“Things you should know” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bacolod, Philippines
“Things you should know”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Whether you booked on line or through a travel agent, you have to pay a mandatory "resort fee" of 28 dlrs (tax included) per night. By doing so, you get wi-fi and unlimited local calls. When you call, dial 9-1-702-and the six-digit local number. If your room comes with breakfast, you are only given 2x complimentary at the Wicked Spoon regardless of the length of stay. If you go more than twice, be ready to pay 29.10 dlrs (tax included) for brunch from 8 to 3 pm. I would suggest you go before 10 as the place gets pretty crowded after. As I wrote in a previous review, the Wicked Spoon has the best buffet in Vegas bar none so you really get your money's worth. There is no pen in the room, just colored pencils and a highlighter. There is a microwave and bottle opener but no plates and utensils. Mini bar is motion sensitive so if you don't have intentions then don't. Strip and downtown express stations that will bring you to the outlets are located at the opposite entrance from the lobby if you are going south and across the street at Paris if you are going north. Be reminded that vending machines will only accept exact change so the most practical would be a 20 dlr pass which would allow you unlimited rides if you are here for just a short stay. The rooms are, well, very "cosmopolitan", modern chic themed, 2 large flat screen tv's, a deep square tub at the corner of the bedroom with a skyline view. Also, a terrace with lounge chairs for you to just chill. No clock in the room but everybody has a mobile phone anyway. Overall, truly a five-star experience.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,064)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great view. Enough room for 5 girls. Nice spacious balcony. We all had a great time there. Stayed a bit longer after check out and they held all our luggage for us which was cool because we didn't have to haul it all over the place with us. I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was in Vegas for business. I often stay at the Aria which is next the Cosmopolitan but it was booked. My room was on the 53rd floor and had an amazing view of the Bellagio Fountain and Eiffel Tower in Paris. At night, it was really amazing. What was even better was that there was a deck with a very comfortable chair. The room was nice and I noticed that I had HD TV Service (you often have a HD TV but not HD Service in hotels). The water pressure was great (I'm a big water pressure guy) and the HVAC was easy to work. The room was clean and looked new. Like many hotels in Vegas, the hotel is huge and it takes a while just to walk to the strip or even the Aria. The Sports Book was terrible so I just used the one in the Aria. The Casino was good although it was hard to find $5.00 blackjack tables. The taxi lines to the Convention Center were crazy long so I walked over to Bally's and took the monorail. There was a $30/day resort fee which bothers me but I think most of the hotels do that nowadays. I still don't like it since I did not use the gym. I do like the location of Cosmopolitan as it's close to the best parts of the Vegas strip. I have stayed in most of the hotels in Vegas and I would put the Cosmopolitan right up there.

Room Tip: Get a room that is very high with a deck that faces the Bellagio Fountain.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I flew out here with three mates to celebrate our 30th birthdays and The Cosmo did not fail us! They are very at tentative to guests, the rooms are unbelievable and huge in size, immaculately cleaned and the attention to detail is spot on. We had a view of the The Bellagio next to us and the fountain which gave some amazing views when it got dark.

Three swimming pools to choose from, bar service, we were really were spoilt for choice. And a bar right by Liberace's car??!! It did get VERY busy at the weekend but it's to be expected in Vegas.

I would stay here again in a flash!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

too big to be focused on good service. Very family unfriendly. Location is great. Resort fee is a con and it surely contravenes some consumer law as it is effectively a hidden charge. I would not recommend it to my friends.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed 5 ngts in Dec 2014 in a Fountain View Studio Rm. By far the best Las Vegas experience I have ever had. This is my 5th trip to Las Vegas but my first time staying at the Cosmopolitan. This place is beautiful and the customer service is the best I've experienced in a Las Vegas hotel. The great experience started with the check in desk clerk who was very warm and welcoming. We arrived prior to check in time and our room was ready! The clerk explained the hotel to us and gave us tickets to Rose, Rabbit, Lie Supper Club, for free.

The balcony room was everything I had hoped for. The Fountain View room comes with a beautiful view of the strip and Bellagio Fountains. We were on the 38th floor where we could see the snow covered mountain tops back behind the Palms Hotel to our left and more snow on the tops behind the Stratosphere. The temps in Dec were around forties in the evenings, sixties during the day. It was so nice to sit out on the balcony all bundled watching the fountains and listening to the sounds of Las Vegas!

Our room service breakfast was great for our first morning there. The flat screen TV ( there are 2) always had greetings Good Morning (Good Afternoon etc) and your name! Nice touch Cosmo!

The pool was turned into a skating rink for the holiday and they have fire pits to enjoy. Some were open to the public and there was also some for rent for your personal group. we made smores with the kits they sold there and enjoyed some hot chocolate and a movie that was showing on the side of the building! Entry is free but there is rental charge for skates. It was fun just to sit by the fire pit, cooks some marshmallows and watch the skaters and movie. There was also billiards and other gaming tables to play.

A great experience all the way around. This hotel is in a great location on the strip. The monorail stop is across the street at Bally's so it's easy to walk over there and take a monorail ride (with a purchased ticket) to go up and down the strip to enjoy Las Vegas with less walking. Also the Walgreens is right across the street for anything you might want for your room. They are open 24hrs. The Fountain View room is like a condo with a partial kitchen- microwave, sink, dishwasher, mini bar that has a small space to freeze a couple items in the bottom section- There is NO fridge space. Its home away from home!

The Wicked Spoon Buffet was very good. Lots of specialty items especially Asian foods and the desserts are beautiful!

Join the Identity Club before you book, you will get discounted room rates. Also use the card when you play, dine and shop. Treat yourself to room service or charge the buffet to the room, you will earn extra points this way and earn money to spend before you go home. Check with the Identity Club desk before you end your trip, you may have earned free play and /or money to shop! I earned both!

We took a Grand Canyon helicopter tour during our stay, they make it simple to plan and get picked up at your hotel and brought back by shuttle bus.

Room Tip: ask for fountain view with a high floor for the best views, get the Identity Club card for perks!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Let me first admit to being a Encore/Wynn loyalist when in comes to Vegas. In the past 5 years I have been to Vegas probably a dozen times times and stayed at Wynn/Encore all but twice. While this limits my comparisons in Vegas, I will also mention I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum (meaning I have spent at least 2 years in hotels just with Marriott) among having other hotel chain statuses.

The Cosmo meets every expectation of a high-end Vegas property. The amenities including restaurants, nightclubs, etc...are top notch. The staff was also exceptional, and having a separate check-in area for Marriott Elite members (not just a separate desk but a separate room) is a really nice unexpected touch.

I was upgraded to a Terrace Studio, one bedroom fountain view on a high floor. This room was a whole new view of Vegas! Overlooking the Bellagio fountain while standing on my balcony (yes, a balcony in Vegas) was quite amazing and will be hard to return to Vegas without. I usually find myself rushing in and out of my room when in Vegas, but this stay paused a number of times to sit outside and take in the amazing view.

The room itself was fantastic. From the sitting room being well organized with room to work and relax comfortably, to the amazing shower and tub that also has a large window with a great Vegas view.

In short, aside from all other amenities that are offered and make a visit to the Cosmo worthwhile, I would go back just for the balcony room even if all else were Vegas average. The good news everything else at the Cosmo exceeds anyway.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!