“Nice, spacious and upscale rooms; some even come with balconies” 4 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, spacious and upscale rooms; some even come with balconies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Cosmopolitan is one of the newer Las Vegas casinos and it really brings in a young, hip and fashionable crowd. It is easy to see why. The rooms are upscale suites and many come with balconies. There were a few things that could be better--the A/C unit did not work as well as it should have and Aria has more modern amenities (like an electronic door panel to signal do not disturb or service room)--but this is one of the nicer hotels on The Strip. And it really creates both a contemporary and upscale experience. The Cosmopolitan is part of the Marriott brand so you earn points and elite nights though a lot of the JW Marriott, Marriott and Renaissance elite benefits are not extended here because The Cosmopolitan has its own loyalty program (Identity).

Pros: Big suite-like and comfortable rooms with large living areas (great meeting / gathering space), contemporary and luxurious decor, great location (right next to The Bellagio), the hotel is small enough that it is not a long walk to get from your hotel room to The Strip, balconies in some rooms (which is a rarity in Las Vegas), one of the few hotels on The Strip where you earn points that you are likely to use outside of Las Vegas (Marriott Rewards).

Cons: Room did not get cool enough, towels and linen were not as good as other Vegas hotels like The Bellagio and Aria, room rates are typically expensive (one of the more expensive hotels on The Strip).

Room Tip: Request a balcony upgrade or ensure you get a room with a balcony when making a reservation
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

6,946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Two years ago we stayed at the Cosmopolitan and loved it. The rooms were lovely, the service was great. Unfortunately, my return trip this past February was not the same experience — not by a long shot. The rooms are still quite attractive, well-appointed and the fact you have a balcony was an added bonus, but my overall stay paled in comparison to my first visit.

On my first full day there my wallet was stolen, by men dressed up as hotel employees who entered our staff office (we were hosting an event at the hotel). The hotel assumed no responsibility whatsoever; I didn’t even get an apology. Considering how much money our company spent over the course of the week, I thought this was nothing short of ludicrous.

Theft aside, security as a whole has deteriorated at the hotel. There was no key-card necessary to get up to the guest rooms and absolutely no security personnel at the elevator banks. Even the cheapest hotels in Vegas vigilantly monitor who enters the hotel towers…how is this acceptable? Anyone could enter off the strip and head up to the rooms; in a city that encourages silly behavior, I found that alarming.

What a shame that the property has declined the way it has; my first stay made me a raving fan. My second stay made me raging mad; I’d say that’s just the wrong amount of wrong.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Fantastic stay at the Cosmopolitan. Quick VIP check-in. Balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Amazing Wicked Spoon buffet. Ultra chic and trendy. Not the best place to gamble though - minimum bet too high for us ordinary folk ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dupont, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel was ok,, but to be three yrs old carpets where very dirty. Room blanket was dirty had to request new one. This is not acceptable at all. Pool seats where torn up, what a mess! Clean up this place please. Also operator takes very long time to answers.

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

First time in Vegas. I decided to go for the best. The room was amazing and comfortable. I normally don't sleep well when I'm not home, but the bed were that comfortable!
But the people working there are just awful.
1- We booked a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains. When we did the check-in, we were told we had to pay $50 per night to get the view we had booked. Showing the receipt clearly stating that our room had a view of the fountains did nothing. We asked to speak to the manager, they refused.
2- We asked for a quiet room. They gave us a room just over the pool area where we couldn't nap in the day thanks to the loud music. We asked to change rooms or get one that is higher. They refused, only to say yes after we spoke with 7 different persons.
3- The first room we got was not ready to receive guests. The mini fridge in our suite wasn't matching the Kitchen like our second room and it was empty. Towels were missing, there were no safe, even if we had payed the resort fees, and some products were missing.
4- When we booked our room, we were told a shuttle would be available to us from the airport to the hotel. Landed, looked for the shuttle. It was nowhere to be found. Called the Cosmo, who told us they had taken the service away just DAYS before we arrived with no other alternatives.
5- The maid threw away our luggage locks and my slippers, the ones I brought from home. The hotel gave us a credit to buy new locks at Vitals but they're already broken.
6- Filled a request in the Lost and Found department for my fuzzy slippers and was told someone would get back to me. No one did.

We loved the hotel itself. It's modern, clean and the location is perfect for a first time Vegas goer like me who didn't really know where to go, but the service we received there made me not want to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms just over the pools are loud and you won't sleep well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, Monday to Friday, after Memorial Day weekend. Checked in on the Monday at about 3pm. Queues were not too bad and moved quickly. Not overly impressed with the chap who checked me in. He seemed a bit aloof, no eye contact and barked questions at me! I had reserved a 1 bed terrace so it was off to my room in the East Tower. After dragging my case through the casino (I know I know, I should have checked it with the bell-desk), I got to my room to discover the keys did not work. Tried about 3 times with no luck and then noticed that there was someone elses name on the key cards. Oh well, back to check-in with my case again. Spoke to the lady who was directing the queue and she sent me over to the Concierge this time who amended my keys and ensured the correct name was on them. Off to the East Tower take 2........this time my keys workd and I was in! Well.......I looked around my room and it was just not good. I was just not very comfortable there. It was all a bit grubby I suppose. The balcony floor was sticky, and it overlooked the Boulevard pool which was in full music flow. The carper had bits over it and the curtains/drapes had what looked like toothpaste half-way up them. Had a good look round, thought about it and decided I wasn't happy. So back to Check-in for the third time. Joined another line away from aloof man and was seen by a delightful young man named Jo or James? Well what a contrast. He was helpful, friendly and very apologetic. When I explained very politely about my unhappiness with my room, and the previous two trips to Reception with key issues he made a note of everything in his computer. He asked me where was my luggage......it was still with me, and said he would be changing my room to something a bit closer and with a view of the fountains! Well I was thrilled. Jo/James said that he liked the way I complained??? Yes I was polite, I see no point in yelling and shouting.....its not their fault.

This time I was in the West Tower, room 5135 and all I can say is wow wow wow. Room was huge with a fantastic view of the fountains. Stunning bathroom with massive walk-in shower and a tub overlooking the fountains. Two large flat-screen tvs and a very comfy bed with plenty of fluffy pillows. Robes and slippers in the closet, and plenty of goodies in the mini-bar. I was so impressed. Had a quick look round the room and found another door which turned out to be bathroom number 2! Maid service was excellent all days. They even left the $5 tip behind as I had forgotten to leave a thank you note. Bed was super comfy and I slept well with no disturbances. Of course the balcony was fab and a real treat to watch the fountains day and night. Loved the deep soaking tub after a long day in Vegas.

I only went to the Bamboo pool which was lovely. They did check my room key on arrival but not my small bag. I had no trouble bringing in a coffee and pastry from Va Bene Caffe in the mornings. Yes it was busy after 11am and had to really look for an open chair but I managed it. People are leaving all the time so its easy to switch places if you needed to. Servers were awesome, never kept you waiting for a cold cocktail. Food was also really good, I had the Ceasar Salad and the steak quesedillas and there were very tasty!

Casino was always lively. Had my first big win here of $1,077 on the Game of Life slot!! Very happy indeed. Cocktail waitresses were excellent, especially in the morning for my daily Mimosa or four!! Everyone I met was polite and friendly. Location is the best. So easy to pop across to the Bellagio for the fountains or to Planet Hollywood.

My only tiny critisism was that is was a little bit of a walk to get a coffee in the morning. It was no big deal really and I would have ordered room service if I had been desperate!

Check-out was painless. I called the bell desk to collect and store my case which makes life a lot easier. Very friendly and chatty lady on the desk, checked out swiftly and no issues with the bill. Oh and I also was not charged the resort fee, no idea why but I was not arguing!

I truly loved my 4 nights at The Cosmo. Check-in woes were soon forgotten. This is such a lovely modern hotel with fab rooms and balconys. I cannot wait to return!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Another girl and I had just flown in from a pageant in Cancun and were checking in at 11pm. We thought we'd be a bit cheeky and wear our sashes in to see if we could get an upgrade by working our Australian accents, and it worked a charm! There was no line upon checking in and Ryan made sure it was a breeze. The decor was very impressive and the pillars in the middle of the lobby area had tv screens all the way up them which were an underwater feature at night, then in the morning it changed to a library. Which confused us at first and we didn't know where we were.

Originally we paid for a City Room and received a complimentary upgrade to the Terrace Studio with 2 Queen Beds. EVERY GIRLS DREAM! This room was divine! The bedroom was beautiful, complete with a kitchen (don't touch the mini bar it's too expensive), huge cupboards to store your belongings, however there was only one stand to place your suitcase on which was annoying as I wanted it out of the way. The toilet I could have laid down in, it was massive! And the bathroom had his and hers sinks which made it easier for us girls to get ready without sharing one area. There was also a small balcony that looked out onto the strip, request one of those rooms if you can.

One night the room next to us was playing their music extremely loud from 2:30am onwards and making a huge ruckus. We called security and they were quick to turn the music down, but half an hour later they turned it right back up again. It didn't turn off until 5:30am. That was frustrating because we needed our sleep for the next day to go sight seeing.

The Chandelier Lounge is beautiful! We didn't go there but it was stunning to look at, as well as some nice shops inside the complex. We dined at The Henry for breakfast and a late night snack which was delicious.

It's a perfect location with the bus for the strip right outside your door as you walk out onto the strip. Very convenient. There was also free wifi!
We only stayed for 3 nights in November 2012 but I would definitely stay here again, I wish I didn't have to leave.

Room Tip: Politely ask for an upgrade, chances are you'll get it complimentary.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!