“Fabulous hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Cosmo last week of November and had an amazing experience. The hotel is gorgeous, perfectly located in the middle of the Strip. Buffet breakfast at the Wicked Spoon was very good, although the price went up to $45/person on our last day there because it was the Thanksgiving weekend.
We had a City room on the 25th floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains which was wonderful. We were offered to upgrade our room, which is totally unnecessary since you don't spend much time in the room anyway.
Food and drinks were pricey but there are more affordable places in surrounding hotels.
All the bars in the hotel were great, but nothing can compare to the atmosphere at the Vespar, an awesome place to begin and end you night!
We loved every moment spent in the hotel and in the city. We are definitely coming back next year to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

6,925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,589)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Cosmopolitan is an amazingly terrific hotel and casino in the heart of the famous Las Vegas Strip. It’s nearly impossible to feel like you’re being individually cared for in a hotel of 3,000 rooms, but the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas does just that! Every single time that I interact with the staff at the Cosmopolitan, I feel like I am the only one in the room and all of their efforts are focused on me. It’s a boutique hotel feel that is very rare in Vegas.

The list of things to love about this resort is extremely long. Among those are:

1) Service…the training this staff must go through to spotlight the customer is your bonus. They virtually trip over themselves in an effort to assist you. From the valet to the front desk to the bellhops and everywhere else…the service is top notch. A perfect example is when my wife and I were entering the hotel and we were immediately greeted by the bellhop that was anxious to assist with our items. Yes, there are bellhops all over the Strip, but there is great service with a smile here.
2) The rooms…spacious and on trend, they are a refreshing change to the cookie cutter rooms at most other hotels on the Strip. Every bit of the room is inviting and really fun to be around. I’ve stayed in a city room, a terrace studio and a wraparound suite. All are terrific at their respective price levels.
3) The casino layout…convenient and fun, the casino floor is a great mix with a nice thoroughfare through the center. My wife is a huge fan of slots and they have her current favorite: Wizard of Oz.
4) Restaurants…there are a bucket load of them and they all serve good food…but my all-time fave is the Hidden Pizza Place!! Excellent NY-style pizza by the slice or pie. For a real treat order the meatball pizza. Wow!!
5) Valet…there is a little-used East Tower valet. It’s one of the best kept secrets of . If you stay in the East Tower, you can scan your valet ticket at the machine at the garage level and they will bring your car to you from the West Tower valet. Excellent service to the customer.
6) The spa…I haven’t used it but my wife swears by it. She’s been at many spas on- and off-Strip and says this is the best she’s been to; and it’s not even close.
7) Location…center Strip with easy access to Aria, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, etc. It’s tough to beat this location.

To be completely honest, this is a hotel that is vibrant and hip…so you can expect some loud music and some partying to be going on at the clubs. However, I am in my 40s and I am not a club scene guy and I never have been. Having said that, I have never had a problem with any noise being heard in my room. I do know that people suggest staying in the West Tower if you have concerns about the noise levels…it’s the quieter of the two towers.

The bottom line on the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is that you get the sense of personalized service—almost a boutique hotel feel—at a full-service resort that sits in the center of the Strip. It's a wonderful combination.

Room Tip: Try the Hidden Pizza Place...excellent!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at the Cosmo and both times were excellent. We arrived early the day before Thanksgiving and were able to check into our room. Front desk people were very helpful and pleasant. Maid service each day was very good and prompt. We ate at The Henry for breakfast 3 morning and food and service were excellent. We ate up stairs at the chinese and mexican place one evening and had good service. We have stayed at the Wynn and Encore in the past which is very nice but I like the location of the Cosmo and the bigger rooms with balcony of the Cosmo. I would reccomend staying at the Cosmo and I plan on going back within the next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Firstly on arrival at the cosmopolitan the reception area is quite breathtaking. Upon checking in we were offered too upgrade for $30 which we did. We already had booked a fountain view room but this room offered us the Japanese bath tub in the bathroom overlooking the fountains.

When we walked into the room the first thing we noticed was that it was not very clean and for this standard of hotel and the cost i thought it too be quite shocking to be honest. There was a grape on the floor and a half drunk bottle of vodka still in the cupboard from the previous guest. Also the carpet are was soaking wet.

I reported these issues too reception which I was told by the gentleman he would pass this info onto his manager, 2-3 days passed and nothing had happened.

The cleanliness of the room did not improve during our stay which I found was quite sad.

Too actually get a response about these matters I took too sending an email too the hotel which worked as I received a phone call from guest services within a few hours. The girl I spoke too was very helpful and obviously concerned about these matters and offered us some credit onto our room which we could use in the hotel and advised if things don't improve too call back. Well things didn't improve so I called back and was unable too speak too the same girl so as I explained my issues once again the gentleman told me he would have someone come too my room too address my issues well they didn't arrive . I wasn't surprised at all.

When we checked into the room there were no slippers and after a few days our bath robes disappeared and were not replaced.

This hotel has the potential too be very good but customer service is really letting it down.

It got too the point that the executive management had too get involved as it seemed the girl in guest services was trying too help but she wasn't getting help from her from her colleagues.

Simple things like how the bed was made. The sheet used too cover the mattress was not the correct size or even made properly that myself and my girlfriend found ourselves sleeping directly on the mattress at times which in a hotel of this stature I find ridiculous. I travel a lot for work staying in nice and not so nice locations and hotels and I couldn't believe some of the things as there were really quite simple too fix .

Just basic cleaning of the room was not up too a good standard like the balcony and windows etc.

One of the pools were shut as they were building the ice rink at the time. The other pool opened at 9am but the bar at that pool didn't open till around 11.30am which I found strange.

When the executive management got involved I must say it was dealt with promptly and very well but it shouldn't have had too be like that.

The room over looking the fountains at bellagio is very good apart from having these issues but possibly it's starting too look a little tired so maybe the upkeep has too be looked at also.

The wicked spoon restaurant is the best buffet iv'e ever had anywhere in the world and I could not recommend it enough!! You must go there if your staying in the Cosmopolitan or visiting Vegas.

The location is perfect for everything you are right in the heart of the strip if that's what your looking for.

Drinking in the hotel is very expensive but thats like all hotels in Vegas unless your gambling then it's free. We mostly went across too the shops at Miracle Mile across in Planet Hollywood for fat Tuesday's cocktails which done the trick!!

Room Tip: Fountain view room. We were on the 19th floor and it was perfect!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a terrace studio overlooking all the action. Beautiful! I truly enjoyed relaxing on the balcony on my ipad. The check-in was very busy at the time, it was hard to determine how the process was going or who was next.... Our check-in person name was Moe and he was very nice. I most definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Love everything about this hotel. We had the best time! Staff is great, restaurants are excellent, rooms are awesome, casino a lot of fun. They gave us a room upgrade, which was really nice, with a view, two beautiful rooms, very well designed. I will definitely stay there again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here once before. Booked the wrap-around suite, which had stunning views of the strip and the Balagio Fountains. One thing I wasn't impressed with is that I booked the wrap around suite, but there was no option for a fountain view, however, this was offered to me at check-in for an extra $50 per night. Why not offer/state this on the website?

The resort fee is $25 per day. I'm at a loss to understand what this is for. I'm guessing it's to stop people complaining about a wi-fi charge, which is now included in the resort fee. Unfortunate for me, as I don't use the pool ect...just my room and wi-fi. So I'm now paying $25 for wi-fi.

All that said, the hotel is amazing, great location, and stunning views (if you pay the premium).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!