“Recent visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Recent visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice enough hotel. Lobby was dark and bleak in my estimation. Had no formal line for check in or out so had to shuffle for a spot but at least someone was there to guide use. Room wasn't ready, but told it would be in 45 min and they would contact us by text. An hour later still no notice so we had to contact a supervisor who promptly got us a room. This would not have been an issue with me if they hadn't charged me an extra $50 for late check out. Another hotel that nickels and dimes you which appears to be the norm now days. $25 resort fee that includes internet but if you wanted the full use of internet rather than basic you had to pay extra. With the $25 could use the fitness club, but, guess what, no locker, and if you wanted a shower you could go to the spa and was told it would cost me $40.00. Water would have to be charged to the room. What ever happened to the fitness room where you got locker, robe, sandals, water or juice included along with sauna, steam room and hot tub! The room was comfortable enough, but nothing special. Couldn't understand the sliding door that would cover the bathroom entrance when closet was open and cover the closet when bathroom was open. Couldn't understand the shower with clear glass window that overlooked the sleeping area. I wouldn't mind seeing a girlfriend shower naked but my brother, son, or friend? They did have a blind you could pull down to cover the glass, but hey. House keeping was adequate but one of the days they didn't make our room despite the fact that when we left the housekeeper was right outside our room. We did call the front desk in the evening and they sent someone up to make up our room. Nice view overlooked the Bellagio fountain and frequently saw water shows. The casino seemed smaller than others in the area but not a big deal to me. Ate at several restaurants. Brunch at the buffet on Sunday was good. A Mexican-Chinese restaurant (not sure what it was called) was different and good but pricey. The steak house was a typical steak house with prices comparable to others in LV, and typical a la carte items. Steak was good, prepared to my liking and the service was also good. Recommended wine was good and reasonable for a restaurant like this. Worth the Price? I suppose relative to and equal to other similar steak houses. For my money I preferred Hugo's Cellar and the steak was just as good and included salad, potato, vegetables with the steak and service was truly outstanding! Best place in the hotel was the Vesper bar. Bartenders were the best, and the atmosphere was exciting at night. But again dark and bleak. Some information was not provided at check in like the variable cost of the internet. Extra charges for shower, etc. Even though I had reserved a room for two, fitness center would not allow use of the center by the second guest because name was not on registry. Silly I thought. Overall a nice hotel. Centrally located. But would have preferred to stay at the Bellagio, Aria, etc.

Room Tip: Bellagio side with view of fountain, Paris, other hotels on the strip was good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,833)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The conference facilities were quite nice. Our room was large and we enjoyed having a balcony, although it faced away from the Strip since we didn't pay extra for a view. Everything was incredibly overpriced at the hotel, which feels a bit like it is trying to hard to be modern and cool. We were charged for items from the minibar that we didn't use, but the staff immediately rectified this at check-out. My main complaint was the cleaning. There were overflowing trash cans on our floor at several points during our stay. On the second day, when we hadn't received housekeeping service by 4pm, I called to ask about it and was told that they didn't automatically clean the room daily, but they certainly could reserve a time to do ours in the future. I was shocked. I have stayed at 2 star hotels that all clean the room daily. During the phone call, the housekeeper arrived, so I think she was just running late. I am not sure why the guest services person would make up such a bizarre excuse and act like daily housekeeping was an odd expectation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January. I frequently travel to vegas a few times a year. I enjoy staying at different hotels and now due to the Cosmopolitan it will be very difficult to stay anywhere but there. Great service. The restaurants are amazing. The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated. We had a 1 bedroom suite it was like a condo fully equipped , which we didn't get to enjoy because of our busy schedule that week. The front desk manager Connie Kim went out if her way to make our stay truly amazing. I would recommend anyone wanting to stay in Vegas to stay at the Cosmopolitan. The staff are amazing, even the valet was prompt.

• Stayed January 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

At checkout we informed them that maid service forgot to leave wash cloths or floor mat. Had a blood stain on white sheet over duvet. No hot water due to pump issues we were told so had to waste water for 5 minutes waiting for it to warm up. My friend's sink leaked and shower head seemed to drip 24/7 wasting more water. Front desk refunded two days of resort fees to make up for it which helps. As a new hotel surprised by big stains on carpet flooring in our room too. Liked the view from our room very much and centralized location on the strip but will explore other options in the vicinity next time. Good rate as a new hotel through my agent sister but expected better for the hype.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

So much to do with out having to be gaming. This is the hotel you need to stay in when traveling to Las Vegas. Easy to get to. And the best of all worlds. No Riff Raff Here . No matter what you are looking to do there is plenty to do just inside this hotel. From the underground parking garage to the elevators and the decor of all the floors . This place makes me feel at home where I wanna be.

Room Tip: Strip View or West View is fine. Corner room is the best .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thief River Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Cosmpolitan 4 times in the past 2 years with another 9 day stay coming up in May 2014. I have to say, by far, it is my favorite hotel of all that I have stayed in in Las Vegas. I have stayed at 3-4 other casino hotels in Las Vegas and regret not staying at the Cosmo everytime. The rooms are huge, and the views from the terrace overlooking the Bellagio fountains are spectacular. My favorite places to eat within the hotel are the secret pizza, Holstiens, Comme Ca, The Henry, and they have excellent Chai tea at Va Benne Caffe. Also the Wicked Spoon has an excellent buffet. Love this place!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a terrace suite with Bellagio Fountain view. Well worth the extra price!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Southern US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Cosmopolitan for a business trip. We arrived around midnight and, despite a confirmed reservation, they had no room available for my colleague. They put us together in a huge suite with a great view of the Bellagio fountains. It was a nice room with separate bedrooms and a huge living area and three bathrooms, but it was still a little awkward to have an unplanned roommate situation.

This is definitely a place for adults. When I tried to find a Bible in the nightstand, I found a hard cover X-rated "art" book. If you're not used to indoor smoking in your state, you should be aware that there are a lot of areas where it is allowed in Vegas.

The location was wonderful and the staff was very friendly. There is a mall very close by with some great restaurants, and, in the hotel, Holsteins and the hidden pizza place were great as well. The pizza place has no tables, and they had no boxes, so I had to take my pizza back to my room on a paper plate, which was a little awkward.

I was there for a conference, and the food was pretty good, except they served hard boiled eggs that you had to peel, which would have been OK except I was not able to sit at a table to eat.

The hotel Wifi was very fast for the conference, which was great. The room was very quiet at night, and it was fun to see the fountains and the lights on the strip.

There are two gyms. I only used the one in the West tower. It was a little small for the size of the hotel. A lot of the space was taken by a boxing ring (?), and the ellipticals were in high demand. Not being able to get a machine when you need it is super annoying when you are paying $20 per day extra for the privilege of using the gym. A three day pass is $50. Even though my college and I each bought the pass, they put two additional $20 charges for her, which they say they'll refund.

Overall, I would stay here again for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!