Deryk started off our stay on the right foot, when he stepped out from behind the registration desk to introduce himself and welcome my husband and me to the hotel--nice touch! We asked for an upgrade and he placed us in a terrace studio on the 50th floor on the East Tower. The view of the Strip with the mountains on the horizon was spectacular, along with multiple performances of the Bellagio's dancing fountains. We enjoyed sitting on our terrace balcony as the city came alive at night. When the sliding doors were closed, the room was surprisingly quiet.
In addition to the beautiful view, our room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and we enjoyed the lounging area with the charging station for electronic gadgets. If a working kitchenette is important to you (it wasn't for us), the Cosmopolitan may not be a fit for you. There are no dishes, silverware or coffee maker, and the refrigerator is off limits unless you plan to use the items in the mini-bar (Deryk told us the items are weighed so as not to be surprised).
Our main purpose for our visit was to see a concert at the Boulevard Pool and, aside from the initial sticker-shock of $30 for a beer and vodka tonic (Welcome to Vegas!), the venue was outstanding.The sound system was great, and we could see the stage perfectly, even without the jumbo-tron monitors which just enhanced the experience that much more.
We also spent a few hours one afternoon just hanging out at the Boulevard Pool, which was bustling with activity. We could not find a lounge chair in the sun, but plenty were available in the shade. While at the pool, we enjoyed a lunch in the Overlook Grill that included fish tacos and guacamole made fresh right at our table by a charming young man named Gustavo.
The Bamboo Pool at the West Tower was a much more relaxed poolside experience, with an older crowd that seemed to enjoy a bit of down time from all the energy this city has to offer.
The hotel is eye-candy throughout, starting with computerized graphic columns in the lobby and elevators, to the thousands of baubles that create the chandelier lounge on the second floor, to the paintings and sculptures throughout the property. My advice is to take your time walking through this hotel and looking up and around at all the details--it really is a work of art.
- Also Known As:
- The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas Hotel
- The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a unique luxury resort offering a decidedly different perspective, situated in the heart of The Strip directly between CityCenter and Bellagio. The resort’s uniquely vertical multi-tower design offers spectacular views of the vibrant city. The new 2,995-room resort features oversized, residential-style living spaces with expansive, one-of-a-kind private terraces. The Cosmopolitan’s luxurious resort amenities include a 100,000-square-foot casino; Sahra Spa & Hammam; three unique pool experiences at The Pool District; Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub at The Cosmopolitan, a multi-level integrated nightclub; and 150,000 square feet of state-of-the-art convention and meeting space. An eclectic lineup of new-to-market retailers include AllSaints Spitalfields, Beckley, CRSVR Sneaker Boutique, DNA2050, Droog, Molly Brown's Swimwear, Retrospecs & Co, Skins 6|2 Cosmetics and STITCHED. Signature restaurants include Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill by restaurateurs Bruce and Eric Bromberg; Comme Ça by Los Angeles Chef David Myers; Estiatorio Milos, by international restaurateur Costas Spiliadis; Holsteins from Block 16 Hospitality; Jaleo and China Poblano restaurants by acclaimed Chef José Andrés; Scarpetta and D.O.C.G. by award-winning Chef Scott Conant; and popular steakhouse STK from The ONE Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.