“Amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My personal favorite hotel of Las Vegas is the Cosmopolitan! Awesome room, excellent service and cleanliness WOW!

Their staff members do go out of their way to make sure everything is smoooth for you. The best part is the Bellman working outside actually recognize their guest and greets them with their names and give them personal handshakes!

Oh yeah, Wicked Spoon is the place to EAT!!!!! personal favorite buffet of Las Vegas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

7,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,625)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Unfortunately this time around really stunk.. From the horrible wait time to check in, the lines at the elevators, the dusty rooms.. Took forever to get a cocktail waitress while spending money on the casino floor, hire more people... Was here for the Marathon, asked for a 5am and a 5:15am wake up call, never got either of them:( almost late for the race. When I called the operator, she could have cared less... What if I missed my flight? Cosmo gonna pay for it? NOT... Hospitality, remember that, that is the industry... Hospitality..

thanks

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The property is nice with a great location. However, the service and staff are nowhere near as good. One of our primary reasons for staying at Cosmo was that guests get added to the Marquee guest list and get 2 complimentary admissions per room. We had a bad experience at Marquee where they kept stalling us and wouldn't let us in although they let lots of other guests behind us in (while giving us a different excuse and moving us from guest list line to the general line and then back to the guest list line). The staff at Marquee was clearly racist. When we went to the Cosmo lobby to complain they made us talk to two different managers who kept telling us "let me see what we can do" and disappeared for several mins each time. In the end after 45 mins they give us the "we don't own Marquee" spiel and told us they couldn't help us.

Even when we had checked in we had an issue in the lobby where they issued all key cards under the same name and then took 30 mins to redo the keys. Staff at restaurants was not much different.

Also be aware that the casino here is smaller or at least way more cramped than other resorts around the strip.

Overall I think you can do a lot better than Cosmo for your Vegas getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just finished a 4 day business stay as the Cosmo. When I arrived the check in lines were pretty good and they gave me the option to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with a balcony from the standard city view room the company paid for. $25 seemed worth it so I did, and it was definitely good advice. HUGE room, HUGE shower room, great Japanese soaking tub, LOVED the outdoor balcony space since so few places in vegas have outdoor space, good living room space, nice desk. My room faced the strip so I could easily watch the comings and going. Liked that a LOT. No coffee maker in the kitchenette area and when I asked about it was told they used to have them but people kept stealing them. My guess is this speaks to the younger crowd they encourage because really...who in their 50's is going to steal a coffee maker you can get at walmart for $12? If I was staying for 4 days again, I'd go to walmart and buy one...much cheaper than $5 for a cup of coffee downstairs. This place definitely caters to a younger crowd. Questionably 21 year olds with beers in their hands who were clearly dragging and still dressed from the night before roamed the main floor as I passed by to get outside and jog. Girls looked really rough with messed up hair, make up, no shoes, and that glazed look that says "what just happened". The food is CRAZY expensive in this place. $35 for breakfast, $20 for a salad for lunch. Well over $100 for dinner if you have a glass of wine. My 5 cents is that the rooms in this place are wonderful and I"d stay again for that reason. The common areas and the rest of it however clearly cater to the young "I just broke a bunch of stuff and I'm not sorry" crowd so the rooms tend to have things that don't work, the staff seems to have difficulty keeping the common areas clean due to the destruction, and the lack of caring by that crowd of guests doesn't show well. Lively happening place at night for that age group I will say however, and the pool area was always reminiscent of spring break

Room Tip: Stay in the East Tower overlooking the strip. The outdoor space makes it worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

There is no other words to say about this hotel, amazing and wonderful hotel, from service to room, location. And the best part that we got UPGRADE to SUITE room for no reason yeah!!!!!!
The room is so HUGE with 3 restroom, laundry, small kitchen, bar, balcony, living room and so many things that make our trip was so pleasant and memoriable.
Location is best which you can access to everywhere in this city, well mostly is casino.
The view and sounproof window just another perfect additional point for this hotel. And for those who want to rent a car, they have a agent desk every lobby inside the hotel called Henzt and you can take the car from the hotel and just dropped off in the airport, so convenience!!!!
To sum up, this hotel made our trip was unforgottable ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

A group of 17 women went for a friend's 50th birthday celebration. The rooms were not cleaned very well. There was a green M&M on the floor and we watched it sit there the 3 days we were there. None of us were eating M&M's so god knows how long it had been there. I felt like there were lines everywhere. There was a line for the elevator, a line to check in a line for the gym. It felt like a mall at christmas. We tried to go to the bar and found a table that was dirty, the waitress would not clean it and the bartender was too busy to make our drinks. When we tried to address our issues with management they told us they were sold out so the hotel was busier than usual. That in my opinion is not an excuse they charge a premium price so I expect premium service, I've had better service at a La Quinta.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hotel checked me in on my arrival date around 2:00 PM and was told a room would be available "soon". Was given a room card with no number and was told when a room was available, I would be given a call on my cell phone.

Two hours later and no response. Went back to the cattle call of newly arriving guests. Finally, told an attendant that I was not happy. Gave her my information and was directed to Angelo, the Front Desk Manager. Was given a room in a different tower.

Checked in and could not get internet access. Called and found it was included, but not working. Was given a "code". Code did not work. Bought internet access and waiting for the day to leave this place.

Warning: If someone hands you a room key without a room number and says we'll be right with you....don't believe it. Life is too short to deal with these policies and procedures.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!