“FUN- LOUD- Young Crowd- See & Be Seen” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“FUN- LOUD- Young Crowd- See & Be Seen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

First time visit to The Cosmo for 4th of July. Have stayed at many hotels on the strip and this Hotel was right at the top with Cesar's, Bellagio, Wynn.
Top of the line customer service, amazing room, clean!

Checked in at 9am and walked right up.

Got to the BLVD pool at 9:30am and all chairs were gone.
Finally scored a chair at Bamboo and had excellent service.

Ate at China Poblano and Hidden Pizza. Both good and excellent service.
CP was a bit costly for portion size. But party of 6 tried 8 different dishes and all were delicious!

We were on the 67th floor of the East Tower and could hear the day club, worst from 3-5 (nap time) but not a peep at night.

Overall very satisfied and the option of having a balcony will influence our next trip hotel choice!! Definitely a plus!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,011)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Totally loved our state at the Cosmo last weekend for the 4th of July. We were with some high rollers so we got the same perks, VIP check-in, upgraded room etc but even if we didn't get that, our stay would have been awesome!!

Can't beat the location. We walked to the Paris for Gordon Ramsey's Steak, to MGM to the UFC Fights, Crystals next door for shopping etc. Wonderful!!

The food at the hotel is really great. Ate at Blue Ribbon which was really yummy, fresh sushi, great atmosphere etc. Holsteins was awesome for spiked milkshakes and burgers (deep fried pickles were just ok) and The Henry was wonderful for breakfast, we ate there 2x in four days.

The room was really nice and I loved the walk through shower. Tv's were huge, lving room nice and the dressing room area to die for if your a girl. Mirror's everywhere and an ottoman to put your clothes out on. The wall paper in the closet and bathroom is quite funny, not sure I would want to look at that if I was hungover lol. Staff all wonderful. The hotel is smoking, but with my bad allergies, I didn't even have to take my Allegra. Huge plus!

The linens were great, bed comfy, view of Marquee Dayclub nice except you can hear music and if your like me, anytime your in the room, you would rather be there!!

Overall, wonderful and I will definitely return!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Cosmopolitan is a great hotel for couples or celebrating singles. The hotel is cool, hip and vibrant. The décor and ambiance make the Cosmo a must do for Vegas. We did see some families there- with small children. While the Cosmo is really the place to be.. it is not so much the place for families with children. There are no kiddie areas and no kiddie daycares. Bringing children actually detracts from the vibe/ experience that the Cosmo is trying to promote. The room was huge and tastefully decorated. The Wicked Spoon was a great foodie experience. The Identity program was very nice, including the option to swipe for additional wins such as cast, free restaurant credit, and the option of the large cash prize. I loved this hotel, and will be back. I'm hoping families will look to properties such as NY, NY, MGM.. or even the Bellagio for an upscale option.

Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo while in Vegas (which was incredible) but met a group of friends who were staying at the Cosmopolitan to hang out by the pool with them. It was great! The pool was beautiful, the big screen TVs kept the football fans happy, the staff was fantastic but the poolside bar service was what kept us there! Each couple had left the stress of work and responsibilities behind, along with their children, and was simply there to have a good time. It didn't take long for our bar tab to get so high that they upgraded us to a poolside cabana. It was expensive and exclusive (Rihanna was in the cabana next to us) and definitely not something we would do very often but we had a blast!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Tried to check in early and was given a pre registration set of keys that would work once my room was assigned and the hotel would text me my room number (fair enough). After getting my text that my room was ready tried to use my keys and they didn't work. Call down from my floor and was told that a bell hop would bring the up and that security would help me in, which security did. The keys on the other hand didn't come. So I called again and again and again. All said and done it took over two hours to resolve. The response was unacceptable and the fact that a manager didn't jump in or follow up afterwards was very disappointing.

Was surprised to receive such poor customer service as a marriott gold member.

The room itself was very nice ( one bedroom suite). Very large with a balcony. The bed was decent and bathroom above average.

Not sure what the resort fee went to unless it was for the raver party in the day club pool. Wasn't informed of any other pools or what this charge included.

The hotel/casino had a strange vibe. I get the vibe in belliago, the Wynn, Caesars even the older places like ny ny and bally's. I felt like the cosmopolitan struggled with a bit of an identity crises.

Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great hotel, clean rooms, nice pools, Jaleo was a solid meal. Only complaint is the elevator feels like a techno lounge. Will go back and will stay there again. I upgraded to a suite, which was worth every penny of it. This hotel also did a great job hosting my business meetings as well.

• Stayed June 2013
West Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a trendy and beautiful hotel. It was a great place to stay -- especially to have a romantic getaway sans toddler, though it wasn't flawless. Let me break it down.

The 14th floor pool is amazing. We were in Vegas during a crazy heat wave (116 degrees really is a lot hotter than 100), yet the pool was somehow kept refreshingly cold. The cabanas also had mister fans that kept the whole region cooler, so I could enjoy reading by the pool. (Yes, it is wasteful...) In the morning, the pool was not at all crowded. The only downside to the pool was the oddity of its hours. When you're in Vegas, you kind of expect just about everything to be 24/7. I wanted to go for a swim at 6:30am, and the pool was closed. It's only open from 8am-7pm (and it closes early for functions).

The room was beautiful, and we had a fabulous view (34th floor) of the Bellagio fountains -- very cool. Shower and bath are big, marble affairs. One of the sink faucets was a bit loose -- not a big deal, and we let them know on our way out. The toiletry items were very nice, with the exception of the bath soap -- when I opened it, it had what looked like bits of black mold from sitting unused in a steamy bathroom. Also, one of our towels had a tear. When I called the front desk, they immediately replaced the soap and towels. If I put out (on BR floor as instructed) a hand towel or washcloth for replacing, housekeeping took the dirty towels but didn't leave replacements.

The restaurants were really nice. Holsteins was a very good burger joint, and China Poblano was a really interesting and tasty fusion joint. Since there were no in-room coffee makers, I had to get my coffee and Va Bene, the little cafe. The coffee was okay. We never tried the buffet, but I've heard great things.

We inquired at the club about cover charges. Since we are pushing middle age, I swear the doorman pulled out his imaginary "ugly stick," though I suppose that's a function of our larger society.

The Chandelier Lounge is really cool. We liked the casino fine. We played craps there for a bit one morning, and we won on a $5 pull on a slot machine. My recommendation for table games is to go to Bally's for table games -- Craps especially -- and play their $5 tables. Take advantage of the "fire" bet -- dealers will explain.

Finally, it was a central location on the Strip. The woman who checked us in and out (some woman) was very helpful and friendly. I recommend it!

Room Tip: Get a Bellagio Fountain view room!