“Great location but hotel room was a bit of a let down.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #37 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location but hotel room was a bit of a let down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

First thing to say about the cosmopolitan is that it's in a fantastic location in the heart of Vegas on the main strip, next to the famous bellagio and if you're lucky enough you can get a room overlooking the fountains. The casino and facilities are great and very fancy! The rooms however were a let down. The noise from the strip below comes through very clearly, they don't give you so much as a complimentary water or any tea/coffee making facilities in the room, and they aren't very clean. The main things like the sinks, toilet, shower and beds are clean but the walls, glass toilet door, the desk and bedsides look like they've never been wiped and the carpet looks like it hasn't been vacuumed in the corners and around the perimeter of the room. Such a let down for such a high class hotel. Our toilet was also continuously flushing so we needed to call reception as soon as we arrived to fix this. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,881)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you are a Marriott elite frequent traveler like me, then run away quickly. First of all, they don't even tell you this is a Marriott property for those that frequent their properties globally and you know what I mean if you travel often. The check in took over 45 minutes waiting on line. I paid an extra fee for a King Bed, not an upgrade--a King Bed, because I didn't know this was a Marriott property until two days later and when I told them that I was a Gold member--which usually means an upgrade to a king bed or better room, the upgrade fee to a King bed was not taken off. On the first night, I received a lovely welcome card...the problem is that my name is not Mr.Smith. Breakfast or access to the lounge is also included with my Gold status but such was not provided either or even mentioned.

The room was very nice all the way around. Beautiful bathroom and very spacious room. Lighting around the work desk was almost non-existent. The wifi was so so.

The check out line was out the door and decided to just dial in to check out. I asked if my bill would be sent via email and nothing ever came. I asked them if they had my Marriott Gold number so I can be credited my points and they confirmed it as well. Two weeks later, I had to call the main Marriott number so I can have my bill sent to me and nearly two weeks ago when I asked about my credited points, they confirmed it would be done. Nothing to date.

I received an email from a staff at the Cosmopolitan Autograph Lounge once again referring to me as Mr.Smith, even though they were informed by Marriott.com of who I was and my Gold member profile clearly states what my real name is actually. I then heard from a Manager and while very nice of him to do so and offer me an upgrade room for my return stay, I already spent an hour sharing my thoughts with Marriott.com and really have zero interest in going back to Las Vegas for an upgrade room when all I wanted was a copy of my bill and my credited Marriott points.

After a few back/forth emails...I still don't see the points for my stay credited to my account and the last email from the Cosmo manager once again called me by yet another name. If you are 19 and none of this matters to you, then this is an awesome and happening place. If you are going to Las Vegas for business and you're an elite Marriott business traveler...then you will be rudely surprised. Unless you like being called a different name at least three times, waiting 45 minutes for check in/out, not getting your bill online, not getting your Marriott points, and having to pay for a fee for King bed which usually comes with being an elite member.

Mr.Smith...my new name, according to The Cosmopolitan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We travelled to USA/Vegas for our honeymoon in April 2014 and stayed in the venetian to begin with. On our final night back in Las Vegas (having travelled from Las Vegas - San Fran - LA - Las Vegas) was spent at the cosmopolitan. Wow such an amazing hotel, so much so we wish we had stayed here for the first part of our travels! As it was only for one night I booked us a terrace suite with views of the Bellagio fountains. We were not disappointed and did not want to fly home the day after! The views were amazing! Location is also much better and more central on the strip. Love love love this hotel and if we return to Vegas in the future it will certainly be the hotel I book!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a fountain view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I ´d like to register here my profound dissatisfaction with the treatment I received at this Hotel. I got there on April 18th, accompanied by some friends. We were on vacation and were looking forward to having a wonderful time. But things got real messy on the third day (the 20th, therefore). I was staying in a room on 44th floor, together with a friend. Suddenly, in the middle of the night, at two o´clock in the morning, we heard a siren followed by a fire alarm. We then started to evacuate the rooms and run desperately downstairs for our lives. It was a horrible scene to witness: parents carrying their half-asleep childern under their arms, eldery people having trouble following the others and being left behind.

Well, once we got to ground floor and looked for help in the reception - we were mostly on our sleeping clothes - we found out it was a false alarm. At this point you might think it is already bad enough. Buit it gets worse. The clerks, besides not having the slightest idea of what was going on, totally ignored us and didn´t take the trouble of helping or instructing their guests.

The next day, all we got as a compensation was a 50-dollar credit on the Hotel restaurant. Was it some kind of joke? Yes, probably - and a pretty bad taste one!

I finish my report posing a serious question: as a 70-year-old lady (I´m also brazilian, but I speak fluent english and I was travelling with a group of friends - in such a way that I didn´t have to face the language barrier or be alone in that moment of despair): what kind of security does the Hotel offer to its guests? And what kind of consideration does it have for their lives?
Curtir · · há 2 segundos

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have just checked out and I am on my way back home to the UK. What can I say, me and my wife have just spent 6 wonderful nights as the Cosmopolitan. We arrived after travelling 21 hours, we were greeted by the receptionist who (without asking) upgraded us to a one bed fountain Balcony room in the East Tower (the one nearest to the strip) we were on floor 57. The room was a good size and the bathroom/shower/Japanese sunken tub was quite big. The view from the balcony was amazing, not only could you watch the fountains at the Bellagio, but the view of the strip was amazing.

Included in our package was the breakfast buffet, but it was more like brunch. The choice of food was great and needless to say the quality was very good.

We ventured out to the boulevard pool a couple of times, the last time (Thursday) the weekend crowd were starting to appear in town and there was a noticeable difference in both the numbers of people and the ages of the guests.

We aren't big gamblers and we were a bit perturbed when we arrived walking through the casino table minimum limits of $25, but once we had recharged our batteries and had a good look around the casino the table minimums were $15 in the night and $10 up to about 6pm.

We ate at Holsteins on the first night because we wanted something quick and easy after our long journey, the food was great.

For the first 4 days we were getting cabs to both the Premium Outlets North and to Town Square (best place for A&F), we then had to visit Town Square again on our last day or raid the Abercrombie & Fitch Outlet, we decided to take the bus, which stops right outside the casino. This was great value $8 for a 24hr pass and the bus goes from the premium outlets north to the south outlets.

Room Tip: Choose a fountain view balcony room, on a high floor in the East Tower
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

5 stars for the hotel, rooms, view, beds, bathrooms, pools, restaurants, buffet and location.

Only downfall is the slots just don't pay "and I tried all of them"! The free play system is mickey mouse. You have to put your own money in for the free play to work. Very confusing. They need to fix this. Also, they need to negotiate a deal with other casinos to create a connection card. It would be nice to be able to visit other casinos during a 5 day stay and still be able to build your record of play.

Room Tip: cant go wrong with any room but always request an upgrade. they usually accomodate
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Me and my Wife wanted to try to separate hotels whilst in Vegas, we spent the first half of the trip at The Wynn and the latter at The Cosmo. I wish we hadn't have bothered with the change.
You don't get a luxury feel when you are there, everything seems very false. Just things like the room not being left with enough towels and no toilet roll being left. Simple things that good hotels (such as the Wynn) don't get wrong. They don't have a check in line, its a bit of a free for all when it's busy.
I can't see this hotel lasting the way its going and the crowd it attracts, it is getting run down very quickly.
All in all it seems ok for a party but if you want to go to Vegas and stay in a great hotel with great service, try somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!