“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is great!!!. The service is great, my room has a very nice view of the Belagio fountain, nice bed, Jacuzzi and other amenities oh remember that the mini bar has a weight sensor so if you did not use the minibar (I recommend to buy stuff at the walgreens close by) you must tell to the front desk at check out. The shopping area and the Casino are far from the front desk which in comparison to other hotels makes the hotel guest area less crowded which for me it was great. I saw a lot of bachelors parties around the hotel but none of them were a problem. No noise issues, no drunk people etc. . Have in mind that this hotel is not cheap so if you are a budget traveler well this is not for you as you may spend a lot of money on different Vegas attractions and shows. Some bus tours for the Hoover Dam or the Canyon do not stop there so you have to move to other hotels like the Belagio to board them, why is that? well because they have specific companies to the tours at the concierge you know where I'm going... but is not far so I was not an issue for me. It is a walking distance to the other hotels and shows, food, malls everything. If you have the budget and are looking for a hotel that has everything that Vegas has to offer without all the Vegas tourist running around this is the hotel for you. Otherwise see my other Vegas hotel review.

Room Tip: If possible try to look for the rooms that look to the Belagio side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,011)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have never been to Vegas so didnt know what to expect ! (of course I expected Glam Glitz and Casino's) Upon walking into the Lobby of the Cosmopolitan I actually Screamed !!! It was out of this world !!!! Modern Chic and AMAZING !!!! Moving video walls that are Fantastic Art instillations !! The line for reception went quickly and all the front of house staff were friendly and approachable ! We had a wrap around terrace suite and all I can say is BEYOND !!!! It is by FAR the best hotel room I have EVER been in !!!! Amazing Views of the Strip and the Bellagio Fountains ! two bathrooms, massive bedroom and gorgeous living room !! clean spacious and modern ! The Views like I said were OUT OF THIS WORLD !!! On further exploration of the hotel All I can say is you WONT be disappointed Clean Modern Chic and very very VEGAS but not in a tacky way !!! The Casino is modern and up to date !! The bars are very Cool!! Chandelier Bar is beautiful and well worth a drink in and Bond is great for the neon lights !! ( we went round a few other hotels and all seemed dated compared to the Cosmo) For food we ate at Holsteins this was YUM YUM YUM !!!! One of the best burgers I have ever had !!! Service was also very good !! on my last night in Vegas we ate at BLue ribbon also Out of this world !!! AMAZING FOOD and great service !!! If you are young cool or visiting vegas for the first time I highly recommend this hotel it is in a GREAT location and like I said SERVICE and HOTEL WERE FANTASTIC !!! my only regret I had to leave !!!! NOW GO AHEAD A BOOK IT !!!!!! xx

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains !!! also try and get a wrap around suite xx
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just got back from my cousins Bachlorette Party in las vegas this past weekend. We checked in on Friday July 12th and checked out on Monday July 15th. The hotel was not absolutely terrible, but due to some important key factors I would not stay there again, bing that there are so many hotels to choose from in Las Vegas. I will list the positives and the negatives.

The Positives - When entering the hotel I thought the vibe of the cosmo was very hip. Its def more of a party hotel like the Hard Rock, and being that we were there for a bachlorette party, I did not mind that at all. They had great music playing in the lobby and it was very cool looking, with a bunch of changing fun sexy images on these big screens, same thing in the elevators.

Check in was easy our room was ready when we arrived around 2pm so that was good. We got the cheapest room, the city view room with 2 queen beds and we were 4 girls so it was fine. Although we didnt get the balcony room We still had a great view of the Bellagio water light show, so we really enjoyed that.

The Beds and pilllows were very comfortable, they reminded me of the hampton inn beds, so they were great for relaxing and sleeping.

The room service was very good. Ordering was a breeze, We had breakfast twice in the room. The wait staff who brought the food up were very friendly both times and the food came up quick. Food tasted very good, the coffee was fresh and great as well.

Also if we needed things like clean towels or toilet paper the phone call was friendly and the stuff was brought up right away no questions asked.

Our last day we had the brunch buffet on Sunday at the Wicked Spoon and the food was very good there as well. The staff were friendly, the selection of all the things they had were amazing, sushi section, salad bar, omlet station, asian food station, all breakfast food you could imagine, carving station, dessert etc. and all the food was very yummy - all for a great price that included coffee, juices, sodas, water and a mimosa.

We also ate Lunch at the overlook grill by one of the pools the first day we arrived. Again, the staff was very nice, food was very good too, pulled pork sandwiches, fish tacos, potstickers etc - the Guacamole was made to order fresh right at our table which ive never seen done before, it was delicious and our group of girls enjoyed that.

Now for the NEGATIVES - I had to deduct a star and a half because of the cleanliness of the rooms. I actually read on trip advisor some bad reviews about dirty rooms at this hotel and was hoping the managers of the hotel would of addressed this issue. I STRONGLY SUGGEST the Mangers at this hotel have a big important meeting with the maid staff regarding the information i am about to post because its not a joke, hotel cleanliness is serious.

When first arriving on our floor - floor 36 in the west tower - the floor smelled liked a backed up toilet. I dont know if it was a mixture of the heat plus a very dirty carpet on that floor but it indicated they do not shampoo there hotel floor rugs.

When first arriving in the room on friday we noticed near the bottom of the bed there was a big dirty peice of bread that looked like a giant cruton or something indicating the room was not cleaned properly aka no vacuming before our arrival. Also the bottom of the bed was draped with these thick blue blanket looking things and u look closely you can tell these are not washed and they smelled.

On Saturday morning, while my cousins and our friends went down to the pool i wanted to stay behind and wait till i saw the maid come upstairs to clean our rooms. When she knocked on the door i took my stuff and went down to the casino and played slots then wanted to go back up right away to see how she cleaned. I also took the dirty cruton out of the garbage and placed it on the floor to see if it would be vacumed up.

I also want to mention that being that we were a group of 4 girls in a small room, we had to keep things neat and tidy anyway because we were so packed together, so being that we were so nice in leaving the maid basically nothing to do besides make the beds, it annoyed us that she could not vacum, dust, windex, and restock our stuff properly. It was very disappointing. Literally all she did was make the beds and empty the pails. Thats not how you clean rooms.

When arriving back to the room guess what was still there....the dirty cruton! Along with a peice of plastic and other stuff. The maid failed my test. The cruton was left there, you could also clearly tell the room was not vacumed, there was dust on the desk, on top of the minibar, and smuges all over the bathroom mirror, room mirrors and shower door. Clearly their maid staff has never heard of windex, or pledge. Although we left our dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom, she did not replace them, nor did she replace our empty tissue box or hand clothes and there was no floor shower matt towel to lay out to step on. You should always have that so your guests do not slip on the tile floor.

Thankfully has i mentioned this before we wound up having to call for clean towels, tissues etc, and got that right away at least when asked. We noticed on the other days the maid cleaned, she never cleaned the mirrors, shower door and never vacumed.

Another negative, we felt the ac in the room didnt work that well. Its was real cool somedays but others it would get very hot even though we kept it on the lowest setting. It could of also been because we were 4 girls in a room, however in las vegas in July no less your AC should work very strong so your guests are comfortable. I woke up with sweat all over me monday morning because of how hot the room felt.

The elevators were super muggy as well. Im not sure if elevators have AC but it felt 90 degrees in the elevators.

My last gripe with this hotel that is making me deduct half a star is the very nasty taxi cab hailer - we got our taxi on july 15th to go to the airport at 12 noon, I wish i would of gotten his name but I hope the manager could tell by the date and time to see who was on shift. The had brown hair, looked like Jim Carrey alittle maybe mid to late 40's in age. Anyway, we were waiting on the line and we needed a cab or 5 girls and our luggage, yes we already knew we'd have to wait for a van, he asked us how many girls, we said 5, he said "ok step out of line and wait to the side" we them tired telling him we'll split up but we kept shouting at us talking over us repeating "step out of line, step out of line, step out of line!" we were like ummm ok this guy is rude. We then said "sir were trying to ask you nicely if we could just split up" he then got nasty with us AGAIN and said "Ive been doing this 8 hours a day for 3 years, a van will pull up, relax ladies" he was very loud, obnoxious and everyone was hearing how he was treating us. So we waited for a van, and when it pulled up he loaded our bags and we got in, we decided because of how rude and nasty he was we were not going to tip him for putting our bags in the van, the driver also helped him anyway. I also want to say that me and my group of girls are not cheap, at least 3 of us have and are still working customer service, we tipped well al through our trip but we did not think this guy who belittled us infront of other guests deserved a tip. So because we didnt tip this Obnoxious jerk made it known and yelled so loud while slamming our van door saying " OH Thank you ladies, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!" because he was being sarcastic we didnt tip him, and wanted everyone to know. He also slammed the van door so hard godforbid someones hands were there they would of came right off. Even the cab driver was shocked at this guys actions.

This guys job should be reviewed because im sorry but id youve been doing this for 8 hours a day and for 3 years, that is not how you treat your hotel guests especially a group of young ladies, your supposed to be a gentleman. This guy was disgustingly rude.

So anyway, that was my long detailed review of the Cosmopolitian. Once again it was not terrible, but bring that there are so many hotels to choose from in Vegas, I would not return back here because of these bad experiences.

Ive been to Vegas many times and so far my favorite hotel is The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The all suite tower is reasonably priced, roomy and never disappoints. The Night Club " Light" is also located in the Mandalay and is literally one of the best nightclubs ive ever been to. We went their Saturday night, and our group had an amazing time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to Las Vegas on a business trip and stayed at The Cosmopolitan. It is located on the Strip, and allows guests to be connected to the city in a walking distance basis. You can also gamble at the ground floor and spend your money in different boutiques located in the upper floors, as well as dine at different restaurants. Great Hotel, great service, great taste in decoration, great features, great views, great location...nothing else but great stay there!

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the Belaggio Hotel's side...it's great to see the fountaine's show...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed in a corner suite for 4 nights. Great view and everything is really high tech. Similar to the aria but the rooms at Cosmo are nicer. Also a better selection of restaurants. Didn't bring the kids but will in August.

• Stayed February 2013
East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel was AMAZING!!! The bed was sooooo comfortable. The decor is exotic, sexy, and unique. I loved the old Hollywood photos, shoe statues, the sex books in bedrooms :)

Id recommend this hotel for couples or girls/guys trip. This is NOT family resort. The pool scene is trendy, the restaurants are for food lovers...i didn't have one bad meal!!

The best part of the hotel is the location...you are centrally located on the strip..so you can stay and play at Cosmo or hop around to other hotels without killing your feet :)

This was my second trip to Vegas and I will def be back to this hotel....

Please message me if you have questions....

Note - this is a pricey hotel..you get what you pay for and all added amenities are at a fee...so be prepared this hotel is not fit for all budgets.

Room Tip: I would upgrade to suite with Bellagio fountain view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I’ve wanted to try this property ever since it first opened back in 2010 but many other hotels were throwing special room packages that I could not refuse and it took over two years before I ended up at Cosmopolitan. The first question many people will ask visiting Las Vegas is the hotel worth the price? That really depends how much you will have to pay for it. My price estimate for this hotel considering Las Vegas is between $200 -$300 for a normal room. If you have to pay more than that, I would definitely check for other properties to see if any specials going on.

Hotel location: This hotel is right next to Aria and on the strip where Bellagio is very close. It does feel very modern since it is new hotel when it is compared with say, Caesar’s palace. As long as it is on the strip, most people wouldn’t care where it is anyway but it is matters to you, it’s in the middle of the strip.

Parking: Parking entrance is somewhat confusing especially if you trying to find the valet parking. Valet is free ($3 tip per exit should work fine) and it is convenient once you figure out how to drop it off and pick it up. Once you enter the parking garage, stay on the second lane to the right and watch the valet sign which is further left to Taxi and bus lane. If you miss it, you will have to re-enter the garage which is pain due to a heavy traffic. To pick up, exit the same door and go one floor down and scan the stub as you enter which will have your car fetched. The day I arrived, it was very busy and valet would not take my car unless I was a guest and asking for a room key which I didn’t have one yet. Had to convince the parking attendant that I was a real guest which was somewhat of a hassle. If it happens to you, show your luggage.

Room: I stayed at the balcony suite which has a balcony with a lounge chair which was nice. The bathroom is blocked with a glass and windows shade for privacy which is fine for couples but this won’t work with kids. Check room photo to make sure room layout is acceptable to you. Sofa in the living room is stylish and comfortable with functional working desk if you must do some work even though you are in Vegas. You can choose different pillow by calling pillow department if one at the room does not fit your need. TVs are good sized and there are two TV in case you want to watch something else. There is a microwave and basin to wash dishes but there are no dishes or utensils in the room. The refrigerator is there but it is a minibar with sensors so you can’t remove them for your own drinks. At least, the freezer was empty to chill drinks. If you are smoker, the balcony can be used for smoking purpose and they even put an ashtray there so you won’t be tempted to toss the cigarette butt towards the strip.

Bathroom: It was quite nice with hot tub for two and separate shower large enough for couple. The wash basin has two separate basins for him and her use in the morning without having to wait. There is a wooden slide door for the main entrance to the bathroom if you need to close it but windowless area to the hot tub is only blocked by pull down shades. Toiletries are top notch and don’t need to carry your own shampoo and conditioner.

Check-in: as expected, there are long lines for hotel check-in but if you have gold or platinum Marriott card, there is a VIP check in which will be more pleasant and makes you feel welcomed. Check in counter personnel were very friendly.

Concierge : This is located right across the VIP check in as you enter and they can store your luggage if your flight is at later time.

Restaurant: As many Vegas hotels are competing with buffet, you must at least try once at Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan. My first impression was it is quite good but not as good as Wynn and the cost is about the same. I took my own wine and corkage was $20 per bottle which is worth it when you take a good wine and don’t want to pay for expensive restaurant price. I’ve tried a breakfast but that is somewhat overpriced unless you will fill your stomach and skipping lunch.

Overall impression: I had a pleasant stay at Cosmopolitan and probably will return when I visit Vegas again. I would recommend staying at this hotel/casino to my friends without any hesitation. Two things that I did not enjoy which was Valet parking hassle during first night where parking attendant asked for registration print out when I told him I was a guest. The second thing was a complimentary Breakfast for Marriott Platinum member which applies only one time throughout your stay. However, when I checked in, I was told it was daily which means every day. At the checkout process, I’ve discovered the extra charge and made an inquiry about it. It turned out that you get either 500 bonus points or one breakfast for 2 people per stay. It isn’t daily unless you book a room package that has breakfast package. In the end, she did talk to her manager and removed one extra breakfast for 2 people (about $85) but I certainly did not enjoy that experience since I wasn’t the only one who heard “daily breakfast”. Have a great time at Vegas and whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas…

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor if you have Marriott card or Chase Marriott Visa.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!