“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed at a few in Vegas and this is my favourite!! No big complaints, rooms are nice, restaurants are good and staff is friendly and easily accessible! Fairly confusing hotel until you get used to where the different towers of rooms are. Resort fee is ridiculous, but it seems every hotel in vegas has this now....they all need to ax it!! Drink girls are constantly around, and complimentary water is provided in the check in/out line which makes the long line bare-able. Best vodka martinis on the strip served at the Chandelier bar. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,788)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Cosmopolitan is such a fun and funky hotel in the sea of offerings on the Vegas strip. I've stayed here multiple times and although there have been some service issues from time to time, overall they have hit the mark. Their check in process is fairly smooth, the staff is always friendly, and the rooms are incredible. Very few hotels offer windows that even open in Vegas, let alone an outside patio. I love the fact that I can get fresh air while staying in a place with constant smokiness and cycled air conditioning going on. If you can get a room facing the Bellagio, it's amazing to be able to watch the fountain show from your patio.
As far as restaurants, they have a ton of options and all really good. My faves are STK (as long as you can get a reservation and don't mind the loud music), Scarpetta, and Holsteins if you are looking for something a bit more casual.
Chandelier bar is a great place to stop for a drink before starting the night and Marquee is a fun nightclub but can get pretty busy and has more of a young crowd.
I have stayed here multiple times for conferences for work and the catering and conference service staff is all really great as well.
Always a good time at Cosmopolitan!

Room Tip: Look for rooms away from the Marquee side of hotel which can be really noisy from the day/night club...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The service was great and the decor and atmosphere is world-class. The food was a bit pricey and one meal was only so-so, otherwise everything was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful Room, Comfortable Bed, Great Location, Quick internet access, Easy access to the secret pizza, fine and not so fine restaurants, Close walk to other Casinos and shops, Nice shower and very good toilettes. I also liked the hipster style of this place.

Durring my stay they charged us for a snack I didn't eat so my husband called them and then they took it off the bill right away so you need to check your bill. That happens no big deal.

The in room check out didn't work the day we checked out but we were able to do it over the phone. That happens no big deal.

My only complaint is that they didn't clean the furniture as well as they should have in my room. The desk chair had stains that looked suspicious and the sofa had many places that looked like a different kind of suspicious. But everything else I enjoyed so I can't give five stars.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at The Cosmopolitan for two nights - August 1st and 2nd. We travelled with two teenagers and upon arrival I asked if we could get a large room to accommodate a family of four. At no additional charge, we were upgraded to a large one bedroom suite with two baths and a large balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains. The hotel is modern and clean and the staff were great to deal with. The concierge arranged for our tickets to a show and a round of golf. The pools were crowded, but this was expected as it was the weekend. The location is perfect and the parking was free. This was our second stay at this hotel and we enjoyed it as much as the first time.
When we initially booked our trip the room was fairly pricey, however a few days before our arrival I checked the hotel web site and they were advertising rooms at half the rate I booked. When I called they gave me the lower rate.
We would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Bellagio Fountains
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is so nice and the people that work there were very helpful. They offered to print our boarding passes for us as we checked out! They go above and beyond. The room we stayed in was a beautiful suite and we had a great mountain view. Pool is very nice, agree it is not a pool for kids and I didn't see many. It has a very low depth at one end where you can sit and enjoy drinks while sitting in water. Pool service was great as well. I don't think this is a kids dream for a hotel, if you want a good hotel with things for the kids Mandalay Bay or Red Rock, if you don't mind being off the strip, might be a better option but for me and my hubby we loved Cosmo and will stay there from now on.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

1st time in vegas and glad we stayed here, great location on strip with easy access to other hotels/casinos and useful supermarket nearby. supermarket comes in handy for buying supplies as hotel charges $30 for 2 cocktails, however if money isn't an issue than that wont be a concern. we walked through a lot of the other hotels and they all look pretty dated so this was a good choice for us. friendly concierge who, after chatting, upgraded our room to the east side tower with views of the Bellagio fountains, which was amazing. sensitive minibar added charge to our room but this was rectified on its own the next day and I found the hotel scent nauseating at best. the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -definitely recommend.

Room Tip: views of the fountain wont give you a sunny balcony so decide what you want and ask for it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!