“Picket Lines are the right amount of wrong?” 2 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Ranked #40 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, California
“Picket Lines are the right amount of wrong?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

While visiting the strip my family and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan. After touring the strip we had plans to go and visit the Henry restaurant inside the Cosmopolitan. On the way in we were "greeted" by a bunch of protestors who work there. They yelled at us for going in and booed us on the way out.

That, along with the long wait to sit down, the sounds of their continued shouts as we ate and the "just ok" quality of our food made this a really bad experience.

I have no plans on returning there, just the right amount wrong? More like the wrong amount of wrong. I hope the Cosmo can work on their employee relations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

7,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,649)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have just returned from Vegas and our third stay at the Cosmopolitan. I sent an email from our inbound flight (Delta) indicating a delay in arrival time and when we arrived at the check in desks we were informed our room was ready for us, we were also greeted by the on duty front desk manager Caleb and each given a bottle of cold water.

The front desk clerk, Kelly I believe, could not have been more helpful and kind (typical of this hotel staff). Our room was a Terrace Suite in the West tower on the 53rd floor, I had asked for this tower and a high floor if possible. Remember, this was Sunday afternoon and part of the Labor Day long weekend but it didn't cause any problems for them despite being very busy.

The room was spotless and offered great views of the Strip, Bellagio fountains and surrounding areas.

Nice to see some extra touches in the bathroom this trip, a toothbrush and toothpaste was provided.

A niggling point that could be rectified, is that the climate control and control of the lights are no longer controlled via the TV control?

All lights come on with the welcome switch at the door and all are turned off in the bedroom or by the goodbye switch as you exit.

The reason I mention this is because non of the lights could be turned off manually/individually? When sitting in the den, the desk lamp is in your eyes as it sits below the TV screen? and we couldn't turn the bedside lights on and off from our bed?

I asked the operator how to do this but she was unaware things had changed in the rooms she asked engineering to come and sort things out? He appeared quite quickly and reprogrammed the switches on the desk lamp, bedside lamps and floor standing lamp within a few minutes.
He also informed us that the climate control (heat/AC) was now manual as well and this control is in the den and not the bedroom, a little inconveniant in my eyes when your in bed.

I did try to sort things out myself as I pointed out, this is not our first stay here, however, they have not updated the hotel room information book (manual) so in reality nothing will work like it indicates and one should be able to switch lights off individually at the source.

If your going to make changes, then change the information book pages as well so the guest is aware and able to make things work.

Our room was cleaned around midday every day (5 days, six nights) and sheets changed mid stay. All toiletries were refreshed daily. Our bed was turned down the first evening and that was nice.

Lastly, I noticed that in the West tower it was no longer a requirement and necessary to use your room key in the elevator to a reach the room floors. I asked why the card use had been discontinued and It was explained to me that many guests had complained about this feature?

I disagree because this was a great 'built in' security feature for the guests. Anyone not staying in the hotel now has free range to any floor in the West tower?
This needs to be revisited on a safety point! It is a minor inconveniance compared to guest safety.... Escalators and elevators can take you to the floors that do not have accomodation rooms on them but above that level it should be put back in place.

Minor, niggling points I know and none of it spoiled our stay anyway. The restaurants were great and the whole six days in the Cosmopolitan were amazing.

Competition is fierce and new buildings/hotels/resorts are coming up out of the ground and also renovations being completed nearby, so the Cosmopolitan has to stay ahead of the game in order to be competative.

A huge thank you to the staff in all areas of this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: West wing is quiet and higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ive stayed here for four nights and five days in the terrace studio with the view in the middle of august. I was having second thoughts about staying here because of the reviews i saw, however me and my bf decided to stay here and we did not have any regrets! The stay here was amazing we got here and checked in with Andrea(?) she was incredible, sweet and very helpful!! She had a lovely smile and welcomed us, it was my first time at the cosmo so we had quite a few questions which she helped us kindly with. The cosmo feels fresh and the designs around the hotel is very modern chic, young. I stayed on the 37th floor East Tower, i like it better because i think its closer to the strip walk. The room i stayed in was great especially the bathroom and the terrace and the decor was awesome, and on top of that every night we were able to see the bellagio fountain show without going down. I really loved the location! I also noticed how cosmopolitan has its own scent. It smells differently from when your inside the building and out, it almost feels as if someone goes around spraying a particular perfume around the building.(It smells nice) The houskeeper at our floor was so friendly and the IT guy who helped us with our internet was super patient. A little pricey however definetly worth the money. Would stay at the cosmopolitan again on my next trip to vegas!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel was a wow from the minute we arrived. We were so pleased we'd gone for the upgrade of the fountain view suite, it was worth every penny.
The hotel does attract a younger clientele so this could be off putting for some. Luxury with a contemporary feel. Only downside was there wasn't many sun loungers by the pools!
The Wicked Spoon restaurant for breakfast was a different level of buffets, it would be hard to beat.

Room Tip: Fountain view suite, your own apartment in the middle of the Vegas strip. You didn't hear a soun...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellflower, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I really do not feel the need to describe how awesome of a place this is, because it is pretty much self explanatory. Not only is the only hotel in Vegas with open balconies, but I literally did not want to leave my room once I got there. It basically had everything anybody needs to live life. The concierge and room service were very accommodating and the facility is just wonderful. Even if you want to leave the hotel and check out the strip, you are right smack in the middle of everything, which is also a major plus. I highly recommend staying here, even if it is only one time. It may be a little expensive, but it seems like everywhere in Vegas is expensive as it is, so might as well go with the best!!! 8)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped at the cosmo for the third time - its still the best hotel in vegas, great rooms, views and customer service. Having drinks in the Chandelier Bar is a must. The food is great (but we think the Aria buffet is better). We hope to go back again next year.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the marquee pool party
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here in November '11 with my two grown up daughters on a special holiday to celebrate mine and my eldest daughter's "big" birthdays.

I chose The Cosmopolitan because of its location on the strip, it's quite central. On previous trips I'd made the mistake of staying too far out, at the edges of the strip. As it was a special trip, I upgrade to a Terrace One Bedroom - Fountain View. The room was just amazing - a large balcony with great seating, a spacious well designed room layout, comfortable beds and furniture...even a kitchen area. Clearly the highlight was the amazing views of the Bellagio fountains...we could even sit in our soaking tub and watch the display!!

The facilities within the hotel were first class for both food and drinks. It's modern, classy and beautifully presented. I would deffinately choose to stay here again and would recommend to both first time and repeat visitors to Las Vegas

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!