“Very good accommodation & location but we wouldn't go back” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #37 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very good accommodation & location but we wouldn't go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

The Cosmopolitan is clearly a beautiful hotel and is certainly well-positioned for all the attractions on the Strip. It is very aware of its quality though and, for me, this was an unattractive feature. I simply did not feel comfortable in the public areas - it all felt too showy; yes, I know to a certain extent that is Vegas, but I felt far more at home in the lobbies of the other hotels I visited while walking along the Strip than I did in the one in which I was staying. To a certain extent, that's down to a bad choice on my part (we were recommended this hotel by a travel agent and probably didn't do enough research of our own). Nevertheless, aspects such as a $25 daily charge to use the hotel's wifi (albeit as part of a resort fee) seemed to smack of exclusivity which did little to endear us to the place. That said, the room was beautiful - so quiet and restful, which, in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, is no mean feat. I hate those mini bars where you can be charged almost for breathing near the products though (of course, I exaggerate slightly) and felt this, again, was a sign of the hotel considering itself something special. I stand by my 'very good' rating but would advise that you check carefully whether this is the kind of place you want to be. For me, it was a bit too fancy and pleased with itself.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My friend and I always try to stay a few days at The Cosmopolitan. The rooms are always well kept, and the Gambling is fun during the day and at night. Cocktail service has improved since our last visit and Cocktail Server Rhea on the Gambling Floor is both Pretty & Efficient.

Room Tip: The higher the room the NICER the view from my experiences there.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

In my line of work I see a lot of hotels and I didn't really know much about the Cosmo, but when I was there I was blown away!! Rooms are massive and I mean massive, we could easily fit 15 people in a room. The one bed room terrace fountain view is beyond AMAZING, and to be the only hotel on the strip with a balcony we felt pretty special, especially when the fountains where going at the Bellagio. The staff are the best, unlike most hotels in Vegas they don't force staff to hide their tattoos and piercings, and really makes you feel like you're are around real people, not just a "Yes, sir" . . . All the facilities are awesome, Marquee night club (Number 2 club) is just great, the restaurants all so professional and delicious, bars have a cool point because if you don't feel like going to a club they have a little dance floor and open area bar which has an awesome vibe. But the best thing is the "Hide Pizza Place" it's on the 3nd floor from memory, it's a pizza shop without a name down this little walk way. BEST, and I mean BEST pizza I have ever had in my life.!! Awesome location, easy to get too, just outta the park this hotel!! See you guys in December!!

Room Tip: Fountain view is the best!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This hotel was great for people under 35 years. The pool area always had music but wasn't too intense if you were a bit hungover. The front desk staff were really friendly and we got upgraded, which was an added bonus. Rooms are massive, really clean and new and the beds are the best! We struggled to get out them. Also good for night clubs and restaurants and is in a good position on the strip. Only thing that was a let down, was wifi was $15 per night. We were two 24 year old females travelling

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed at The Cosmopolitan this August for our wedding. We stayed in a Terrace Suite (fountain view). We were considering upgrading to a Wrap Around Suite, however, we are glad we didn't. Some of our bridesmaids stayed in a Wrap Around Suite and they did not get a fountain view. The fountain view made our experience at The Cosmo much better. It was so nice to walk out of the balcony and see the fountains going off frequently.

CHECK IN
Check in went smoothly. The front desk staff were very pleasant and eager to help. They provided plenty of detail and made sure we knew to contact them for any questions or concerns throughout our trip.

STAFF
Everyone was so friendly from the concierge to the cleaning staff.

ROOMS (City Room, Terrace Suite, Wrap Around etc.)
During our stay we got to see the Terrace Studio, Terrace Suite, City View Room, and Wrap Around Suite. All the rooms were clean, modern, and comfortable. I must say we enjoyed our suite the most. It was perfect for the two of us. Our suite had two bathrooms (one in our room with double sinks, soaker tub, and shower, the other had a shower), a living room, large balcony, full kitchen (full fridge), dining table, etc.

POOLS
I visited the Boulevard pool my first night for a concert. It was a neat outdoor set up. We spent most afternoons laying by the Bamboo pool. The food was awesome there.

RESTAURANTS
The Wicked Spoon Buffet is worth checking out. If you are going for breakfast, make sure you go before 10:30 AM, otherwise it gets crazy. Keep in mind they have a carry out option for the dinner buffet. Its $20 opposed to $40. The carry out container is a decent size too. You can beat the line ups that way.

Va Bene has really good coffee and an awesome breakfast sandwich

Room Tip: For special occasions or just regular stay I highly recommend staying in the Terrace Suite. Not to b...
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Hotel loolks great from the outside and check in area with a lot of common areas look upscale and fashionable. Unfortunately, this is were it ends in the Cosmopolitan. Check in is extremely confusing and very long. Instead of 1 line where everyone stands and waits, there are about 12 or more lines to individual check in clerks, so basically its a luck of the draw, it could take 20 minutes or hour and a half to check in. Its very possible that a person comes there after you, finds a faster line and already is in his/her room, while you are still in line waiting. I still wonder who the genius is to come up with this system. The room was not available at 5pm and the cleanlisee of the room was spotty. Also, clerks at check in are pushing the upgrades hard and lose interest in you if you dont wish to upgrade. This is not a 5 star hotel service, there are other hotels in the area on both sides of the Cosmopolitan that offer exceptional service. Checking out was also a mess. Please stay away from this place, its just not worth all the aggravations. Yes, its beautiful, but there are other beautiful properties in Las Vegas where you are treated so much better

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

The Cosmopolitan is the newest of the mega-resorts on the Las Vegas strip. It is a very modern property that caters to upscale nightlife. Originally intended for residences, the Cosmo is the only one of the major hotels on the strip to have balconies.

Rooms are very large and of course impeccable clean. The bed and pillows were firm, but not stiff. Linens are top quality. The staff is excellent and there are plenty of restaurants, clubs, shopping, and of course the casino. In room mini-bar is well stocked, but expensive of course. The spa is also one of the best we've encountered in a hotel.

The property is part of Marriott's 'Autograph Collection' so you can redeem those points here. They really take care of Platinum Marriott Rewards members - such as upgrades (even on a non-revenue stay in my case) and a special reception desk away from the main one.

Speaking of reception desk - try not to check-in at peak times (mid-late afternoon), the lines and wait can easily exceed 30 minutes. Marriott folks - your secret desk is just inside the main entrance on the left to avoid this.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the fountain at the Bellagio. Great show in the evenings.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!