“My Love Affair with Wynn is Over” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #29 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Escondido, California
“My Love Affair with Wynn is Over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed two nights in a west tower studio (the most basic room). Magnificent hotel in every way. The lobby, casino and just about every square inch scream 'hip.' Everyplace you look (and feel) is a sensory feast. The three story chandelier, the leather walls, the video columns. Amazing. And the room. Even better. The bath has separate bath and shower, with the shower stall being so large that it has a marble bench. Not only does the room have a microwave, dishwasher, and sink, but it also has shelves with books on them. Real books. Books you can read and thumb through. And then there is the full balcony. You and your 8 friends can easily be out there enjoying the views and the desert air. Have stayed at Wynn, CP, Mandalay Bay, Palazzo, Paris and the rest but the Cosmo tops them all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan for my sisters hen do. Can safely say it was the best hotel on the strip. We originally were considering the Bellagio but we then decided to go with a more modern hotel. We are so glad we did! It was amazing, the rooms were excellent and the pool facilities were absolutely fantastic.

The staff were extremely helpful with booking day trips for us and we were given a later checkout upon request due to all of our luggage.

I would recommend this hotel by far as the best hotel in vegas if you are looking for something modern, grand and trendy.

If you are looking for a more dated but classic vegas hotel then I would go with the Bellagio which is also quite nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Markham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed from Dec 19 - 26, 2013. We were given a free upgrade to 66th floor (not facing the fountain). We stayed in this room type before with bathtub last Christmas. However, both times we found out the noise from other rooms were pretty annoying, especially the closing of the doors and heard people talking.
Other than that, the staffers were friendly!
Since it is right in the middle of the strip, we decided not to rent a car and the RTC buses were great! We save some money!

West Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Of course this hotel is amazing because its in Las Vegas and it is new. The rooms were great. The only thing I don't like is the bathroom doors because they did not close properly. Also the button for the blinds and different amenities did not work. There is no where cheap to eat here you have to leave the resort. When we checked in we had a joining room because there was 6 of us and the room was already open in the middle. There were a few dirty things in our room. The minibar was already stocked and you can not even more things around in there to put your own water bottle in. I didn't like that either. Staff was good. Housekeeping was a little rude. The club/pool Marquee was great always expensive but fun. This is definitely a more classy place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grangeville, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I received a 2 night comp room and it faced right onto the strip. The room has amenities like a microwave and frig. I think they are condos they have converted into hotel rooms. I did have problem trying to figure out the lighting system so gave up on one lamp and just unplugged it. Bed comfortable. Parking is awesome! Underground the there are little red/green lights to tell you if a parking place I available. Even won a little on the machines. Right next door to Bellagio and across from Plant Hollywood so great location. Will stay here againg

Ojai, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Hotel was excellent, the buffet spectacular, the rooms clean and modern and of course the hotel has a wonderful location. The price was affordable and very reasonable. This is the best Marriott property in Vegas. HOWEVER, I stayed on December 21st and no Christmas decorations…really!? In a town where decorations are king, I was expecting something nice…nothing…not even a manger scene or tree. At christmas, I will not be back to this place…it is for scrooge!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We had booked our two rooms (corner terrace suite and terraced suite) at the Cosmopolitan hotel in Las Vegas through Agoda, on arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by Carl to check us in, now I'm not sure if Carl is new to the job, or just didn't want to be there, but it seemed we drew the short straw because the people checking in either side of us seemed to get check-in clerks full of the joys of life, and we got Carl, monotones and when things were not going well thought the best method of defence was to glare at me, as if I was in the wrong, still, to get to the point, after a 8 hr journey up from Los Angeles all we wanted to do was check in so with booking confirmations in hand, we approached reception and was greeted by Carl, after 10 minuets or so Carl managed to find our one booking for the terraced suite, but after a frantic further 10 minuets tapping away on his key board, he still could not locate our booking for the corner suite, at which point Carl started making phone calls, but continued to tap away at his computer continually going to the same screen as if by some almighty act of god our booking would appear if he just kept reloading the same screen.
So thirty minuets after arriving we still had not been checked in at which point Carl informed us he would have to place a new booking on the system for our corner suite, as he had no record of it, now he had already spoken to Agoda who had confirmed our booking with the cosmopolitan but it seems the cosmopolitans back office hadn't bothered putting the booking on there system, and being as there back office was closed on a Sunday evening it was now going to cost me a further $140 to check in because he could not raise a booking with out a payment, so after having already pre paid over £1500 (about $2200) I was now having to fork out because a hotel with almost 3000 rooms does not employ people in there back office of a Sunday, and nobody is capable of altering there booking system.
So at this point, after pointing out I was not happy about paying an additional $140, but being assured by Carl this would all be sorted out first thing tomorrow morning, and being assured by Carl that other than the resort fees which we were aware had to be paid on site that no other fees would be charged to my card, we finally got checked in 45 minuets after arrival, not good, very frustrating and not a good omen for our 5 day stay at the cosmopolitan .When we had made our booking we pointed out it was a two room booking but due to the fact we were booking two different rooms we could not make the booking as a single booking but instead as two individual bookings, this in turn meant as Carl could not find the second room , instead of having inter-connecting rooms our two sons were about 20 rooms away on the same floor.
The following morning I got a call from my credit card company asking me to confirm payments lodged against my card by the cosmopolitan hotel, they had already taken
£540 about $800 and were now asking for authorisation of a further £1291 about $2200
I told my credit card company to decline the payment, but the other £540 had already gone though, so after giving myself time to calm down I went to reception on the Tuesday to find out what they were playing at, I spoke to one of the duty managers who after explaining what had gone on and him apologizing and blaming there back office for the bookings cock up and for the attempted theft of money from my account, he asked what I would like by way of compensation, I told him it was up to him. To make amends, to which he offered me $150 by way of a gesture, he suggested we could use this for a meal in the hotel, this would not even cover the cost of a buffet in the hotel, I declined his derisory offer. And will certainly take my business else ware in future.
As regards the rooms in the hotel, both out suites had kitchens but unfortunately the kitchens are not ment to be used as they supply no utensils at all not even a teaspoon, the suites are also advertised as having washing machines and tumble driers, but it appears these have been removed from some rooms, for this they offered us a $30 credit towards dry cleaning.

• Stayed December 2013