“Best & worst of Vegas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
EAST LONDON
“Best & worst of Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I'll never give a Vegas hotel a 5 because their principal concern is fleecing you rather than providing an excellent service. The cosmo is one of many beautiful hotels. situated between the (equally beautiful) Aria and the even better Bellagio, it's generally considered to have the best location on the entire strip given that when you come out of the Marquee exit, you're on the walk way bridge which separates one side of the strip from the other.

Positives: it's a beautiful hotel. Whilst it has no theme, it's contemporary, stylish and has numerous restaurants n bars. Marquee is possibly the best nightclub in Vegas, & it's pool parties are great fun. The boulevard pool is great as it overlooks the strip and you have some great photo opps.there is no cigarette smell, which being a non smoker from England is a god send. Some hotels, I walk through the casino and I'm almost choking. The atmosphere here is incredible. In the evening, unlike any hotel I have visited in Vegas, the hotel is just buzzing with excitement and pre party drinks at the bar by the strip entrance are a must.

Negatives: I feel the best thing about this hotel is merely the fact you can get a good view of other hotels (Paris & Bellagio fountains). Whilst it's a nice hotel as I said,the location is the only real unique selling point. This is Vegas, pretty hotels grow on trees and I think if it was located where the encore/wynn or Mandalay bay hotels are, it wouldn't be half as popular. If you decide to stay here, then do it properly. Get a terrace fountain view strip. It's the best feature of the hotel. I've seen other views that face the back and they are not great. Get a wraparound or fountain view and you'll be happy. The room: was ok, similar to 4 star hotels like the MGM grand even though it's a 5 star. We had a fountain view terrace which as I said is the only "wow" thing about the room. The shower/bath/ amenities, space, bed are what I've come to expect from a decent Vegas hotel. It has a kitchenette with no cutlary, a dish washer with no dishes, not even tea/coffee making facilities which render the kitchenette useless. Why must I bring my crockery to a 5 star hotel. The fridge? Don't touch it. there is a microwave but don't think of keeping stuff in the fridge to warm it up later. It is just for their minibar contents and moving anything in the fridge to make way for your stuff automatically triggers a charge. If you query it,you get told "feel free to bring your own fridge", quality customer care hey. The snacks, $6 for a coke, $9 for a pack of M&M's, is that a joke? Regardless of the fact walgreens is just across the walkway, how can they charge such with a straight face. The resort fee, which incorporates fitness facility use and WiFi, every Vegas hotel does it pretty much, and is the singular reason I'll never give any of you a 5. Can't you incorporate it into the price we pay? The last thing a guest at a "5 star hotel" wants to do is roll up and get hit with a slew of additional charges, deposits and holds. Checking out can also be a hassle. The Aria for example has a much cleaner process which dont involve you having to go to the lobby. Look, this is a great hotel. Based purely on aesthetics, I'd give it a 4.5 but the additional problems bring the rating down. To its defence,the issues are Vegas wide such as lack of in room facilities,extra charges, minibar fees, lack of personal care due to the sheer size of the venue etc. It's definitely over priced, but if you want a vibrant, modern hotel then you can do a lot worse than this.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas in April 2015 for business -- attending a conference at the hotel. While the place is nothing to really look at on the outside -- compared to the other Vegas extravaganzas -- the inside is very swank. The room was beautiful and very spacious w/a large living area, mini kitchen, huge bathroom and sleeping area. The best part for me was the view from the 55th floor and the balcony ...loved it. I sat out on the balcony and just soaked in the sights. The one down side was that my room overlooked the outdoo nightclub/concert venue and so I was bothered by the music and the crowd noise til 11:30 at night. I know i sound like an old fuddy duddy but i was in vegas on business and had early morning meetings ...couldn't be out to the wee hours of the morning.

The tv monitor in my sitting area didn't work for some reason but it didn't really matter as i used the 2nd tv in the bed room area.

The spa is amazing -- highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you are there for business with early morning meetings, ask to be in the West tower so you are no...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice hotel. Upon check in we were asked if we'd like to upgrade to a 1200 square foot sweet for an additional $75 per night. They said it usually runs for around 1000 per night. Didn't buy it but still took the deal. It probably was close because the room was very large and nice. The rap around balcony was a nice touch. A few things to note.

There were wine glasses left out on the balcony from the last visitors who stayed in the suite. House keeping had not cleaned them up. The tv in the master bedroom needed to be replaced. It has dead pixels in several parts of the screen. When house keeping did come and clean our room they did not replace our towels. For a suite that you claim in usually $1000 per night, you should have top of the line service. The suite was 2789 for any of you wondering. It overlooks both pools and has a great view of the strip.

Casino is great. Tons to look at and many places to dine. Center strip with easy access to planet hollywood and the mile shops. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: 2789 if you want a great view of the strip and the pools.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Sparks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The entire hotel is incredible! Daniel checked us in and, both of us working for a hotel, had plenty to talk about. I could tell it was a busy day but while he was worn out, he never complained and was extremely helpful the few times I came down with questions! Everything in our two suites was clean and ready for us and the view of the Bellagio Fountain out the West End tower was great!

My only comment would be a couple billing items. For one, both rooms hadn't had the minibar fully restocked before our 9pm arrival. Upon check-out there was a $50 minibar charge from the previous guest's stay. One of the rooms also didn't have two robes but it had the hangers for the robes letting us know of a charge would be applied if they weren't there.I completely understand charging but it's stressful on a leisure trip that you may get a $250 charge and not even get the robes!

Overall, the rooms were great as was our time in Vegas! The Cosmo is definitely the trendy and full of modern elegance that was exactly the vibe we needed! Definitely the only place I'll stay on my weekend roadtrips!

Plus it's a Marriott, so how could you not love it?

Room Tip: Book a normal room on a slow weekend and the do an in-person upgrade purchase!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife, a few friends, and myself are taking a trip to Vegas this year from November 25th - 30th. We picked this time of the year just because it was convenient for everyone's schedule. More than likely, we won't be there to eat Turkey the entire trip. Probably burgers lol. Me and wife traveled to Vegas last year for Labor Day weekend and had a ball! Is the crowd still the same around Thanksgiving or is the strip dead? Also, are the clubs still open around that time?? Thanks!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Postitives: Nice rooms, high standard, perfect for young groups partying, great location, marquee day club was amazing, views of the bellagio fountain,

Cons: Staff have attitude issues, some of us in our group were made to pay extra for breakfast, bill on checkout had masses of extras charges which weren't ours.

Vegas is incredible, would definitely return but perhaps try a different hotel with less of an ego next time.

Room Tip: View of the fountain. If you go high if you have a balcony views will be great but super windy.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Cosmopolitan has a great location, right on the Vegas strip and close to everything. We had a room on the 50th floor with a balcony. The room itself was breathtakingly beautiful - huge, modern style, an absolute delight to stay in. The view off the balcony was even better. Right over the Bellagio fountains, plus you could see the rest of the strip and the mountains in the distance. The room was impeccably clean and I never heard anyone else while I was in it.

My favorite part of the room has to be the bathroom - the shower was basically a huge room and the deep-soaking tub had a window looking over the strip. I could have spent the whole trip in the tub.

We had a problem at my check in when my spouse had already arrived and put my name on the room but it was not there when I tried to check in - apparently they had a "system upgrade." I had to wait for him to arrive, after being on a plane for four hours and experiencing some jet lag (traveling from New York). They were sympathetic and eventually offered us a $50 dining credit which we used toward the Wicked Spoon breakfast/brunch buffet. One could eat there every day and still not be able to experience everything. We also ordered very late-night room service which was delicious. We visited Holsteins as well which is casual but the cuisine is top-notch.

The Cosmpolitan has three pools - the Bamboo pool where we spent most of our time was low-key and relaxing. The Boulevard pool looked nice but we could not find a single open chair. The Marquee day club pool is definitely for the partiers - it was fun but not much space to sit without paying for bottle service ($200 minimum). Definitely arrive early to the pools!

I loved staying at the Cosmopolitan. I felt stylish, classy and very well taken care of. All staff are eager to please. Lots of amenities, beautiful rooms and views. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!