“Luxury, Beautiful Contemporary Hotel in Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to your Saves list
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“Luxury, Beautiful Contemporary Hotel in Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We were in Vegas for the CES and stay at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas from Jan 8th to Jan 10th, stay in room #5380 Premium View Studio room. Contemporary and beautiful. Front Desk Staff were very quick and friendly to check us in and direct us to the guest elevators area. As soon as we walk-in to our room we were "Wow" by the contemporary designs of the room, everything you think of Luxury is here in the room; big and nice bathroom, sitting area are comfortable and the bed are very comfy as well.... when we step out to our Premium view balcony.....View is beautiful.
This hotel is a big Club itself......very trendy, full with surprises......& fill with nice and delicious restaurants. (Not bakery though)
The location are right in the center of everything.
Everything in the pictures of the hotel official site are real.....

There's little downside - the first night of our stay, we found one glass is missing and there's also no wash cloth in our bathroom; scale is broken....... we did call the front desk to let them know and the housekeeping did respond quickly (within 4 min) brought us wash cloth.

If you like/love clubbing, here is the heaven for you....

Shouldn't complaint since we had a great time here in Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Do visit "Wicked Spoon" (Buffet), "Jaleo" (Tapas) and the Chandelier (Bar).....

Check on the hotel packages; they are worth it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Booked hotel and flight through Southwest. Overall the hotel is GREAT. We normally stay at THE, Bellagio, or Wynn. I will try to do my best to outline each area see below.
CHECKIN: We used car service(recommend presidential limo they are great), upon arrival a doorman opened the door and asked if we needed assistance with luggage. The doorman escorted us to the front door opening both doors and directed us to the check in area. We were greeted by fine dressed man who escorted us to an awaiting person at the front desk. Check in was smooth and the gentleman who checked us also escorted us through the hotel giving us brief overview and to the elevators. That was nice. Real smooth no long lines etc as some other reviews had noted. NOTE: they were sold out the first 2 days with CES and AEE in town and we still were checked in 2 hours early..
ROOM: located in east tower that is the one closest to the boulevard. Really nice rooms ALOT of room in 1 bedroom terrace suites. Everything was new as it has just opened. Alot of weird books on art, not my thing but nice room over all. We were on the 29th floor of I believe 36 floor building,. NO issues with water pressure or hot water.. Lights can be controlled from tv or from switches. Technology in the room is fun to play around with as you control everything temp, lights for example I shut the lights off on my wife while she was in the tub lol... Good size closet, not walk in but plenty of room good thing as there are NO drawers. The door to the toilet is heavy and closes hard so be careful. Bathroom and shower/tub area is well lite. My wife did note that there was no makeup mirror. The bedroom is nice, bed is comfortable, no alarm clock though (it is built into the tv, I could not get it to work though)and the phone has an annoying lite screen, my wife just put a wash cloth over it and that took care of that. Only had one day of problems with the tv and phone the last day was resolved though. refrigerator has no room except underneath all the purchaseable items be careful as it is a freezer so water will be frozen or juice etc. Watching my wife try to eat the frozen yogurt i put down there was funny. terrace is nice, but it was so cold we spent no time on it,. Turn down service each night, each night they left a artsy book on the bed, nice touch , but I would rather have had a chocolate. There is floor to ceiling window between bedroom and the shower with wooden blind and just a wooden blind between the soaking tub and bedroom. There are alot of goodies in the fridge and on the counter all on motion sensitive plates so unless you want to pay, LOOK BUT DONT TOUCH, Do not look for any reference guides to the room or hotel it is all on the tv,
HOTEL: Take the time to explore the hotel which is huge and has many nooks and crannys and quiet places to sit and talk and relax. Pizza place is on 3rd floor, down a long hallway it was busy when we stopped we got one pie it was good and quick. 3rd floor also has pool table fuzz ball table and a number of nice sitting areas to socialize etc. Crowds were middle aged to older. Not alot of kids seen, definately not a hotel for kids. We ate at Wicked Spoon, food selection was very good. Be prepared though the buffet serves most of food in tiny dishes, which are fun, and save you from eating like a horse. WickedSpoon also had gellatio which Bellagio and Wynn do not have on their buffets, also is cheaper. Food was great and once open for awhile this buffet will be on par with two mentioned above. We did not eat in any other eateries. Word of mouth was the mexican and burger place were good. Hotel has good access to strip as well as city center. The pools were actually open and heated. Once nice weather rolls around I can see their not being enough pools space for all the hotel guests, so just keep that in mind. Everywhere you go there are large touch screen monitors which will allow you to see map of the building give restaraunt info etc. They also provide flight info on these screens as well. One item to note is there are 4 or 5 concierge desks through out the first floor which is nice. They assisted in printing out boarding pass for our departure. Overall hotel was great we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not think twice about returning. Obviously the hotel is still working out the bugs but overall it is a really nice boutique hotel atmosphere hopefully it stays that way, Got tickets to Le Reve at Wynn, show was great, with a bit of humor.
CASINO: Well laid out with a numbe of bars throughout. Variety of slots and table games to meet everyones liking.
OVERALL: No real complaints, if they keep working it will be one of the best hotels on the strip. Oh ya there is small kitchenette microwave, sink, empty cupboards fridge and a dishwasher (not sure why). We would definately stay again in warmer time of year to enjoy the terraces.
SPA: did not par take in any services but entry looked nice and the prices were reasonable

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I loved the Cosmopolitan. Everything was pretty much perfect until the 11th hour when the technology in the hotel/room started to fail.

The Cosmopolitan is a hip, modern, and tech-heavy hotel -- if you are an old stick in the mud that can't work anything technical, please don't stay here and ruin everybody else's fun.

Ain't no Bibles in the bedside tables here, instead you'll find art history and Japanese erotica, alongside the modern and sexy (yet totally functional) décor and funky wallpaper.

I stayed in my room solo -- I have no complaints about the openness of the bathroom. But even if I had had other people in the room, there are ways to make it private. I really liked the huge shower which had a big bench in it, the giant spa tub which had jets, and the free toiletries by CO Bigelow were really nice touches.

My favorite part of the room was the terrace. Even though it was a bit cold in Vegas, it was really warm and sunny on the terrace. The lounge furniture was perfect, and I sat outside and enjoyed the view of the strip in the Vegas sunshine for a while.

I also had a massage in the Sahra Spa, which was lovely. I highly recommend getting a spa treatment here, or just spending time in the sauna or the jacuzzi that has a rain-like waterfall in the middle.

We ate at three of the high-end restaurants in the hotel: Comme Ça, Scarpetta and Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill. The food was fabulous at each place, but the sushi definitely rose above the rest -- it was exceptional. On the 3rd floor restaurant level, the lounge area with the pool table and foozball table was pretty cool.

And now the downsides to the Cosmopolitan: it is basically a month old, so they are still working out the kinks. They have yet to find their groove and rhythm in the way they operate. It's not perfect...yet. Because there is so much technology in the hotel and you can control everything from the TV, phone or key card, when any of it fails, it fails pretty big. That surprised me, because usually technical engineers are pretty good at putting in backups or fail-safes.

Stuff that failed in the 11th hour: the two TVs in my room, which should have allowed me to check out, but didn't; the phone system went down; my key card expired before it should have so I was locked out of my room before I checked out.

Other fail mentions:
1) the steam room in the women's side of the spa broke. Not only could we not use it for the 2 days we were there, but they had male technicians come in to fix it so we were all told not to get undressed in the open. Not a big deal for me, just slightly inconvenient considering the spa only has one change room with a door.

2) the check-in desks at reception all use iPads to show guests the details of their stay. While that's cute in theory, the iPad is not a great working tool. They ask you to sign for your room using the iPad, but there's no stylus so you literally have to use your fingernail in order to sign your name. Not the greatest use of technology here.

Even though there were kinks in the system, I will say that the service from each and every hotel staff member was great. They ALL tried very hard to go above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Service in a couple of the restaurants was a different story however, and many of the servers and wait staff seemed to be confused, slow and literally bumping into one another at Comme Ça and Scarpetta. Hopefully that will improve over time. The assistant general manager at Comme Ça (John) was great though, and helped us get into a club in Vegas one evening.

I will definitely be staying at the Cosmopolitan again, and I can't wait to experience it when they get into their operational groove.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I stay at Ritz Carlton resorts whenever I can as they always seem to provide what I’m looking for in a hotel – quiet, elegant, refined luxury and exceptional customer service. Since I had to come to visit Las Vegas for CES, and I saw that The Cosmopolitan was featured on the Ritz Carlton website, I thought I would try this new hotel.

What a colossal disappointment! Instead of finding the quiet, elegant, refined luxury that I have come to expect from Ritz Carlton, I instead discovered a noisy, tacky, gaudy property teeming with wannabe hipsters seeking a wall-to-wall ultralounge experience.

I can only echo comments that others have provided: check-in took an eternity; waiting for my bags to get to my room took even longer; the staff is clueless and poorly-trained. Once in my room, the room was large (which I suppose should be expected as the rooms were intended to be condos, before the current owner foreclosed on the property) and the view was nice, but the water pressure was so low that it was almost impossible to take a decent shower. Before going to bed the first night, I stepped out onto the balcony to take in the view, and when I returned to my room the door wouldn’t latch! I wanted to call downstairs to report this, but as others have commented, the phone didn’t work! Just dead air! Being tired, I just went to bed to take it up the next day, but I slept poorly due to the draft from the defective door and street noise from the Strip. It was fixed the next day, though.

As I strolled the garish corridors to the accompaniment of blaring music, I couldn’t help but wonder, what could have prompted Ritz Carlton to endorse this kitsch palace and include it on their roster of resorts? It is completely unlike any other Ritz Carlton property I have ever seen, and I have written Ritz Carlton to express my disappointment.

At The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, truly, “the right amount of wrong” appears to equal 90% wrong. I won’t be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have to say overall the cosmopolitan is the future of Las Vegas. Having said that it's entirely thanks to the staff. The hotel has a lot of physical glitches but nothing that can't be fixed due to it being so new. One of them being the mini bar system. It seems to charge you even though you don't take the items but thanks to staff like Amber the charges were immediately taken off. Upon arrival I checked in at 5 and my room wasn't ready. I had a dinner meetin later that night and I had a ton of luggage. Then I talked to the bellman a nice man by the name of Vance brought me inside and then things started to turn around a bellman named Ty stayed with me and my luggage and actually talked to the front desk again for me and my fiancé. Getting into our room was at the utmost importance for our meeting with clients and he actually got us a temporary room!!! Ty stayed with us for over an hour in total and offered us to call the desk and change rooms after we came back. He started the major turn around for my stay and the food and accomadtions were great the rest of the time. Staff like that your bound to be a success. Thanks again. Miss Grainger room 3290-- nicely decorated room by the way

• Stayed January 2011
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay. The highlight was the room; spacious, comfortable, well designed with great attention to detail and some nice designer touches. All the staff we dealt with were most friendly and eager to help. The food we had was excellent, and again served efficiently and with a smile. Yes, we did experience a couple of minor glitches with service but these did little to detract from our overall enjoyment. and indeed staff worked hard to rectify them.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

There have been a lot of negative reviews here, but my experience on the weekend of January 8th was very positive. The decor of the place is fun; it's still tasteful, but has the glitter and shine that makes you know you're in Vegas...

The hotel is still working on some opening glitches, but it seems they're working very hard to correct things, and every single employee I met had an incredible attitude -- it really made a difference in our stay, and made it all the more fun. Check in was slow, the computer froze up, and so it took 45 minutes to check in. However, the lovely girl who checked us in gave us a gift card for our troubles, which easily made up for the wait.

We upgraded at check in to a wrap around suite (paid for the upgrade), and it's a great room! Bathrooms are both lovely and very luxe, bed was as deliciously comfy as any nice place, and we had a great view straight out over the strip.

Ate at the restaurant Comme Ca, and the food, ambiance and service were all wonderful. Even the prices were a little more reasonable than most other comparable strip hotel restaurants.
The hidden pizza place has good slices. The bars make great cocktails, the dealers at the casino are helpful and friendly, breakfast room service was delivered quickly and was beautifully presented and even the valet was a good experience.

Overall, this place rates an A for me, and I think it will improve and smooth out even more over the coming year, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying here now. Have fun!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!