check in desk with its up to date iPad screens and the suits the employees wear are all chic and trendy.
The casino is small but the rooms are amazing! We stayed in the "wraparound terrace suite". You enter via a foyer that is beautifully decorated. The suite contains 2 full baths, one with a huge soaking tub, a full kitchen and bar, dining room, sitting room and king size bedroom that over looks the strip. You also have awesome views from your wraparound terrace, we had a view of the strip on one side and a view of the Bellagio fountains on the other side. Makes you ALMOST not want to leave your room, but this IS Vegas..... :-)
Marquee and other night spots were packed but lots of fun, restaurants were also filled, we ate at STK and received excellent service and delicious food.
NOTE: this place is NOT for the thrifty or someone looking for a budget stay in Vegas. The crowd was very mixed, mainly younger but people of all ages enjoying the vibe and happy getting their groove on!
Security is very present but be careful. You do need a key to operate the elevators (at least in the east tower where we stayed).
I am planning my return trip already!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We were very pleased with the Cosmopolitan. It is beautiful inside with interesting chandeliers, artwork, friendly staff. Rooms are very spacious with elegant bathrooms. We overlooked the Bellagio fountains, and could watch the show from the terrace. Location is great in the middle of the strip. We arrived late night, so checking in was a breeze. I am sure they have kinks to work out with only being open one month, but the hotel is a winner in our book.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed in the cheapest room, the "City View". Smallish, no balcony. Good side view of Bellagio fountains & the Eiffel Tower, but without the balcony I couldnt hear the music that goes with the fountains (except for an occasional WHOOSH).

Room had both wired and wireless internet. I was sharing a room, and the wireless would fail if we both tried to connect, so one of us had to use the LAN. One day the internet down for about 10 minutes. The room doesn't have a landline phone, instead has an IP phone - so the IP phone was also out, and couldn't call to inform the front desk.

Some channels (ABC, CBS) just never worked. Sometimes the TV wouldn't work at all. Room lighting is controlled on the TV, which is nice, but sometimes that menu option just wouldn't be there at all.

I had an issue with the bathroom, the toilet only has a partial door made of glass. Not soundproof...could hear EVERYTHING the other person was doing. What were they thinking with that!

The bed was comfortable but nothing special. The bedding itself isn't anything high-end

Some housekeeping issues. The coffee machine had a leftover pod from the previous guest - gross (I just wanted hot water for tea, and it came out light brown coffee). I asked the housekeeper to just refresh the bathroom one day instead of the full service, and all she did was leave a pile of towels. Left the trash cans full, no actual cleaning in the bathroom.

The hotel lobby & elevators have really cool changing art digital displays. I loved the Chandelier bar, it spans several floors and is apparently all real crystals...it's very sparkly, like being in a chandelier. The casino is smaller than the neighbor casinos, a rather narrow strip, and pretty crowded.

The restaurant selection is very good. China Poblano is half mexican half chinese. Loved being able to get steamed pork buns and tacos at the same time! Jaleo was awesome tapas, with a fun selection of things I haven't seen before...sea urchin with pomegranite foam? It worked! Holsteins had great alcoholic milkshakes and very good burgers, although I had one with foie gras that was not worth it, dry, disappointing. Scarpetta is always booked, the concierge couldn't get me in, so that's probably the best if it's that hard to get into. The owner is the food network chef from "Chopped" that always complains about raw onions.

Overall, the decor was pleasing, the hotel/casino/restaurants/shops are nice. The rooms just have some kinks. It's worthwhile if the price is right due to location and the restaurants. I wouldn't consider it a 5-star, more like 3.5-4 star hotel.

Gym is $12/day, didn't try that or the spa.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This trip was my culmination of my three consecutive years visit to Vegas to stay in the newest hotel on the Strip.
Two years ago, my wife and I stayed at the Encore a few weeks after it opened. Last year, we stayed at the Aria, a fee weeks after it opened.
This year, we stayed at The Cosmopolitan for four nights from Thursday, January 20th through Monday, January 24th.
Each year, the experience seems to get better and better.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the quietness of the Encore, and the fantastic Corber Suite views and ammenities at Aria.
The Cosmopolitan really took the technological vibe of the Aria and the colors and unique look and feel of the Encore and have created a one of a kind Las Vegas hotel.
We stayed in the Wraparound Suite facing the Bellagio and the Strip which was just an absolutely amazing room in the East Tower. The Wraparound suite itself is 450 square feet, and the rest of the suite was well appointed and spacious.
The layout and look and feel of the Cosmopolitan was it's greatest selling point. The Pool Deck is so unique. From the pink pong and pool tables to the cabanas with tv's overlooking the Strip, it will be the place to hang out when the weather is warmer.
All of the restauarants are close together around the Chandelier bar which is really the focul point of the hotel.
The Chandelier bar is really that good! The second floor is NON SMOKING which was an awesome decision by management. Great vibe, for sure.
The restaurants were all really good. We ate at China Poblano, Holsteins, and STK. The servive was timely and the food was very good.
The Self Parking
The only bad points were:
The Wifi service was down on Friday and Monday and these were the days that I needed to get work done!
The Sports Book area had one tiny little area to place bets. I literally almost missed getting my bet in for the AFC champshionship game because of a slow and inefficient staff.
Other than that, there was nothing but good things to say about this place.
Once they get the TV, Phone, Internet situation worked out, they will be able to compete with Encore and Wynn for THE place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!