“Excellent Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom terrace wrap around view of the strip and Bellagio. Fantastic view!!! We had a rocky start with some confusion over our booking- apparently if you want Bellagio/strip view you have to specify Bellagio not strip or you will get the view of the Aria car park! Anyway, the room was nice and clean with wifi etc. The room has a "kitchen" but does not have kitchen utensils - not an issue as there are many great restaurants downstairs in the hotel. Nice size bathroom and has a functioning washer and dryer which is useful when you have a luggage of dirty clothes. The hotel has 2 main pool areas - one reserved only for guests (serenity) and one for guests and the general public (trendy with great DJs). Very well air conditioned when the outside temperature is 47degree Celsius! Great housekeeping. Only recommendation is to provide a kettle and tea/coffee for the room as it would be nice to unwind without going down an elevator. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a room overlooking the aria one bedroom suite which was Great this is a fine hotel that I used Marroit
point with an an upgrade . I would stay again a great hotel in the Middle of the stripe would recommend this hotel either on business or pleasure . Also restaurants are good but as you would expect can be pricy Went to two restaurants the Greek restaurant is expensive the china poblano is reasonable overall a great hotel right on the las Vegas boulevard across from Paris as a Marriott platinum they seem to respect and honor the status but seems they are going away from the wicked spoon free brunch

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Cosmopolitan may be affiliated with Marriott but they have some customer service issues that need to be addressed.

The Good:
Location - In Vegas, location matters. A LOT. The Cosmopolitan is in a near perfect location
Rooms - I was in a basic room (no balcony), but the design is modern and comfortable, with a funky shower. I didn't hear any noise from neighbors or the casino.
Casino - The hotel is more of a hotel first, lounge/bar second, and casino third. The casino floor isn't huge but what they do have is solid.

The Bad:
Front desk is slow, and I mean really really slow. There were 2 people ahead of me and each took 7-10 minutes and I wasn't even checking it at the 3pm check-in time.

Maintenance seems to be slipping. My room was clean, but the hallway carpet and walls are already showing signs of wear and tear. My room was also missing any sort of clock/radio which I found odd.

Resort fee is a bit high considering how little you get for it. I asked for a newspaper and was told they don't provide a daily newspaper and was directed to the closest newsstand where I can purchase one.

Food/Drink prices - I know Vegas prices are high, but the Cosmopolitan prices seem to be higher than most other Strip properties.

I would go back, but the price may have to be right.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Ended up going with my friends that live in Vegas advice to try this place out and I am glad we did! We luckly got a deal on this place booking in advance. I have been checking the prices since and they are no where near what we got. We booked the fountain vew terrace suite. The room was amazing. The pictures you see on here do no justice! It is truely an amazing place to just walk around. The decor in the rooms and on the whole property is super trendy.
The location is right in the middle of it all which was perfect for us. We tried the sushi place, buffet, and tex mex joint just for drinks. The food was great at each place. The pizza place that is in its own hidden area is really good and perfect for a late night bite. My only gripe was there are no coffee makers in the rooms. There is a coffee shop on site which was about 3.50. The location, atmosphere and view made up for it. If you are looking to book a trip and are willing to spend the extra $ get the falls view terrace it is worth it best views by far in Vegas!!!

Room Tip: Call down to get the mini bar taken out of the room they will do it for no charge. All the drinks an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have had my eye on this hotel since it opened. As soon as I heard about it, I knew I wanted to stay there when we finally made it to Vegas. So we went to Vegas in December and of course, I booked to stay there. We booked a terrace one bedroom and paid for the strip view. The upgrade is definitely worth it, we were dumbfounded by the view, absolutely beautiful - something we were never tired of.

The room was great. I was a little worried about the cleanliness after reading some reviews but our room was spic and span. We were on the 63rd floor. As we walked into the room we had a sofa area with a coffee table, a desk and a flat screen tv. There was also a small kitchen which included a microwave, lots of empty cupboards, a sink and a fridge/freezer. The fridge is full with mini bar items and there is a freezer space at the bottom for your own use. We turned the temperature up so that it didn't freeze our items. As you walked along, there were wardrobes and space to hang your clothes (iron etc all inside). The bedroom was lovely, a gorgeous bed. It was so comfy, I definitely looked forward to jumping in after a long day or night! The bedroom area had a 2nd flat screen tv with access to TV, movies, music etc. The bathroom was my favourite (!), it had two sinks, a walk in shower and a japanese soaking tub which is amazing. After a long day, to jump in there and watch the goings on of the strip is heaven. It certainly helped my aching feet.

We read lots of negative reviews about service, we didn't have any meetings with a rude member of staff. Check in was painless, we arrived at peak time on a Saturday and had no issues or long wait. We called customer services/bell desk and had nothing but politeness and helpfulness on the phone.

Restaurants and bars great, casino's so much fun. Our roulette table masters were always good fun.

Honestly a wonderful hotel and would stay again in a heartbeat if we ever return to Vegas!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've stayed in a 3 bedroom suite several times now on a gambling week. they are on the 61st floor and simply breathtaking. highest hotel floors in Vegas overlooking the Bellagio. they are simply stunning. they have full high end quality amenities. finest toothbrushes from Italy, Shaving cream from Portugal, Toothpaste from England, Koi body wash. just stunning. I'm used to high quality and this certainly fits the bill! from a personal butler to other concierge services you won't be disappointed. service comes with a cost though and you'll fork out quite a few tips. the Spa at the resort though sucks....well the Spa is great its just the service from the front counter. not warming and i can't believe they add 20% service tip to their bills when they charge $265 for a massage. it is discretionary (they don't tell you that). after the 2nd time i refused to pay it because they simply didn't deserve it. the guys in the mens facilities deserve a tip though because they are very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the hotel which is part of the marriott autograph collection and was a great time again . The views from the balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains and the large room with a living room and huge bath is a nice way to spend time . Staff is very professional and try the wicked spoon

• Stayed December 2013

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!