“THE place to stay in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Boston, MA
“THE place to stay in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my first trip to Vegas; I have never had any desire to go before but I was attending a conference held at the Cosmopolitan last week. After staying here for four nights, I'd come back to Vegas in a heartbeat - but I'd only stay at the Cosmo. It makes the rest of the hotels on the strip look rundown and tired. It's young, fun and sexy. It wasn't outrageously expensive. The room service and gym were both great, and the rooms were large, comfortable and modern.

My husband joined me for part of the trip so we had the opportunity to go out a lot, and ended up spending much of our time at the Cosmopolitan rather than leaving. We LOVED Rose.Rabbit.Lie. It was very unique and fun, and the food and cocktails are fantastic. Holsteins is also tasty. Marquee was funny - it was absolutely packed one night, and completely dead the next. But we did get free entrance as hotel guests, which was nice.

My only small complaint is that I booked a 1-bedroom terrace room and realized late into the trip that I had actually been given a studio terrace room, though no one told me that at check in. I guess they were all out of 1-bedrooms so they downgraded me without telling me. My colleague, however, was given an enormous upgrade to a ridiculous corner suite. I was a little peeved when I realized that, but the front desk attendant was very helpful and helped to reconcile my bill upon checkout.

I would - and hope to - stay here again. I'm a Vegas convert thanks to The Cosmopolitan!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First trip to Vegas and chose this hotel on recommendations from a friend. The hotel was just breath taking from the moment we arrived outside until getting in to our room. The check in service was easy and the staff went out their way to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay. Our room was perfect and was just beautiful. We had a view of Vegas from our balcony and was supplied with everything we needed. We had lots to do within the hotel and made our trip special. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. It's in the heart of the strip and access to everywhere is available from the hotel. So glad this was my first hotel I stayed in within Vegas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Macomb, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel. It is so beautiful inside and the rooms are very elegant. Their breakfast buffet is one of the best on the Strip, would highly recommend it. The breakfast is the only buffet we have tried, but based on how delicious the breakfast is,l I would guess lunch and dinner is just has good. One of the little things I really like about the hotel is that in the parking garage it shows you all the parking spots that are open. There is a small light above the parking spot and if it is green that is an open spot and a red light shows you that the parking spot is occupied. . It is a silly thing but it is very helpful when you are looking for a parking spot.
Really enjoyed are stay and the hotel and would definely go back and recommend to everyon

Room Tip: The hotel prices lower during the week and come Friday they go up, but that is the same for all the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Cosmo is a great hotel that is located in the middle of the Strip. The rooms are extremely well designed and the staff is very friendly. We had an incredible view of the Belligio water show. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice enough hotel. Lobby was dark and bleak in my estimation. Had no formal line for check in or out so had to shuffle for a spot but at least someone was there to guide use. Room wasn't ready, but told it would be in 45 min and they would contact us by text. An hour later still no notice so we had to contact a supervisor who promptly got us a room. This would not have been an issue with me if they hadn't charged me an extra $50 for late check out. Another hotel that nickels and dimes you which appears to be the norm now days. $25 resort fee that includes internet but if you wanted the full use of internet rather than basic you had to pay extra. With the $25 could use the fitness club, but, guess what, no locker, and if you wanted a shower you could go to the spa and was told it would cost me $40.00. Water would have to be charged to the room. What ever happened to the fitness room where you got locker, robe, sandals, water or juice included along with sauna, steam room and hot tub! The room was comfortable enough, but nothing special. Couldn't understand the sliding door that would cover the bathroom entrance when closet was open and cover the closet when bathroom was open. Couldn't understand the shower with clear glass window that overlooked the sleeping area. I wouldn't mind seeing a girlfriend shower naked but my brother, son, or friend? They did have a blind you could pull down to cover the glass, but hey. House keeping was adequate but one of the days they didn't make our room despite the fact that when we left the housekeeper was right outside our room. We did call the front desk in the evening and they sent someone up to make up our room. Nice view overlooked the Bellagio fountain and frequently saw water shows. The casino seemed smaller than others in the area but not a big deal to me. Ate at several restaurants. Brunch at the buffet on Sunday was good. A Mexican-Chinese restaurant (not sure what it was called) was different and good but pricey. The steak house was a typical steak house with prices comparable to others in LV, and typical a la carte items. Steak was good, prepared to my liking and the service was also good. Recommended wine was good and reasonable for a restaurant like this. Worth the Price? I suppose relative to and equal to other similar steak houses. For my money I preferred Hugo's Cellar and the steak was just as good and included salad, potato, vegetables with the steak and service was truly outstanding! Best place in the hotel was the Vesper bar. Bartenders were the best, and the atmosphere was exciting at night. But again dark and bleak. Some information was not provided at check in like the variable cost of the internet. Extra charges for shower, etc. Even though I had reserved a room for two, fitness center would not allow use of the center by the second guest because name was not on registry. Silly I thought. Overall a nice hotel. Centrally located. But would have preferred to stay at the Bellagio, Aria, etc.

Room Tip: Bellagio side with view of fountain, Paris, other hotels on the strip was good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The conference facilities were quite nice. Our room was large and we enjoyed having a balcony, although it faced away from the Strip since we didn't pay extra for a view. Everything was incredibly overpriced at the hotel, which feels a bit like it is trying to hard to be modern and cool. We were charged for items from the minibar that we didn't use, but the staff immediately rectified this at check-out. My main complaint was the cleaning. There were overflowing trash cans on our floor at several points during our stay. On the second day, when we hadn't received housekeeping service by 4pm, I called to ask about it and was told that they didn't automatically clean the room daily, but they certainly could reserve a time to do ours in the future. I was shocked. I have stayed at 2 star hotels that all clean the room daily. During the phone call, the housekeeper arrived, so I think she was just running late. I am not sure why the guest services person would make up such a bizarre excuse and act like daily housekeeping was an odd expectation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January. I frequently travel to vegas a few times a year. I enjoy staying at different hotels and now due to the Cosmopolitan it will be very difficult to stay anywhere but there. Great service. The restaurants are amazing. The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated. We had a 1 bedroom suite it was like a condo fully equipped , which we didn't get to enjoy because of our busy schedule that week. The front desk manager Connie Kim went out if her way to make our stay truly amazing. I would recommend anyone wanting to stay in Vegas to stay at the Cosmopolitan. The staff are amazing, even the valet was prompt.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!