“Can't Wait to Return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I normally stay at The Mandarin Oriental, but wanted to stay in a hotel with a casino for this trip. We picked this place based on a couple of recommendations from friends and I'm so glad that we did. We really enjoyed this hotel a lot & have decided it's our new spot in Vegas. The service is not 5 star like the Mandarin, but it was still very good and we have no complaints. We enjoyed the more relaxed and fun atmosphere that The Cosmopolitan offers. The room was very nice and we loved the lay out even better than the corner suite we normally stay in at Mandarin. The view of the fountain show was spectacular. We didn't use the balcony as much as we thought we would, but it was still a nice perk.

We were very happy with the selection of restaurants in the hotel as well. We tried Holsteins, Wicked Spoon, Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill, the secret pizza place and room service. We were happy with all of the food and service that we received. We loved Blue Ribbon so much that we went 2 nights in a row! We also loved that the Wicked Spoon offers a modern twist on the typical Vegas buffet. Chandelier and Vesper Bar are both great lounges for drinks, chit-chat & people watching.

We didn't make it to the pool, but I did spend a day in Sahra Spa. The Spa is ever so slightly less luxurious in the common areas than Mandarin's spa, but not enough to keep me from enjoying myself or from returning. It was a wonderful, relaxing way to spend the day. All of the treatments I received were top notch.

Looking forward to a return trip and trying out STK and Rose.Rabbit.Lie.

Room Tip: Fountain view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,011)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed at Cosmo multiple times and I have always had a great experience. The hotel itself is phenomenal, but the service aspect could be improved. The initial desk experience isn't that great, but the rooms are always great. There was a weird smell in the lobby on the last visit, but it didn't effect the floors with the restaurants, so I guess it wasn't a big deal. Overall, if you are looking for a place to stay in Vegas this is about it good as it gets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Apollo Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

At first glance, the crystal chandeliers and the beads streaming from the ceiling are breath-taking, then you walk through the lobby into the casino area which is very ordinary - I guess there is not much you can do with machines. The rooms were a bit dirty and stained for this classification of hotel and the money spent. The house cleaning staff could stand a bit more instruction on how to re-supply the towels, soaps and paper products. Not having hot water or knowing this was a problem until getting ready to go out for the evening was a bit disconcerting. However, the front desk staff was wonderful and very helpful in the end. All of the cocktail and wait staff we encountered were very pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a great view of the area - we were on floor 51 to the left of the Bellagio an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my first trip to Vegas; I have never had any desire to go before but I was attending a conference held at the Cosmopolitan last week. After staying here for four nights, I'd come back to Vegas in a heartbeat - but I'd only stay at the Cosmo. It makes the rest of the hotels on the strip look rundown and tired. It's young, fun and sexy. It wasn't outrageously expensive. The room service and gym were both great, and the rooms were large, comfortable and modern.

My husband joined me for part of the trip so we had the opportunity to go out a lot, and ended up spending much of our time at the Cosmopolitan rather than leaving. We LOVED Rose.Rabbit.Lie. It was very unique and fun, and the food and cocktails are fantastic. Holsteins is also tasty. Marquee was funny - it was absolutely packed one night, and completely dead the next. But we did get free entrance as hotel guests, which was nice.

My only small complaint is that I booked a 1-bedroom terrace room and realized late into the trip that I had actually been given a studio terrace room, though no one told me that at check in. I guess they were all out of 1-bedrooms so they downgraded me without telling me. My colleague, however, was given an enormous upgrade to a ridiculous corner suite. I was a little peeved when I realized that, but the front desk attendant was very helpful and helped to reconcile my bill upon checkout.

I would - and hope to - stay here again. I'm a Vegas convert thanks to The Cosmopolitan!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First trip to Vegas and chose this hotel on recommendations from a friend. The hotel was just breath taking from the moment we arrived outside until getting in to our room. The check in service was easy and the staff went out their way to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay. Our room was perfect and was just beautiful. We had a view of Vegas from our balcony and was supplied with everything we needed. We had lots to do within the hotel and made our trip special. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. It's in the heart of the strip and access to everywhere is available from the hotel. So glad this was my first hotel I stayed in within Vegas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Macomb, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel. It is so beautiful inside and the rooms are very elegant. Their breakfast buffet is one of the best on the Strip, would highly recommend it. The breakfast is the only buffet we have tried, but based on how delicious the breakfast is,l I would guess lunch and dinner is just has good. One of the little things I really like about the hotel is that in the parking garage it shows you all the parking spots that are open. There is a small light above the parking spot and if it is green that is an open spot and a red light shows you that the parking spot is occupied. . It is a silly thing but it is very helpful when you are looking for a parking spot.
Really enjoyed are stay and the hotel and would definely go back and recommend to everyon

Room Tip: The hotel prices lower during the week and come Friday they go up, but that is the same for all the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Cosmo is a great hotel that is located in the middle of the Strip. The rooms are extremely well designed and the staff is very friendly. We had an incredible view of the Belligio water show. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!