“Business trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Boston, Massachusetts
“Business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First Time in Los Vegas and was luck enough to stay in the Cosmo. The suite was incredible and we had a great view of the Bellagio fountain. Staff were great and treated us respectfully.

This was a fantastic business trip! Would choose this hotel again!

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We head to Vegas several times a year and typically stay at the Wynn or Venetian/Palazzo, however, we decided to give some place else a try for our trip with our daughter for her 21st birthday. We chose the Cosmopolitan based on location (next to Bellagio) and the promise of rooms with balconies overlooking the fountains and Strip. We were not disappointed.

The rooms are large in size and the added value of having a balcony cannot be overstated. Like a cabin with a verandah on a cruise ship - it is now simply a must have when we go to Vegas. Watching the Bellagio fountains, and sitting in the balmy air at night gazing at the amazing strip lights made for the best experience yet.

The Terrace Suites are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, even a dishwasher if you want to hit a grocery store for a longer stay.

We enjoyed Jaleo and Scott Conant's Scarpetta. The casino is fine - not our favorite, but again, the Cosmo is centrally located and right next door to Bellagio.

We will return!

Room Tip: Terrace Suite overlooking fountains
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was mine and my husband's first time to Vegas and we stayed at the Cosmopolitan for two nights and just loved it!! We had a terrace studio in the east tower on the 33rd floor with an amazing view of the Strip. We loved everything about hotel including the staff who were so welcoming and nice. The ONLY thing I wish I would have known are that there are no coffee makers in the room. It's a small complaint and not a huge deal compared to all the wonderful things about the hotel. Next time I'll bring some instant singles because I will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our party of (4) arrived to the casino. Two of us decided to sit at the bar and play some video poker before heading to the tables while the other two in our party went off to play. We were at the main bar off of the entry.

Let me start by saying we are all professionals in our businesses, all were dressed appropriately, had not had a single drink and were polite, professional, had on our real jewelry, so we provided no know reason for the bartender to have an issue with us. We can only guess the issue could have been her profiling us as not belonging in this bar? Not that should ever in any case be an issue but..... The bartender was a blonde female, mid to upper 30's and super extremely rude with a bad attitude!

So when we sat down I was not going to stay at the bar so my spouse ordered a drink and began playing the video poker. When the bartender asked what I wanted to drink I told her I was not going to have a drink and “Thank you” anyway. So I started talking to my spouse and after a few minutes I decided to play a few rounds of video poker and have a drink after all before heading to the tables.

By this time the bartender was having a very long winded conversation with a women at the end of the bar. I tried to get her attention several times but the conversation just dragged on between those two until finally she turned around and I was able to catch her eye (while she was still talking to that person who was not only not playing any games but was not ordering any drinks either). So when she came over to me I had already began playing the video poker and so I placed my drink order. She said, in order for you to get the complementary drink you need to bet a dollar (even though the machine says minimum bet is 25 cents, and no other signage states differently). Before we sat at the bar we looked to see what people were betting and the lady we sat next to and another person at the end of the bar were betting 25 cents as well.

So I paced a bet for a dollar and then went back to my 25 cent bet while she made my drink. When she came back with my drink, mind you I already bet a few dollars and was continuing on, she held onto the drink and said I told you our policy is you have to bet a dollar, I told her I did and so did my spouse and then I went back to 25 cents, she said no either you play a dollar minimum per hand or you pay for the drink, your choice, and stood there.

I said excuse me? She said "either you pay for the drink or continue to bet a dollar per hand, that's our bar policy, I already told you that". I said I already made a one dollar bet and she repeated herself again, like I was a child. So needless to say I was irritated and I said forget it, keep your drink. How can you do this without posting it! If this is your policy then you need to make the machine a dollar minimum like others are! Note the lady next to me nor the man at the end of the bar who had been playing 25 cents since before we arrived were told anything about this while we were their! This bartender was so adamant and rude and so the drink went to waste! What exactly did this accomplish? Nothing except for your business to lose a lot of money from us because of this person.

So my spouse cashed out, the lady next to us that was playing 25 cents cashed out too and left.

When I told our friends what happened they got angry too and said lets go! We cannot believe the bartender was so rude but let's go somewhere else and play where we all will be treated right. So we left with our pockets full of money that would have been spent at this casino/restaurant and went down the street where we were treated properly and the bar tender had no problem with our playing 25 cents a hand at the video poker when we stopped to freshen up before hitting their tables! When we told that bar tender the story he told us that he heard things like this about your casino and that the law states if the machine takes your minimum bet that's it, no one can ask you to put more money in the machine, that is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!
We found many other casinos, that even if one of us was standing watching others play, would give us the complimentary drinks if we wanted them!

After getting home I spoke to others here that said they had gotten similar response from this hotel and casino employees and would not return. We determined that the problem was I am overweight and unless your skinny, starched shirt, metro looking they don't want you! So beware!

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan July 19-25, 2015 for a work conference. Room was a Terrace Studio on the 38th floor in the west tower. Nice large room, great desk area with ports to plug in laptop to tv screen (via hdmi), in room safe was large enough for my MacBook and iPad. Large deep tub and shower area, double sink and separate toilet area. Patio was great but only enough seating for three. For internet there was wifi included as part of your resort fee ($25/night) and if you wanted faster internet you could upgrade. I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I loved our experience at this hotel. The room was awesome, the bathtub was awesome, and the staff was great. We had a balcony which was so incredibly nice. The views were out of this world. Oh, and this hotel has the best buffet on the strip by far. We'll stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony and square tub!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our 6th Vegas trip (8th for me) and we always stay somewhere different. Checked in at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday - no line. Room was ready after lunch - received a text (already had keys). Our terrace studio room overlooking the Bellagio fountains was fantastic!! Huge balcony - thoroughly enjoyed this. Room (2411) was very nice, clean, modern, bed was super comfortable. Loved the hello and goodbye switch. Only weird thing was not having drawers, but there are closet shelves and of course hangers for clothes. Pools are small - didn't visit the Marquee pool. Spent an hour at the West Tower pool on two different days - late afternoon. It was fine for what we needed, but to spend the day out there you need to get out early. Location of this hotel is perfect. Lots of options for food - we ate at Holstein's (good) and China Poblano (excellent). Coffee from Va Bene in the mornings. All staff were friendly and helpful. Construction on our floor went on during the day - we were never there for it to be a problem. Although we like to stay at different hotels, the balcony will bring us back at some point!

Room Tip: West tower overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Higher floor to avoid sirens from the Strip in early...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple